• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger for Clicking Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello. Is it possible to make a trigger that will automatically updates the statistics for to save replay video to be through with WC3stats when the player clicks Menu or press F10 (Menu)? Thanks.

I wanted this because I don't know how to make victory and defeat conditions in one trigger to automatically updates the statistics for WC3stats.

Level 8
Hello. Is it possible to make a trigger that will automatically updates the statistics for to save replay video to be through with WC3stats when the player clicks Menu or press F10 (Menu)? Thanks.

I wanted this because I don't know how to make victory and defeat conditions in one trigger to automatically updates the statistics for WC3stats.
Sorry, I am having genuine trouble understanding this.
Would it be possible for you to try paraphrasing it? I read in the other thread that you have issues with English, so try shorter sentences if that's easier.

Level 8
Really? Well, I am trying to make a trigger that if a player clicks this as condition in this red circle...

upload_2019-11-29_19-1-3.png

and, then trigger makes a action. Understand?
Example:

When a player presses ESC,

upload_2019-11-29_19-9-15.png

Then, action would be updates the stats. But, is there a event or condition of a player clicking Menu?

Last edited:
Level 8
Because if there is a trigger that if a player click Quit Game, a player leaves the game in event, then it should be possible to have a trigger for a player click Menu instead of Quit Game. I don't know how to make this one and I was asking if anyone out there have tried it and made it work.

Level 8
Ok. Well, I am trying to make a trigger that will automatically updates the stats whenever a player leaves the game. Because if I use player leaves the game event, it wouldn't be able to updates the stats because a player is out of game and cannot update the stats for the Save Replay Video option in case a player would want to hit Save Replay Video or not, and if a player hit Save Replay Video, it will be saved as file and it can be send to WC3stats.com.

Level 8
Ok. Well, I am trying to make a trigger that will automatically updates the stats whenever a player leaves the game. Because if I use player leaves the game event, it wouldn't be able to updates the stats because a player is out of game and cannot update the stats for the Save Replay Video option in case a player would want to hit Save Replay Video or not, and if a player hit Save Replay Video, it will be saved as file and it can be send to WC3stats.com.
I am not entirely certain what kind of stats this is, but it sounds like you wanna carry in-game data outside the game, and I sadly haven't the first clue how one would go about that.

When removing bots you also remove cg ladders

You need to enrich the replay with custom data. Due the technical background updating data might not be fast enough for one player that is already leaving. It's required to read documentations and other people's experience on issues regarding this system.

Some implementations have a periodic updating process ( example ), or one concretely defined update point, when the game has ended.

If you are okay with the trigger being async you can poll for the visibility of the frame ("InsideMainPanel", 0) [F10] or ("InsideEndGamePanel", 0) [Alt + F4), although that only works in multiplayer.
Code:
if BlzFrameIsVisible(BlzGetFrameByName("InsideMainPanel", 0)) or BlzFrameIsVisible(BlzGetFrameByName("InsideEndGamePanel", 0)) then
 log data of GetLocalPlayer()
end

Status
Not open for further replies.