1. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Translation of GUI codes

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Aeryn, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Aeryn

Aeryn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I would like to have translated versions of GUI codes into English when using [ trigger] [ /trigger]
    Perhaps something like this: [ trigger] [language=x] [ /trigger]. It is so painful trying to figure out what "if or then else" means in their native language.

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While a good suggestion, I do not think it should take priority.

1. There are more important things that require development time (in my opinion)
    2. How many will actually use this language tag? people do not read up on the bb-tags most of the time
    3. You are willingly shooting yourself in the foot if you have a non-english editor. You cannot write a german post and expect a japanese person to understand. It's the same with posting a foreign trigger on a english speaking site. Where it is against the rules to post in non-english by the way.

3. Aeryn

Aeryn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am not talking about myself. It's just when a user asks for help in help zone, I find myself having hard time helping the person just because I can't understand a thing.

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hence:
    That's their fault, not yours.

5. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I also find such translation would be useful! Tasyen made an extra tool for supporting in such situation, Trigger Translator.

6. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey come on, it's not really that hard, you can guess most of the part, thus, it gets annoying yes I agree...reading half a weird language and half english.

7. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds cool but I am busy rewriting the entire site for XenForo 2 already. Will take a long while before I get to this :S.