• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tingle's Thread need help ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is my official help me thread,
considering I have very nice ideas for a rpg I want to make and am progressing on, I need help because I dont know much about custom stuff or triggering, or better said what I am asking for is rather complicating sometimes. So instead of creating a new thread each problem (what would sadly be many :( ) i'm putting everything into this one.
This first post will be edited each time I figured something out or someone helped me and just "bump" the thread.
A important notice to my work: I am useing a spellbook with differnt levels as "Pages" where each spell goes into, I have 9 heroes and each hero has 12 uniqe spells.
Everyone who helps me and I somewhat progress in my project will get rep from me.

Current Problem/Question:
- How do I make a activatable spell to a Click spell only (not abel to right click it anymore)
- How to create a Arrow Frenzy Spell, its suppose to make the unit unmoveable for 15 seconds shooting 400% faster and spinning its self in place but it must be abel to auto attack anything that comes in rang of 800 and it needs a cool effect around the unit like a wind (not tornado) and makeing dust around it creating dust everytime it shoots...
-How to create a Rain of Arrow Spell.. like blizzard but with arrows instead of ice

Last edited:
Level 3
i take that back, use single activate spells with no target and no [turn off]
then make a trigger for on cast - replace Hero(normal) with Hero(firearrow) using the unit's values
you'll hafta make all 3 arrow types into hero units

then make a trigger for
a unit is attacked
attacking unit = hero(firearrow)
damage area (position of unit attacked) 250.00 for 15 dmg

either that or cover spells that when used remove themselves and add the cold attack autoattacker spell and removes the other cold attack autoattacker spells, kind've difficult to explain...

Last edited:
Level 17
- How do I creat a Blasting Arrow that will do splash damage to the enemy and not itsself or friendly units or trees/distr/ect.

I'm afraid I have to tell you this might not be able to be an autocast, I have seen it in games but I think it require good Jass skills.

I suggest making like Cluster Rockets - Tinker's Spell This is found in Abilities, Neutral Hostile then Heroes!

Change the missile count to 1, change the AOE you want and then change the missiles to arrows.

I suggest this because theres only 1 thing you might not want it to damage, Neutral, and you might want it to damage air, if so change these in Stats - Targets

Level 9
If that fails use triggering. Remove the duration and the damage and trigger it. Then you can simply set the damage with integers.

event - unit casts ability
condition - ability equal to tingles arrow
actions
pick every unit in (convert point with size to region) position of target point of ability being cast with size (required splash radius, height)
then within it an if then else action
if owner of picked not equal to 'owner of casting unit'
then
damage target dealing 'damage'

although you'll need to use wait to delay the damage... still cluster rockets should be easy to change, you must be doing something wrong but I can't see anything wrong from what you say. The way you've made it it wont deal splash damage i think because it will deal only 100 damage and probably focuses it on 1 target.

Level 9
OK I'll just whip it up in world editor... this is only for when the cluster rockets wont work.

I think this is what your after, it sends an arrow at the target and then damages the target for 100 and nearby units for 50. The main target gets fire on him and surroundings get dust from the impact.

Ability bases (trigger and object)

And what it looks like

Hope that explains what needs to be done for it to work

Level 1
- Spell Heal Pet: I cant figure out how to creat a spell that will heal only the pet that the archer can summon... the pet is a summond unit, like the skills that the beastmaster can do but i need a spell so that the archer can only heal its summon pet...

The best way I can think of is to create a variable for the pet, and set the variable to equal the unit that is summoned when the archer casts the summoning spell.

Then for the heal spell itself you'd need to make it in a trigger so that the spell will automatically heal this variable when the healing spell is cast.

Level 9
Multi-Shot Ability? Quite simple, actually.

Lots of ways of doing it, here's the easiest.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Multi-Shot
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Dude for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
To explain this...

Make a dummy ability, base it off anything with a target, like Storm Bolt or Chain Lightning. Set all it's values to 0, so it does nothing. Then create Dummy unit, with no model, no shadow, invunerability, Flying movement and Barrage. Give it a ranged attack. The trigger will run, create a unit, order it to attack and give it a timer to kill itself in 2 seconds.

When it attacks, it will Barrage all nearby units. You can create a custom Barrage to set it's values.

Level 9
You didn't give him Barrage, probably...and please don't triple post, just use the EDIT button.

Post your map and I'll be able to help you out.

No, it's not possible to change the Fan of Knives degrees, and they don't attack specific targets, either. Not a bad idea, if it could be changed, though.

Level 4
"Current Problem/Question:
- I want to make a skill "Multi-Shot-Arrow" its suppose to shoot 2 arrows and more per level and do more dmg per level... and hit multipul enemys... how do i do that?"

If you don't mind the skill shooting behind you as well, Fan of knives spell with gfx edited to match, and dealing, say 60 damage and 120 max first level 180 max second level. Use the following formula:

Damage of arrow on given level * Number of targets on given level = Maximum damage.

If you do, however want to make it so that it's based on the shooter's base damage, then it's getting a bit more complicated and i don't have the answer at hand.

EDIT: It could be also possible to use a dummyspell and make a trigger to pick N random units from range of position of targeted unit matching conditions: Level of locust for matching unit = 0, Owner of matching unit is an enemy of owner of casting unit and matching unit is alive. Then for each picked unit this way create a dummyunit at position of casting unit and order it to attack/cast some nuke on picked unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.