1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tingle's Thread need help ^^

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Tingle, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Parrothead

Parrothead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Stop bumping your topic every 5 minutes.

2. Tingle

Tingle

Resources:
    Resources:
    sry im just frustrated and dont want to continue on the map untill the skills for the archer are done...

3. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I though the answear has already been given.... TEll you exact problem, and I will solve it, if it is posible for me.

And stop bumb... do so each 2 days or so not more..

4. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You edited all your posts saying "DONE" "DONE" "DONE" at least tell us a new problem instead of "update bump" every 2 seconds.

5. Tingle

Tingle

Resources:
    Resources:
    i do post new questions problems, on the first post at the bottom... like i have been doing all the time everytime i change something i typ in --- UPDATE and BUMP --- that means that on the first page a new topic has been added...

6. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    perhaps just post your problem instead. I never watch first pages if I already saw them unless they're a project announcement that can be updated.

7. Tingle

Tingle

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok then ill do that, i need help with:
    - How do I make a activatable spell to a Click spell only (not abel to right click it anymore)
    - How to create a Arrow Frenzy Spell, its suppose to make the unit unmoveable for 15 seconds shooting 400% faster and spinning its self in place but it must be abel to auto attack anything that comes in rang of 800 and it needs a cool effect around the unit like a wind (not tornado) and makeing dust around it creating dust everytime it shoots...
    -How to create a Rain of Arrow Spell.. like blizzard but with arrows instead of ice

8. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Arrow Frenzy sounds way to overpower for a spell... and will be a hell of special effects = maybe lag
    the unmoveable would be: jsut use pause trigger, add attackspeed change of unit to the unit when using the spell. Base it on a autocast arrow spell. And then a qustion; you mean this as a ward or as a arrow a hero shoot out? The autoattack on players that comes near... well why that? a normal hero would do that.... (to make it only 800 range change in the ability range) and the dust effect well... jsut use trigger to create special effect on region/target... but! REmember to remove it again, and make it MUI meaning if you have wait involved use locals.
    Rain of Arrow Spell: just change the model used for the ability.

9. Tingle

Tingle

Resources:
    Resources:
    To the Rain of Arrows Spell, i tried changeing the model of the blizzard spell, doesnt work o_O.

To the Arrow Frenzy, the unit itsself shoots not a ward...
    and it lasts only 10-15 sec, it has a 20-30 min cool down and it is the ultimate spell that the hero gets at level 50 so it needs to look nice ^^

To my firstproblem how to make a autocast to a 1 clicker (i based it off blood lust) ...

10. FrostCyrus

FrostCyrus

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Autocast spell no longer autocastable:
    Not Possible as far as I'm aware. Sorry. Best not to plan on making it "non-autocastable".

Rain of Arrows:
    Try using the Tinker's rocket spell

Arrow Frenzy Ultimate:
    Personally, I'd do the following...
    1. Pause the archer and make it completely transparent
    2. Create a dummy unit on top of the archer that looks just like the archer
    3. Make sure the dummy unit is equipped with a "Phoenix Fire" type spell
    4. Enter a "for loop" (with a separate trigger) that will cause the dummy archer to constantly and rapidly rotate in place
    5. Add necessary eye candy special effects for the duration of the spell
    6. Remove the dummy unit, stop special effects, unpause archer and reset transparency at the end of the spell's duration.

11. Tingle

Tingle

Resources:
    Resources:
    uh that would be a first timer i do something like that.... could you make a trigger or screenshots... ive never messed with pausing or looping o_O

12. Tingle

Tingle

Resources:
    Resources:
    To the Tinker Rocket Spell, I removed all the effects and buffs and it still stuns o.o but anyway its not what im looking for the arrows need the come down together in waves... not one after the other.

13. gavdaman88

gavdaman88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you know what dummy units are? They'd help you a lot for all your abilities.

14. twelveoclock

twelveoclock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    for your arrow frenzy spell:
    -make an ability based off of berserk and set all of its speed bonus to 400%(i'll call it Frenzy Arrows)
    -make a trigger to detect when the spell goes off

• Event
      • Unit - A Unit Starts The Effect of An Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to Frenzy Arrows
    • Actions
      • Set FrenzyCaster = (Triggering Unit)
      • Unit - Set FrenzyCaster movement speed to 0.01
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set FrenzyCaster movement speed to (Defaut movement speed of (Triggering Unit))

You would get the attack speed bonus from berserk and the movement reduction from the trigger

I don't think you can make a unit both attack AND change facing angle at the same time

Also, if you want this to be MUI, then make the unit variable an array

For the special effects:
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to FrenzyCaster
      • UnitInFrenzy Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set temploc = (Position of Attacking unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temploc using (your effect here)
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temploc )

You should get rid of the memory leak so it doesn't lag later
    The special effects also leak, but GUI give you a method of removing them