• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgradeble Bouncing Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here is a simple thing. I want to give a tower a bouncing ability called "bounce". But i want the tower to use bounce only after i research that ability. To do so i edited the weapon type to missle(bouncing), added maximim number of targets to 3, area of efect(full damage) to 400 and finaly gave the tower the moon glave ability renamed "bounce".
Here is the problem: the tower ALWAYS bounces, wherever i research the "bounce" ability or not. How can i make the tower bounce only after i research the ability?

Level 8
in the attack 2 of the tower you add those propterties then give him an orb effect that enable attack index to 2.

Yeah. The bounce ability that the Huntressess possess actually do nothing, and are just there to inform the player about its special attack type.

It can also be done using an upgrade (I think it's called "Moon Glaive").

Level 8
what do you mean?

For example, use the Orb of Fire ability, change everything to 0 (except for "enabled attack index, which you should set to 1. Then, on the tower, make attack 1 the normal attack, and 2 the bouncing attack. Give all towers your fresh Orb of Fire ability, but make it require a research.

Alternatively, you can use the same method that Huntresses do in normal WC3.

Level 4
I got that. Made 2 attacks, first is normal, second is bouncing. I tested them both using Combat - Attacks Enabled 1 Only then Combat - Attacks Enabled 2 Only and they work just fine. Now i made the Orb of Fire ability added it to towers , wrote Data - Enabled Attack Index 2. When i tested towers still did only attack 1 (turned Combat - Attacks Enables Both). What did i do wrong?

Level 4
There is no field for disabling attack index. The orb ability has only Data - Enabled Attack Index (which is set to 1) and a Data - Damage Bonus (which doesn't matter)

Level 10
Or you could make a tower that requires the reserch then add the bouncing tower to upgrade from that tower and do these steps to enable the bouncing tower to use a bounceing attack
Set the Area of Effect for Full Damage = area where bouncing attack can occur
Set AoE Targets = targets you want to be hit by the bouncing attack
Set Damage Loss Factor = The percent of damage lost with every bounce (.20 = 20% less damage on next bounce)
Set Maximum Number of Targets = maximum number of bounces
Make sure the weapon type is set to Missile (Bounce)

Here is a much more complicated way to do this with using abilities
A dummy spell based off of Channel. This is the ability you give to your unit/hero, and its only purpose is to start the trigger.
A custom version of whatever spell you want to be cast on the targets (You said that you want Banish). This custom spell should cost 0 mana.
A dummy unit that has your custom ability and no model file; giving it a model path of _ (an underscore) works well. You probably also want to give it no shadow image and the Invulnerable ability so that it can't be accidentally killed.

You then need this for a trigger:
Code:

Event A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition Ability being cast equal to YourDummySpell
Actions Pick every unit within 400 of (target point of ability being cast) matching (owner of matching unit is an enemy of owner of casting unit) and do Create 1 DummyCaster for owner of casting unit at position of picked unit Add a 1 second expiration timer to last created unit Order last created unit to cast Banish on picked unit.

Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.