• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiple triggers help/starter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, my name is Hasse Åkesson, I live in Sweden.

I am making this thread because I want help with triggers which I have no clue how to make them efficient and good.
I am kind of a beginner at triggers, I've experienced with triggers but I've never really learnt anything that isn't basic.

Well I will need a lot of help since I am doing tests for an upcoming project I'd love to complete.

I do enjoy this forum as I enjoy other forums and I've used a lot of resources (icons, models etc, etc)

My first thing I want help with is how I really use scripts efficiently, for example, I want a spell like war stomp to damage the enemies it hits for the base damage and create an illusion on the target enemy.

and I want to learn how a target aoe spell like lets say silence (but not actually silence the targets) to spawn dummies and for them to use chain lightning on a target within the AoE.

If you guys would give me a breef explaination of how I could achieve these spells, I do not want any complete jass or gui triggers handed to me, I want to learn myself how to create these or other similar spells in the future.

I will probably come with more requests if you guys are willing to help me.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Waze.

EDIT; Move this if not in proper section.

A reletivly quick answer or just a nod that people have read this would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
Waze, welcome to the hive.

I would be glad to tutor you because you sound dedicated and interested and have the necessary ideas.

It will be a crash course with me and probably be frustrating but the end result would be the ability to create just about anything you want.

If this sounds too intense, perhaps a GUI user will respond with a similar offer.

Good luck,

Level 2
Waze, welcome to the hive.

I would be glad to tutor you because you sound dedicated and interested and have the necessary ideas.

It will be a crash course with me and probably be frustrating but the end result would be the ability to create just about anything you want.

If this sounds too intense, perhaps a GUI user will respond with a similar offer.

Good luck,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I am afraid I didn't quite get what you meant with tutoring.
If you meant you could tutor me, I would gladly accept it, I would even put in a small payment for it if we come to a good agreement.

I am willing to learn anything really, all from Gui to Jass.

I'd promise I won't find it frustrating, I'd appriciate the help.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
Waze, I've learned all I know about scripting from the free community that is available - the hive, wc3c, wc3jass etc. I won't be able to answer everything and I certainly would not accept any payment.

You do indeed sound interested though, so you're welcome to PM me your contact information and I will start teaching you asap.

By the way, don't double post without waiting at least 24 hours (in reference to your OP where you posted again after just 1 hour)

Level 2
Waze, I've learned all I know about scripting from the free community that is available - the hive, wc3c, wc3jass etc. I won't be able to answer everything and I certainly would not accept any payment.

You do indeed sound interested though, so you're welcome to PM me your contact information and I will start teaching you asap.

By the way, don't double post without waiting at least 24 hours (in reference to your OP where you posted again after just 1 hour)

Well, the payment would probably mean more if I am satisfied with what I learned, and with contact information you mean skype etc, right?

I double posted merely to get the thread noticed, I did not in any way mean to break any rules.
I know in most forums double posts are not allowed, but I somehow thing they should be allowed if the thread owner uses the first post to somehow summerize the thread or something like that.

I'll send you my contact information and I don't really have time today, if you happen to have time tomorrow I'll gladly accept any help provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.