• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll Hills

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Troll Hills by LinardDaVinci
Troll Hills by LinardDaVinci

Description:

Hello buddies! After I watched videos on youtube about making melee maps and studying blizzard maps, I decided to create my own. This is my first map here I hope you'll enjoy playing on this.

Map Background:

Thick forest, fresh air and good wildlife. But the monsters make this land as their sanctuary. Trolls are the main inhabitants here, fighting alone is not a good idea because enemies draws near, so you better choose strong allies.

Features:

* 20 gold mines including starter
* 1 fountain of health
* 2 goblin laboratory
* 2 goblin merchant
* 17 orange camps
* 10 green camps
* 13 red camps (including guards of starting gold mine and expansions)
Contents

Troll Hills (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello, this map looks awesome and interesting to play. I can hardly believe this to be the first attempt of anyone trying to make a melee map. A few points that might need adjusting (apologies if i dont use the correct english terms), if they were...
deepstrasz
1. I don't think orcs and humans can build a main building on the high cliff expansion in the southwest. 2. Some players are nearer to more mines than others (not really an issue). 3. Pathing blockers in melee maps should be used with caution. Parts...
Level 11
nice melee :infl_thumbs_up: good luck and keep it up

Edit : :pwink:
-add some several screenshots :fp: How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description
-so much cliffs, you should reduce some cliffs - reason it will block the path and also some unit will stock on it just use raise,lower and plateau to make a hills or use some rock models
-fix the floating rocks on the cliff at top left side

Last edited:

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello, this map looks awesome and interesting to play. I can hardly believe this to be the first attempt of anyone trying to make a melee map.

A few points that might need adjusting (apologies if i dont use the correct english terms), if they were not done intentionally:
-The wildkins on the island drop "arbitrary level" items.
-The gnolls near the center can drop either a lvl3 or a lvl5 item.
-Some creepcamps attack trespassing scouting units (e.g. the ones at the southern shop/lab whereas it cant happen in the north).
-The trees/doodads are not "condensed": Near the center of the map there are various paths though the forest/rock areas where small single units can fit through. Imho thats a great feature in dota but not so much for a wc3 melee ;)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. I don't think orcs and humans can build a main building on the high cliff expansion in the southwest.
2. Some players are nearer to more mines than others (not really an issue).
3. Pathing blockers in melee maps should be used with caution. Parts surrounding the middle pond don't look like they should have pathing blockers to force units to circumvent. For instance you get over the hill to the north of the pond (west of the gnoll camp) but cannot do so in the southeast.
4. You can't get to the Goblin Merchant in the south because of pathing blockers, I guess. Nor can you to the Goblin Laboratory in the north.
5. One Goblin Laboratory should be in the east for melee symmetry sake. Same goes for the Goblin Merchant or any other neutral building or hostile camp.

Awaiting Update.

=======================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited: