• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Arrow Line spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey can someone help me create this type of spell for me:

Alright well its a ability that you can use. You select a area where u want to shoot your arrow spell at. The arrow spells goes in a straight line damaging any enemy units encounters the arrow. I would like the arrow to go at least 600 distance.

Oh also if possible make it Warcraft 3 Roc compatible

Level 9
Actually you don't need any custom triggers to do that, simple make a custom ability based on shockwave and change the Missile Art to an arrow and adjust some of the values such as reducing the AoE of the ability so its more akin to an arrow.

I have a test map nearly complete to show you how to make it work, but the map is Frozen Throne I'm afraid, you could still do the ability in RoC, you would just have to change the Tauren Chieftain’s shockwave to the arrow spell instead of making a new custom one.

I'll post the map here in a little bit when I get it done.

Regards,

Jake

Level 9
Heres that test map I was talking about, sorry it took so long, I like to put more details in my test maps than I really should lol. The map is also unprotected so feel free to open it and do what ever you want with it.

And Mckill, Doing something by triggers is fine but it wastes a lot of time, effort and map space if you can do the same thing by "reskining" an exisiting ability, like I did in my attached map.

Give me some feedback too if you want. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Attachments

• (1)Ranger Test.w3x
    58.6 KB · Views: 98
Level 29
trigger's is always best, like I said it can create events like explode when touches the
first unit encountered, also the armour is affected by changing it into configurable
damage/attack types, spell's edited in the object editor cant do that...

anyway, Im just suggesting, and if you want a simple one with just eyecandy
and uses only spell damage then just edit the model & sfx in the object editor
like jake's suggestion...

Level 9
BUT remember one thing, using an arrow model for shockwave will make the arrow travel just barely above the ground which can look really bad...

I noticed that a little in my test map, mind you I used the Ballista missile instead of an arrow, since it made it more distinct as a spell.

Regards,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.