• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making Spells Automatically Autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I am making a Necromancer hero and I am making a spell that shoots out a tower-like structure (using tinker base ability) and then I want that tower to have Dark Arrow. Unfortunately, I don't think if I gave it Dark ARrow it would automatically be autocast each time it spawns via previous spell. Is there anyway to make it automatically be autocast? Also, if that is too complicated/impossible, is it possible to make a passive spell with a Dark Arrow-like effect? Thanks!

Level 2
Couldn't you just use the object editor to set the default active ability to Black Arrow, change its mana cost to 0, and let it fire away after it has been placed? That way there is no need to trigger the spell.

Couldn't you just use the object editor to set the default active ability to Black Arrow, change its mana cost to 0, and let it fire away after it has been placed? That way there is no need to trigger the spell.

I dont think you can set the dark arrow to autocast this way... because you cannot make the tower "right-click" the skill and there's no trigger for that I think.. so the ways they posted above were the only ones I think that can work..

Level 14
Going into the Object Editor and setting the "Default Active Ability" to the Dark Arrow skill will automatically make it auto-cast, as though it was right clicked on.

Look at Human Priest units, they have it set and they always spawn with auto-casting active.

Status
Not open for further replies.