• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So, how do you load custom maps now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Pretty clueless with making custom maps and stuff but as I understood --> drag map into maps folder --> load map in game --> play.

What exactly do we have to do now? Previous custom maps I played are all messed up and can't be found now, and idek where to add new ones or re-install them because the maps folder is gone. I tried making a maps folder myself, I find the map in single player, try to load it and it just says it can't find the maps/

Level 1
read that, moved data and moved maps to that maps folder. The map still shows up fine but no matter what folder its in, even on a fresh install it won't load the map and saying it can't find it.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

If you can see it in the map list, but it's saying "Map not found" when you click the button to host it, that means there is a syntax error or some other compilation error in the map.

Level 1
For example Enfos Enfo's TS:MT Edition 1.93 Version I had downloaded before didn't work. re-downloaded a new one, still didn't work. Simply put it in maps folder though, checked the other directories and moved data folder. Still didn't work. Decided to do a fresh install of the whole game, deleted everything. Couldn't find a map folder after fresh install, made one and put enfos in it. It found the map in the list but still couldn't launch saying "can't find map" or something along those lines. But no particular error code or anything attached.

Level 1
map file location yup documents\warcraft III\Maps. Language = English. File size is 1.29mb (1.354.045 bytes) so yeah 1322.31 kb. I'm gonna try a fresh install again, and find a map thats been updated relatively recently and give it a shot coz enfo's is obvioulsy kinda old now and hasn't been updated for aaages.

Thanks for the quick replies btw guys :), sorry for being a bit slow

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
map file location yup documents\warcraft III\Maps. Language = English. File size is 1.29mb (1.354.045 bytes) so yeah 1322.31 kb. I'm gonna try a fresh install again, and find a map thats been updated relatively recently and give it a shot coz enfo's is obvioulsy kinda old now and hasn't been updated for aaages.
The map works fine for me on 1.31 English.
Hey, who knows, maybe it's something related to the game not being installed properly even if you uninstall it first due to registry leftover.

Level 1
Possibly yeah not sure. Anyways I gotta go to work first, I'll give it a shot and get back to you. Thanks for the help

Level 1
Aight, third reinstall. Made sure all and every single file was deleted. A map folder showed up in documents by itself rather than me having to make it. All works now, idk why the other reinstalls didn't work thanks heaps :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Aight, third reinstall. Made sure all and every single file was deleted. A map folder showed up in documents by itself rather than me having to make it. All works now, idk why the other reinstalls didn't work thanks heaps :)
Not sure how you did it but when I install it and then want to run it, the game asks for CD-keys. Maybe that's when it makes registries with the exact paths?

Status
Not open for further replies.