• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tingle's Thread need help ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
sry im just frustrated and dont want to continue on the map untill the skills for the archer are done...

Level 3
i do post new questions problems, on the first post at the bottom... like i have been doing all the time everytime i change something i typ in --- UPDATE and BUMP --- that means that on the first page a new topic has been added...

Level 3
ok then ill do that, i need help with:
- How do I make a activatable spell to a Click spell only (not abel to right click it anymore)
- How to create a Arrow Frenzy Spell, its suppose to make the unit unmoveable for 15 seconds shooting 400% faster and spinning its self in place but it must be abel to auto attack anything that comes in rang of 800 and it needs a cool effect around the unit like a wind (not tornado) and makeing dust around it creating dust everytime it shoots...
-How to create a Rain of Arrow Spell.. like blizzard but with arrows instead of ice

Level 35
ok then ill do that, i need help with:
- How do I make a activatable spell to a Click spell only (not abel to right click it anymore)
- How to create a Arrow Frenzy Spell, its suppose to make the unit unmoveable for 15 seconds shooting 400% faster and spinning its self in place but it must be abel to auto attack anything that comes in rang of 800 and it needs a cool effect around the unit like a wind (not tornado) and makeing dust around it creating dust everytime it shoots...
-How to create a Rain of Arrow Spell.. like blizzard but with arrows instead of ice

Arrow Frenzy sounds way to overpower for a spell... and will be a hell of special effects = maybe lag
the unmoveable would be: jsut use pause trigger, add attackspeed change of unit to the unit when using the spell. Base it on a autocast arrow spell. And then a qustion; you mean this as a ward or as a arrow a hero shoot out? The autoattack on players that comes near... well why that? a normal hero would do that.... (to make it only 800 range change in the ability range) and the dust effect well... jsut use trigger to create special effect on region/target... but! REmember to remove it again, and make it MUI meaning if you have wait involved use locals.
Rain of Arrow Spell: just change the model used for the ability.

Level 3
To the Rain of Arrows Spell, i tried changeing the model of the blizzard spell, doesnt work o_O.

To the Arrow Frenzy, the unit itsself shoots not a ward...
and it lasts only 10-15 sec, it has a 20-30 min cool down and it is the ultimate spell that the hero gets at level 50 so it needs to look nice ^^

To my firstproblem how to make a autocast to a 1 clicker (i based it off blood lust) ...

Level 5
Autocast spell no longer autocastable:
Not Possible as far as I'm aware. Sorry. Best not to plan on making it "non-autocastable".

Rain of Arrows:
Try using the Tinker's rocket spell

Arrow Frenzy Ultimate:
Personally, I'd do the following...
  1. Pause the archer and make it completely transparent
  2. Create a dummy unit on top of the archer that looks just like the archer
  3. Make sure the dummy unit is equipped with a "Phoenix Fire" type spell
  4. Enter a "for loop" (with a separate trigger) that will cause the dummy archer to constantly and rapidly rotate in place
  5. Add necessary eye candy special effects for the duration of the spell
  6. Remove the dummy unit, stop special effects, unpause archer and reset transparency at the end of the spell's duration.

Level 3
uh that would be a first timer i do something like that.... could you make a trigger or screenshots... ive never messed with pausing or looping o_O

Level 3
To the Tinker Rocket Spell, I removed all the effects and buffs and it still stuns o.o but anyway its not what im looking for the arrows need the come down together in waves... not one after the other.

Level 4
for your arrow frenzy spell:
-make an ability based off of berserk and set all of its speed bonus to 400%(i'll call it Frenzy Arrows)
-make a trigger to detect when the spell goes off

• Event
    • Unit - A Unit Starts The Effect of An Ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to Frenzy Arrows
  • Actions
    • Set FrenzyCaster = (Triggering Unit)
    • Unit - Set FrenzyCaster movement speed to 0.01
    • Wait 15.00 seconds
    • Unit - Set FrenzyCaster movement speed to (Defaut movement speed of (Triggering Unit))
You would get the attack speed bonus from berserk and the movement reduction from the trigger

I don't think you can make a unit both attack AND change facing angle at the same time

Also, if you want this to be MUI, then make the unit variable an array

For the special effects:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Attacking unit) Equal to FrenzyCaster
    • UnitInFrenzy Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Set temploc = (Position of Attacking unit)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temploc using (your effect here)
    • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temploc )
You should get rid of the memory leak so it doesn't lag later
The special effects also leak, but GUI give you a method of removing them

Status
Not open for further replies.