• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Translating Campaign maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I'm translating Reforged version with my friend to the Czech language. We had offical translation until patch 1.28. Everything works fine now but we have got some problem. We need to translate loading screens, subtitles and quests on campaign maps. Campaign maps have strings so I extracted them in older versions a copied them to the newer maps (Reforged) in World Editor. When I tested the map everything work great it's all translated. But we can only play it like that or load it as a custom game. When we load it through the campaign it's all in English again. We had the same problem in version 1.29, but we created folder called Campaign in game folder and copied all translated maps there. It worked. Maps were load trough campaign and they were in Czech language. But we don't know what to do now. Czech voices are working great. We created folder called Sound (in game directory) with Dialogue folder and game loads them. We just needed edit registry so the game won't repair those files. Does anybody here have some experiences with this maps? Without that we won't be able to finish our translations.
Thanks ind advance. :)

Lord Mazour

P.S. You can see examples in the pictures.

Attachments

• In game - Classic.png
    In game - Classic.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
  • Loading.png
    Loading.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.