• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with dummy line of movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,
I am somth like a newbie in proffesional world editing, like hard triggers and so one, but i've made one spell in my map,
It is something like Sniper shot Ultimate of Dwarwen sniper in DotA.
Iam posting screen from WEdit where my trigger is.
The trigger is working well, but there is a problem with dummy.

Let me explain my spell,
Mirana (my hero) casts arrow which has 5s casting time, and then arrow is shooted and i created a dummy, to run at arrow's target, to gain vision of that arrow.
But, arrow is flying in straight line, and dummy has weird movement, just not straight..
I will show u these 2 pics.

http://screenshot.cz/79D9N/ dummy's and arrow's lines (dummy RED, arrow GREEN)

http://screenshot.cz/AZA6J/ trigger.

I will appreciate all help, tnx a lot to any1 helping me.
and sorry for my bad english .. :)

Last edited:
Level 33
To post trigger here, just use this code
  • TRIGGER HERE[/ trigger] (without the space after "/")
  • To copy your trigger, simply left click the name of your trigger (For example, its name is Fire Strike, left-click the Fire Strike trigger (this must be done at the top name inside the trigger functions (at the right of the screen, not the left ones))
  • and select the Copy As Text
  • Simply after that, inside the [b]TRIGGER HERE[/B], replace it by pasting it inside the code and it will look like this
  • [trigger]Custom script: I'm saying heloooo

Now on to your problem;

Well, perhaps your dummy has collision size ?

Are you sure that your dummy unit, is truly a dummy unit ?

All settings has been configured in the Object Editor ?

Man how I can see you are total beginner in Gui. First like what defskull told probably your unit isn't dummy at all. To your unit be dummy it must to have unit spell ''Locust'' just then your unit is really dummy. Second you spell have action ''Wait'' so spell isn't Mui. Mui means to your spell can be casted with many units in the same time.Third your spell is madden wrong from beginning you must have at least 2 triggers for that spell one like that and one loop(means to action repeat many times).
Go in forum spell and search for some gui/mui knockback and when you can stand them try again.

I think to you made big mistake. If you want spell like Dwarwen Sniper you just edit spell Storm Hammer. Change missile, duration, casting time, missile speed that all.Hope this helps

Level 33
Second you spell have action ''Wait'' so spell isn't Mui.
The problem of the thread starter faces not being a MUI or not, just want his spell to work (perhaps it's for single-player game, god knows)

Third your spell is madden wrong from beginning you must have at least 2 triggers for that spell one like that and one loop(means to action repeat many times).
He ordered his dummy to move to the target location, so that way the dummy can also travel without the usage of periodic timer (only the disadvantage is; the speed of the dummy will follow the unit's movement speed, cannot go faster than that or whatever)

I think to you made big mistake. If you want spell like Dwarwen Sniper you just edit spell Storm Hammer.
I believe it's Storm Bolt, Storm Hammers is passive ability to make a Ranged Attack cleaving.

Level 1
Guys, thx both of u,
I've read some harder triggers with MUI and soone, but i just don't understand that, and i think that those triggers are so booringly looooong.

to my problem:
I've already read about dummy units, and my dummy is working well, it has the locus, etc.
maybe defskull is right, bcs i haven't set collision size or what is that. But my dummy is flying, so there won't be problem with collision or there will be some prob?

Maybe it's just the W3 engine, some bug in unit's movement or what..
Any other Ideas?

Level 1
I think i've figured out,
I've set dummy to be flying, but i haven't set height,
Now i have set height and dummy is moving straight.
Anyway, thx for advices, and i'm going to check out how to use MUI etc.

Level 14
I am lazy to read if someone mentioned it before, but you can set the movement type of the dummy to NONE and then move it along with the arrow. Changing the movement to something else (i think it will work again if the movement type is "Flying") may cause movement errors (just like in your case) even if your dummy has Locust and all these things.

Also, why you use Wait in your trigger? Just set the casting time of the spell in the object editor, not with a Wait in the trigger. ;)

EDIT : Setting the movement type of the unit to NONE means that the unit can'T move when right-clicking. It caN move with the trigger action "Unit - Move unit (instantly)"

Level 1
I am lazy to read if someone mentioned it before, but you can set the movement type of the dummy to NONE and then move it along with the arrow. Changing the movement to something else (i think it will work again if the movement type is "Flying") may cause movement errors (just like in your case) even if your dummy has Locust and all these things.

Also, why you use Wait in your trigger? Just set the casting time of the spell in the object editor, not with a Wait in the trigger. ;)

EDIT : Setting the movement type of the unit to NONE means that the unit can'T move when right-clicking. It caN move with the trigger action "Unit - Move unit (instantly)"

Maybe,
but i want to get vision of the flying arrow, using the dummy which is meant to be following target of spell cast.
But the dummy, isn't following straight but it's movement is just weird... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.