• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a vJass ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi. I'm currently learning vJass. I want to make an ability called 'Bouncing Shot' but I don't know how to get started with the trigger. I want to make this ability using vJass. Here's a description of the ability :

Bouncing Shot
When auto-casting is enabled, every arrow she shoots bounces 3 times. Her arrows deal 2 x her agility to the first unit and the damage halves for every successive bounce.

This ability can be auto-cast by right clicking on the icon
Here's what I came up with so far :

Bouncing Shot
*Trigger detects damage is taken by the attacked unit (a). This gives me a headache -.-
*Damages the attacked unit for 2 x Ranger's agility.
*A dummy unit is created at position of (a) to cast the dummy Bouncing Shot ability to a random enemy unit (b) within 400 AoE (If no enemy units are found within the area, arrow will not bounce).
*When the arrow hits (b), it deals 1/2 of 2 x Ranger's agility.
*Another dummy unit is created at position of (b) to cast the dummy Bouncing Shot ability to a random enemy unit (c) within 400 AoE.
*When the arrow hits (c), it deals 1/4 of 2 x Ranger's agility.
*This process continues for up to 3 bounces to make it look like as if it's bouncing.

The Dummy Bouncing Shot ability is used for showing the projectile (the arrow)
1. I couldn't figure out how to use vJass to detect damage is taken by the attacked unit. So, please show me in vJass, how to detect damage is taken by the attacked unit.

2. Can the whole thing be made into just 1 trigger? If so, how to do it?

Help will be appreciated.

Level 4
I've made something similar to this using dummies who cast an acid bomb based spell as an arrow projectile.

Basically just create a number of dummy units on top of the target unit, the dummies then cast their arrow at adjacent targets, then repeat for targets hit.

Level 4
It can be done using a timer that waits an amount of time based on target distance/missile speed.

Obviously there may be some small inconsistencies with targets that are far away and moving away, but it allows to handle the situation relatively easily.

Level 3
Thanks Ameranth and Adiktuz. I think I've got the solution :). Thanks again...oh, and added rep;)

Status
Not open for further replies.