• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time Management 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
A pre-planning thread for me to organize my thoughts, input is welcome. My last thread got nullified.

Part One written sometime in 2008.

Map Name: Time Management aka Spree (a sprinkle of Dinner Dash)
Name of Creator: SilverSong
Current Stage: Not ready for testing 3 of 101%
Summary of Premise:

Welcome to the Post-Apocalyptic World, the internet is dead, your house has somehow survived the Fallout of Nuclear Bombs falling all over the world. Overnight you've gone from Doomsday Prepper to Last Village Survivor. You have one day to unpack your truck in what will become your new home. Best find a nice place, perhaps shaded by some trees, or perhaps not.

I had ideas for an onion style map with one village in the center, and then I had ideas about spreading the villages out or creating one player house far from another player's house and then having accompanying fields and villages to buy and sell products more distant so it becomes an adventure just to get your goods to market, or to aquire a golden lamb for fleecing. You might get attacked by wild wolves, have your livestock slain, or some other difficulty. Zombies at night or maybe just ghost stories around a campfire in a burned out world. Just to give it some difficulty and not make it quite so dull after a while. It's a game, and you will need to survive and keep your shop intact.

Create your own products by researching recipes at the local library and finding materials. Sell them to the working populace, or the other survivors during the day. Each peasant walks in with a shopping list of what he or she wants to buy. Fill each shopping list, before your customers leave to earn gold. Advancing to the next round means fullfilling a gold requirement at each level. Further each round is timed, and you must earn a required minimum of gold in the time allotted to advance to your next round, otherwise you are required to repeat your previous round until you make your quota.

Prepare your goods and defend yourself each night.

Spend Lumber to build decorations, change or upgrade shelves and beautify your shop. Lumber can also be saved up and spent to buy more plots on the board to increase your income. First Tycoon to 50,000 gp wins the game.

Developing Features:
Shelving System
- Special Display Shelves with attachment points on them, hold your items for all to see!
- Shelves hold stacks of items for you to hand out to your customer before your level timer runs down.

Interior Shop Design
- Decorate your shop with any color, or colors you want! Many shelves, doodads and otherwise to choose from!
- Hidden bonuses for combining specific colors, following your localized shop's 'theme'.
- Special decorations will pacify, sooth, and calm your customers down.

Bazaar
- Solo-play support, need something nobody makes? Get refined goods from a Bazaar Associate
- Full-house support, goods nobody is capable of making is available at the Bazaar, but watch out, as techs are selected Bazaar Associates start looking elsewhere for work.
- Team Play, goods are available at the bazaar but want to stop the other team from aquiring them? Bribe your local Bazaar Associate to keep their goods in your hands. (1d100 rolls, each bribe is worth 1% of the 100, with a maximum allowed bribe of 90%.)

Property Tax
- Own 2 or more shop properties? Be careful or you could get slammed with increasingly heavy monopoly tax penalties.

Language Tech tool Support
- English?
- Deutch?
- Francais?
- Peruman?

Terraining, Modeling, Art
- Beautiful Layout, artistic genius
- Heavy Use of Custom Tiles
- Interface design
- Custom Icons
- Custom Skins
- Custom Models

AI Map
- Controlled Customer Spawn based on the # of players
- Controlled Bazaar Associates based on the # of players and selected tech groups
- Tips/Gratuities. If your prices seem too low to your customers they will give you a big tip. If they seem to high, no tip at all. Changes in price do not go into effect on tips immediately.
- Level Dependant Customer Aggressiveness. The higher your level, the angrier your customers will get!
- Want to play solo? Specify a computer player, or up to 7 of them for increased difficulty!

Product System
- Over 100 customized items to make the game experience realistic
- Over 200 custom-built recipes
- You control your prices. You may raise/lower the base prices at your shop to draw in more customers.

Tycoon Accolades
- Trustworthy - 1000 out of 1000 customers are willing to swear by your good service, friendly attitute and wonderful products.
- Versatile - 1000 out of 1000 customers will tell everyone that you have the most unique, reasonable, and tasteful product lines.
- Tycoon - 10,000 out of 10,000 customers swear you are the next World-Class CEO.

Win Conditions
- Achieve Tycoon
- Economic Victory determined by a single player who produces 75% more than all of the other players combined.

Cottage/Farm System
-Own your own cottage between town and forest
-Take seeds found in the forest or purchased at the bazaar and raise them into fruit producing crops and trees on your farmlands.
-Beekeeper can place bees on the edges of field and have hives produce honey.

Customer System
- Your customer enters your shop with shopping list in hand, it is up to you to fill that list and leave your customer leaving satisfied.
- Customer becomes unhappy or angered if you fail to please them.
- One angry Customer quickly becomes 8 angry customers
- Customer may leave and shoplift any items you gave them without paying.
- Customer may drop item on shop floor before leaving.
- Customer may shout a rejection, and turn all customers walking towards your shop away.
- Shopping list made from available products in shelves. No product no shopping list no money!
- Customer may destroy item on way out and drop a spill item.
- Spill item gives -1% gp bonus per spill.
- Customer may show up with a blank shopping list, give them something special.
- Customer dies on your shop property, creates small headstone which moves local units to different points on the map.

Educational
- Hundreds of Hours researching game-reality specific facts
- Adapted processes from the real thing
- Dozens of professions to choose from

Time Management
- Timed levels, chances to repeat levels, may choose when to start next level.
- Closely follows expectations of other games from the Time Management genre.
- Diversity from the Time Management Genre, don't manage one specific, manage them all.

Easter Eggs
- Name Changer
- Color Chat Changer
- Vertex Coloring - don't like the color of your shop? Change it!
- Tips Menu
- Gatherer Survival - Can your harvester gather enough basic materials to stock your farm each level before time runs out?
- Home-Industry Survival - Can your Home-based industry produce enough goods to supply your shop between levels with it's daily needs?
- Save/Load - Did you earn an accolade or make it to Tycoon? Save your accolade and load it up in the next game to enhance your play.

Quests
- Timed Tasks

Hero Abilities - Shopkeepers
Bidding War - Pull business away from everyone else and keep your customers around buying your products.
Resource War - Collect the most materials for yourself and keep them from thy sneaky neighbors!
Industrial Revolution - Can you produce products in the fastest time and generate a trade monopoly over everyone else?
War of the Lambs (halocaust war) - Think your neighbors could be winning? You could be right but there are ways to bring down the savvy, with plagues of locusts, sabotage units, poisons, and politics.
Religious/Political domination - If enough % of population followed your religion or was your politic then victory. (66%?).
Scientific: A space race kind of thing perhaps, first to space wins the game.
Infantry War: The classic good, fight it out
Duel: Leaders can duel each other for "reputation" and money.

Entreprenuership
Pick from an amazing amount of features to make the goods you want. Don't see an option you want to do? Just post a reply.

Miscellaneous Information or credits?:
Critiques:
Special thanks to Maedh & Zack1996 from Hiveworkshop.com for their critiques and comments during the early planning stages.

TroubleShooting Experts:
Special Thanks to Dr Super Good from the Hive Workshop for troubleshooting several Jass scripting errors.
Special Thanks to cavman from the Hive Workshop for teaching model imports, and making the cow model.
Special Thanks to Hakeem from Hive Workshop for helpful tips on Loading Screen.

See Post Attachment for Screen Shots weeks 1-3.

Spree is going to enter the battle.net world of warcraft 3 as the first playable solo, team, multi-player game of it's class. I want it to work and run like a well-oiled machine. The game will have many degrees of recipes, versatality and new things for players to discover or just play around with. The planned Color Range system that I am working on by myself is one those 'discovery, cool things' that I want to incorporate into the game. Spree is going to be one of those maps people will want to host, re-host and host again not only for those people wanting to see if they can become the next big thing, but also because of all the equivalent 'side-quests' and other play options that I am researching how to do.

Rules and Guidelines

* The creator will accept your criticism, but you've got an obligation not to abuse that privilege. Any negative comments must have a clear explanation, or they'll be looked upon as flaming and dealt with harshly. At the same time, explanations aren't required for positive comments, but they're strongly encouraged.
* All files should be either attached to a post or uploaded in the resource section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART TWO written 2/8/2017
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also want the game to be realistic, and educational -thereby based on facts and solid internet research- rather than creative writing. I am spending a lot of time doing research on just how things are made, manufactured, and done to accomplish a believable degree of entertainment and education. I spent a huge amount of personal time researching and playing with many of these irl!

That said, I would love some help.

At the moment I am keeping tech trees pretty basic, and just doing one or two products for each one.

But, I hope to go further than that after I make sure everything works, 1 step at a time.

Giving my game thread a 3rd week update, enjoy :)

Current available trees on start menu:
Artisan - Everyone starts here.
Explorer - Everyone starts here.
Farmer - Everyone starts here.
Hunter - Everyone starts here.
Forger - Everyone starts here.

Anyone can actually do any basic profession, and providing they have the materials can craft any building to build anything, similar to island troll tribes, you don't need a gatherer to build a tent. because some of this or that is needed to get going in your game. If someone would like to build me a nice village map or if they have one they want to donate to this project. It needs a forest on the outside of the village, and fields for growing stuff. Fields don't need to be huge, small would be ideal. I'm still thinking about all the maps I've played and trying to decide upon what I really want.

All of these options are available post-start.

Alchemist - done
Barber - finished
Beekeeper - finished
Brewer - finished
Canner - in dev
Carpenter - in dev
Candy Maker - in dev
Chandlier - candlemaker - finished
Chocolatier - finished
Clothier - in dev
Cook - in dev
Dairy Farmer - finished
Dyer - finished
Enchanter - in dev
Explorer - needs dev
Florist - finished
Forge - in dev
Furnishings - in dev
Gardener - finished
Gem Cutter - in dev
Glass Worker - in dev
Groomer - in dev
Herbalist - in dev
Hunter - in dev
Ice Creamer - finished
Ice Cutter - finished
Italian Ice -finished
Jeweler - finished
Leatherworker - in dev
Metalworker - in dev
Pickler - finished
Potter - in dev
Shepard - in dev
SoapMaker - in dev
Toy Candy Maker - in dev
Wildcrafter - in dev
Weaver - in dev

open -> more specific
Primary trees -> Secondary trees

Artistan ->

Alchemist -> Brewer
Alchemist -> Soap Maker
Alchemist -> Herbalist

Barber -> Hair Stylist
Barber -> Alchemist

Beekeeper -> Brewer
Beekeeper -> Candier
Beekeeper -> Soap Maker
Beekeeper -> Chandlier
Beekeeper -> Glass Worker
Beekeeper -> Cook

Brewer -> Master Brewer
Brewer ->

Canner -> Cook
Canner -> Alchemist
Canner -> Brewer

Candy Maker -> Toy Candies
Candy Maker -> Chocolatier
Candy Maker -> Candied Animals

Carpenter -> Toy Maker
Carpenter -> Furnishings

Chocolatier -> Artistan Chocolatier

Chandlier -> Soap Maker
Chandlier -> Artistan Candles
Chandlier -> Dyer

Charms -> Enchanter
Charms -> Chandlier

Clothier -> Artistan Clothes
Clothier -> Bags
Clothier -> Jeweler

Cook -> Alchemist
Cook -> Gardener
Cook -> Brewer
Cook -> Florist

Dairy Farmer -> Milk Enthusiast
Dairy Farmer -> Cheese Maker
Dairy Farmer -> Ice Creamier

Dyer -> Explorer
Dyer ->
Dyer -> Artistan Candles (requires Chandlier)

Explorer -> Chocolatier
Explorer -> Mineral Miner
Explorer -> Wildcrafter

Farmer -> Gardener
Farmer -> Florist
Farmer -> Beekeeper
Farmer -> Tanner
Farmer -> Dairy Farmer

Florist -> Herbalist
Florist -> Beekeeper
Florist -> Candy Maker
Florist -> Gardener
Florist -> Dyer

Forge -> Jeweler
Forge -> Recycler
Forge -> Glass Worker

Gardener -> Dairy Farmer
Gardener -> Pickler
Gardener -> Herbalist
Gardener -> Beekeeper
Gardener -> Brewer
Gardener -> Canner
Gardener -> Goat Farmer

Hunter -> Tannery
Hunter -> Meat Jerky
Hunter -> Bone Jewelry

Jeweler -> Silver Smith
Jeweler -> Gold Smith
Jeweler -> Charms

Jeweler -> Metalworker
Jeweler -> Gem Cutter

Pottery -> Ceramic Artist

IceCutter -> Italian Ice
IceCutter -> Ice Creamer

Weaver -> Dyer
Weaver -> Clothier

---------------------------
Rank 10 unlocks

Barber
Pet Groomer
Tattoo Artist
Toy Candier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Three
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to everything part of this project.

Current Time Management Request List

Please if you are going to work on one, leave a posting in the related thread that you are doing so that nobody repeats work. I have been unsatisfied with a few 'filled' requests and am requesting them again.

Coding Development
---------
Enlarged Avatar/Icon in Dialog box pop-up
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83191
New Specialized Recipe System
SilverSong is working on this and needs a mentor
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83393

Icon/Graphics Development
-----------------------
Icon requests
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67419
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=677377#post677377
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67284

Animated BLP Tutorial Request
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83924
Textures Request
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83651

Tile Request: Wood Planking
SilverSong is working on this.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67427

Texture Reskin Please please? cow has big red brand
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67281

Idea Development
---------------------
Housing

Select the house you want from a tavern. Current options include Egg, Seashell, Broken Towers, Castle. (more options planned later) The house type you select spawns onto your home region, complete with furniture, firepit, freezer, multi-levels, elevator, and walls.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83130
Housing Fade System
Using a large model and then simply fade it with the alpha channel and geosets when your character enters the house. Then the inside becomes visible and contains all the goodies of a good house. The region is set so that only the player color may enter that region.
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=826941#post826941

Tech Trees
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=666279

GANNT Chart
May 1 - May 30th
Rough out ideas and vague thoughts into a cohesive and solid plan
Am I missing anything?

May 15th - June 10th -oops extended 1 week
Create a plank wood tile set worthy of an A++ nomination
Project difficulty: Fade in/Fade out brush not available in Gimp?

May 23rd - June 23rd -completed early
Get the colors section done for new recipe system

May 27th - June 17th (sketching)
Start sketching for interface design

June 2nd (still looking)
Review plans for game and try to find any holes in it.

June 4th -oops didn't work on it.
Follow plan and increase map size again, start on the ground for forest sprawl.

June 12th-14th
Color System Arrays

Time Management Game Credits Will display at game end as a Multiboard.

Critiques
----------
Maedh from Hiveworkshop.com
Zack1996 from Hiveworkshop.com

Encouragement
-----------------
emperor_d3st from Hiveworkshop.com

JASS Spell Wizards
-------------------
Spiwn who wrote and fully customized the spell "Lure" from Hiveworkshop.com

Loading Screen Advisors
-------------------------
Hakeem from Hiveworkshop.com
ike ike from Hiveworkshop.com

Models
--------
cavman for his Cow from Hiveworkshop.com
!!GORO!! for Bag1 & Bag2 from Hiveworkshop.com

Systems
----------
Farming System 1.0 by Hawk900 from Hiveworkshop.com
Recipe System 1.22 by Shadow122 & Fredrick from epicwar.com

Trouble Shooting Experts
-------------------------
Dr Super Good from the Hive Workshop
Purplepoot from the Hive Workshop

Game Concept & Creation
--------------------------
SilverSong

small or minor help or assistance. Hiveworkshop +1 rep
Complete major portion of project ie. a model +1 rep + game credit on ending multiboard
Complete 5 or more major projects start to finish +2 rep per completed project + in game trigger as contributer
Complete 10 or more major projects start to finish +2 rep per completed project + loading screen rep as contributer

Special thanks to those who have helped me so far. I hate to make requests and show so little progress, but I am a perfectionist and I have chosen the hardest projects for myself. I would say my greatest flaw is getting angry after I put 8+ hours of work into my map without saving only to have my antivirus pop up to tell me something and crash the whole computer.

My post was nuked by firefox 64 bit which crashed! :sobs:
Bob

Farm System Concept
Trees: Orange, Lime, Lemon, Peach, Orange, Cacao, Keylime, Apple, Pear, Coconut

Beekeeper: Has beehives and sets them up in fields to polinate plants. Causes fruit bearing plants to produce fruit. Causes regular 'flowers' to go to seed and produce x5 as many seeds as there were original plants. Hive fills up with honey, when field is empty of flowers, bees retreat to hive and await the beekeeper to take honey.

Gardener & Farmer & Herbalist & Florist
--------
Plants flowers in field, has special soil enrichment abilities, and a watering can.

Flowers:

Safflower plant, Rose & Lavender plant, Daylily plant, Virginia Bloom plant, Cannabis plant, Cocoa Beans & others decoratives.

Gardener
----------
Plants green growing things in field, has special soil enrichment abilities, and a watering can.

Herbalist
-----------
Another planter type, focuses on medicinal plants.

Brewer
----------
Another planter type, focuses on berries, barleys and wheat.

Dairy Farmer
------------
Grows food for calf/cow, when calf/cow is ready it produces milk which is pasturized and processed into milk, cream, butter, or cheese.

Shepard
-----------
Grows sheep & geese, must guard them from wolves that will try to kill lambs in the field.

When a lamb is fully grown after a season it must be shorn for wool. Wool is carded, spun into yarn which can be sold to either Dyer or Weaver.

Geese make little white eggs that can be used for cooking, or dyed pretty colors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part FOUR 2017
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landscape

I had ideas for an onion style map with one village in the center, and then I had ideas about spreading the villages out or creating one player house far from another player's house and then having accompanying fields and villages to buy and sell products more distant so it becomes an adventure just to get your goods to market, or to aquire a golden lamb for fleecing. You might get attacked by wild wolves, have your livestock slain, or some other difficulty. Zombies at night or something. Just to give it some difficulty and not make it quite so dull after a while. It's a game, and you will need to survive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.