• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Translation of GUI codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I would like to have translated versions of GUI codes into English when using [ trigger] [ /trigger]
Perhaps something like this: [ trigger] [language=x] [ /trigger]. It is so painful trying to figure out what "if or then else" means in their native language.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
While a good suggestion, I do not think it should take priority.

1. There are more important things that require development time (in my opinion)
2. How many will actually use this language tag? people do not read up on the bb-tags most of the time
3. You are willingly shooting yourself in the foot if you have a non-english editor. You cannot write a german post and expect a japanese person to understand. It's the same with posting a foreign trigger on a english speaking site. Where it is against the rules to post in non-english by the way.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hence:
You are willingly shooting yourself in the foot if you have a non-english editor. You cannot write a german post and expect a japanese person to understand. It's the same with posting a foreign trigger on a english speaking site. Where it is against the rules to post in non-english by the way.

That's their fault, not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.