• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Flame arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
A group of archers, each has only one flame arrow to shoot. The flame arrow when hit ground it creates burning oil effect)

The flame arrow is Channel spell... to have possibility shoot ground

• ShootFlameArrow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Archer
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Arrow
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet ArcherFlame = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add Burning Oilllll to ArcherFlame
      • Set VariableSet FlameArrowPosition = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyTarget for Player 2 (Blue) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set VariableSet AcoTarget = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order ArcherFlame to Attack AcoTarget
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to DummyTarget
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Burning Oilllll from ArcherFlame
      • Unit - Remove Flame Arrow from ArcherFlame
      • Unit - Remove AcoTarget from the game

this works when only one archer shoot each time.... if they shoot varios flame arrow at same time the trigger buggs..... any help would be welcome

Do you have only player 1 in your map if not then you will need to change Player 2 (Blue) to neutral hostile
  • Unit - Create 1 DummyTarget for Player 2 (Blue) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
As for your bug I'm pretty sure is because of the wait from the second trigger.
  • Wait 1.00 seconds

Level 12
ok will test this

3 players, 1 player human, 2 players computer (1 ally 1 enemy) I putted the dummy to 2 allied with enemies cause they attack the dummy.... dummy has 0.1 scale, if put 0 they cant be attacked and be target of the attack with burning oil

the problem is how to remove burning oil ?

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Edit: This works well. Flaming Arrow (Archer) is based on Silence with it's Targets Allowed set to None. The Flame Arrow Dummy has the Burning Oil ability and is setup to attack immediately. I remove the Dummy after 10.00 seconds so that it remains alive long enough to get kill credit (not sure if necessary).
  • Flaming Arrow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flaming Arrow (Archer)
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet FA_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Flame Arrow Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at FA_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FA_Point)
      • Set VariableSet FA_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground FA_Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FA_Point)
Edit: Hold on, it's a little buggy. I think it's because of the minimum attack range for attack ground.
Edit 2: Fixed it, forgot to set Minimum Attack range to 0.

Attachments

• Flaming Arrow.w3m
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Level 39
Maybe I've misunderstood, but if you want an ability to have a limited number of uses you can base it on the mortar team's Flare ability. With the field Data - Flare Count you can choose how many charges the ability can have; the default of 0 means it's unlimited. These do not replenish/regenerate naturally, and I have no idea how they interact with the ability to set ability data fields dynamically.

Status
Not open for further replies.