• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Map Name: Time Management aka Spree
Name of Creator: SilverSong
Current Stage: Not ready for testing 2 of 101%
Summary of Map gameplay/objectives:
Create your own products by researching recipes and finding materials. Sell them to the working populace. Each peasant walks in with a shopping list of what he or she wants to buy. Fill each shopping list, before your customers leave to earn gold. Advancing to the next round means fullfilling a gold requirement at each level. Further each round is timed, and you must earn a required minimum of gold in the time allotted to advance to your next round, otherwise you are required to repeat your previous round until you make your quota.

Spend Lumber to build decorations, change or upgrade shelves and beautify your shop. Lumber can also be saved up and spent to buy more plots on the board to increase your income. First Tycoon to 50,000 gp wins the game.

Developing Features:
Shelving System
- Special Display Shelves with attachment points on them, hold your items for all to see!
- Shelves hold stacks of items for you to hand out to your customer before your level timer runs down.

Interior Shop Design
- Decorate your shop with any color, or colors you want! Many shelves, doodads and otherwise to choose from!
- Hidden bonuses for combining specific colors, following your localized shop's 'theme'.
- Special decorations will pacify, sooth, and calm your customers down.

Bazaar
- Solo-play support, need something nobody makes? Get refined goods from a Bazaar Associate
- Full-house support, goods nobody is capable of making is available at the Bazaar, but watch out, as techs are selected Bazaar Associates start looking elsewhere for work.
- Team Play, goods are available at the bazaar but want to stop the other team from aquiring them? Bribe your local Bazaar Associate to keep their goods in your hands. (1d100 rolls, each bribe is worth 1% of the 100, with a maximum allowed bribe of 90%.)

Property Tax
- Own 2 or more shop properties? Be careful or you could get slammed with increasingly heavy monopoly tax penalties.

Language Tech tool Support
- English?
- Deutch?
- Francais?
- Peruman?

Terraining, Modeling, Art
- Beautiful Layout, artistic genius
- Heavy Use of Custom Tiles
- Interface design
- Custom Icons
- Custom Skins
- Custom Models

AI Map
- Controlled Customer Spawn based on the # of players
- Controlled Bazaar Associates based on the # of players and selected tech groups
- Tips/Gratuities. If your prices seem too low to your customers they will give you a big tip. If they seem to high, no tip at all. Changes in price do not go into effect on tips immediately.
- Level Dependant Customer Aggressiveness. The higher your level, the angrier your customers will get!
- Want to play solo? Specify a computer player, or up to 7 of them for increased difficulty!

Product System
- Over 100 customized items to make the game experience realistic
- Over 200 custom-built recipes
- You control your prices. You may raise/lower the base prices at your shop to draw in more customers.

Tycoon Accolades
- Trustworthy - 1000 out of 1000 customers are willing to swear by your good service, friendly attitute and wonderful products.
- Versatile - 1000 out of 1000 customers will tell everyone that you have the most unique, reasonable, and tasteful product lines.
- Tycoon - 10,000 out of 10,000 customers swear you are the next World-Class CEO.

Win Conditions
- Achieve Tycoon
- Economic Victory determined by a single player who produces 75% more than all of the other players combined.

Cottage/Farm System
-Own your own cottage between town and forest
-Take seeds found in the forest or purchased at the bazaar and raise them into fruit producing crops and trees on your farmlands.
-Beekeeper can place bees on the edges of field and have hives produce honey.

Customer System
- Your customer enters your shop with shopping list in hand, it is up to you to fill that list and leave your customer leaving satisfied.
- Customer becomes unhappy or angered if you fail to please them.
- One angry Customer quickly becomes 8 angry customers
- Customer may leave and shoplift any items you gave them without paying.
- Customer may drop item on shop floor before leaving.
- Customer may shout a rejection, and turn all customers walking towards your shop away.
- Shopping list made from available products in shelves. No product no shopping list no money!
- Customer may destroy item on way out and drop a spill item.
- Spill item gives -1% gp bonus per spill.
- Customer may show up with a blank shopping list, give them something special.
- Customer dies on your shop property, creates small headstone which moves local units to different points on the map.

Educational
- Hundreds of Hours researching game-reality specific facts
- Adapted processes from the real thing
- Dozens of professions to choose from

Time Management
- Timed levels, chances to repeat levels, may choose when to start next level.
- Closely follows expectations of other games from the Time Management genre.
- Diversity from the Time Management Genre, don't manage one specific, manage them all.

Easter Eggs
- Name Changer
- Color Chat Changer
- Vertex Coloring - don't like the color of your shop? Change it!
- Tips Menu
- Gatherer Survival - Can your harvester gather enough basic materials to stock your farm each level before time runs out?
- Home-Industry Survival - Can your Home-based industry produce enough goods to supply your shop between levels with it's daily needs?
- Save/Load - Did you earn an accolade or make it to Tycoon? Save your accolade and load it up in the next game to enhance your play.

Quests
- Timed Tasks

Hero Abilities - Shopkeepers
Bidding War - Pull business away from everyone else and keep your customers around buying your products.
Resource War - Collect the most materials for yourself and keep them from thy sneaky neighbors!
Industrial Revolution - Can you produce products in the fastest time and generate a trade monopoly over everyone else?
War of the Lambs (halocaust war) - Think your neighbors could be winning? You could be right but there are ways to bring down the savvy, with plagues of locusts, sabotage units, poisons, and politics.
Religious/Political domination - If enough % of population followed your religion or was your politic then victory. (66%?).
Scientific: A space race kind of thing perhaps, first to space wins the game.
Infantry War: The classic good, fight it out
Duel: Leaders can duel each other for "reputation" and money.

Entreprenuership
Pick from an amazing amount of features to make the goods you want. Don't see an option you want to do? Email me: [email protected]

Miscellaneous Information or credits?:
Critiques:
Special thanks to Maedh & Zack1996 from Hiveworkshop.com for their critiques and comments during the early planning stages.

TroubleShooting Experts:
Special Thanks to Dr Super Good from the Hive Workshop for troubleshooting several Jass scripting errors.
Special Thanks to cavman from the Hive Workshop for teaching model imports, and making the cow model.
Special Thanks to Hakeem from Hive Workshop for helpful tips on Loading Screen.

See Post Attachment for Screen Shots weeks 1-3.

Spree is going to enter the battle.net world of warcraft 3 as the first playable solo, team, multi-player game of it's class. I want it to work and run like a well-oiled machine. The game will have many degrees of recipes, versatality and new things for players to discover or just play around with. The planned Color Range system that I am working on by myself is one those 'discovery, cool things' that I want to incorporate into the game. Spree is going to be one of those maps people will want to host, re-host and host again not only for those people wanting to see if they can become the next big thing, but also because of all the equivalent 'side-quests' and other play options that I am researching how to do.

Rules and Guidelines

* The creator will accept your criticism, but you've got an obligation not to abuse that privilege. Any negative comments must have a clear explanation, or they'll be looked upon as flaming and dealt with harshly. At the same time, explanations aren't required for positive comments, but they're strongly encouraged.
* All files should be either attached to a post or uploaded in the resource section.

Attachments

• TimeManagementalphapic2.jpg
    TimeManagementalphapic2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 263
  • TimeManagement.jpg
    TimeManagement.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 244
  • TimeMag.jpg
    TimeMag.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Level 9
Dinner Dash, yes I played that... no not really. I played all the 'time management games' that were available from Big Fish Games as demo downloads. (all 120 different versions) Each one really just focused on one topic or another and was restricted to solo play, alone. I wanted to make something that people can get together online and really just say, Hey today I'm going to be a florist, if you can support me and make populated bee hives, I'll let you stay on my property and we'll get rich together. Then perhaps another guy can choose to be making chocolate and needs honey from the beekeeper... and round robin it goes.

I also want the game to be realistic, and educational -thereby based on facts and solid internet research- rather than creative writing. I am spending a lot of time doing research on just how things are made, manufactured, and done to accomplish a believable degree of entertainment and education.

That said, I would love some help.

At the moment I am keeping tech trees pretty basic, and just doing one or two products for each one.

But, I hope to go further than that after I make sure everything works, 1 step at a time.

Giving my game thread a 2nd week update, enjoy :)

Current available trees:
Artisan - in development
Alchemist - needs development
Barber - in dev
Beekeeper - finished
Brewer - finished
Caner - in dev
Candy Maker - in dev
Chandlier - candlemaker - finished
Chocolatier - finished
Clothier - in dev
Cook - in dev
Dairy Farmer - finished
Dyer - finished
Enchanter - in dev
Explorer - needs dev
Florist - finished
Gardener - finished
Gem Cutter - in dev
Glass Smith - in dev
Groomer - in dev
Herbalist - in dev
Ice Creamer - finished
Ice Cutter - finished
Italian Ice -finished
Jeweler - finished
Metalworker
Pickler - finished
Potter - in dev
Toy Candy Maker - in dev
Weaver - in dev

open -> more specific
Primary trees -> Secondary trees

Alchemist -> Brewer

Beekeeper -> Chandlier
Beekeeper -> Glass Worker

Cook ->

Florist -> Herbalist
Florist -> Beekeeper

Gardener -> Dairy Farmer
Gardener -> Pickler

Explorer -> Chocolatier
Explorer -> Mineral Miner

Weaver -> Dyer
Weaver -> Clothier

Jeweler -> Metalworker
Jeweler -> Gem Cutter

Pottery -> Ceramic Artist

IceCutter -> Italian Ice
IceCutter -> Ice Creamer

---------------------------
Rank 10 unlocks

Barber
Pet Groomer
Tattoo Artist
Toy Candier

Last edited:
Level 5
The idea is definatly unique, and im sure that if this map gets made it will be a success. But, the terrain is...well... horrible. Its flat, got zero doodads, and is... very square. Im not sure if u have even done anything to it. Just a tip for terrain, normally ashenvale is the best tile set, and dont use the raise cliff/clower cliff buttons, they make maps look ugly and unnatural.

Level 9
hmm

well the idea was, a map based on an onion, or an arrow target. But at the moment it is a bit square.

The Outer Ring of this area are the fields and forest surrounding the village. The fields and forest drop many wonderous and raw materials which need to be used by the shopkeeper to start the business.

The next Ring of this area, is the work space of each shopkeeper. I am planning for 8 shopkeepers. Each space includes a plow field, and plenty of spare room. This allows for the building of factories, mills and other manufacturing devices needed to refine raw and refined materials into finished products.

Inside that ring we have the shops themselves which is where shelves can be built and products stored.

Next we have another inner ring area I wanted peasants to mill around, walk back and forth and sometimes enter a shop and buy something. Kinda like a little town.

I wanted most of the shop plots to be equal, except for the corner ones which are twice as large, but also will tax at x3 as much. This way each player would have equal opportunity to build and add to each area, and it would all be fair.

I also wanted a shipping lane ring to allow boats to mill back and forth and also buy things... like in Venice, Italy.

But I didn't want to worry about pathing over bridges, which I thought might be too difficult to do.

Lastly (dead center) I wanted a place where shop keepers could buy/sell goods to other shopkeepers and also buy things from npc shopkeepers like tools, and large quantities of raw materials.

Yes it's ugly, Map is in alpha stage and is not meant to be hosted. I didn't want to add any doodads early because I might want to remove or change them later, and then I'd be stuck with extra doodads on my map.

I also wanted to give shopkeepers the versatality of self-decorating their shops, deciding on color, placement of shelves, tables, flower arrangements, etc.

Last edited:
Level 9
LOL no, it's still in alpha and I haven't updated the map version here since I started it.

Need help with assembling tech trees if you want to help out.

Map has joyfully reached 1 of 101% complete. Marti Gras time!

Current Time Management Request List

Please if you are going to work on one, leave a posting in the related thread that you are doing so that nobody repeats work. I have been unsatisfied with a few 'filled' requests and am requesting them again.

Coding Development
---------
Enlarged Avatar/Icon in Dialog box pop-up
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83191
New Specialized Recipe System
SilverSong is working on this and needs a mentor
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83393

Icon/Graphics Development
-----------------------
Icon requests
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67419
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=677377#post677377
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67284

Animated BLP Tutorial Request
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83924
Textures Request
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83651

Tile Request: Wood Planking
SilverSong is working on this.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67427

Texture Reskin Please please? cow has big red brand
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67281

Idea Development
---------------------
Housing

Select the house you want from a tavern. Current options include Egg, Seashell, Broken Towers, Castle. (more options planned later) The house type you select spawns onto your home region, complete with furniture, firepit, freezer, multi-levels, elevator, and walls.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83130
Housing Fade System
Using a large model and then simply fade it with the alpha channel and geosets when your character enters the house. Then the inside becomes visible and contains all the goodies of a good house. The region is set so that only the player color may enter that region.
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=826941#post826941

Tech Trees
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=666279

GANNT Chart
May 1 - May 30th
Rough out ideas and vague thoughts into a cohesive and solid plan
Am I missing anything?

May 15th - June 10th -oops extended 1 week
Create a plank wood tile set worthy of an A++ nomination
Project difficulty: Fade in/Fade out brush not available in Gimp?

May 23rd - June 23rd -completed early
Get the colors section done for new recipe system

May 27th - June 17th (sketching)
Start sketching for interface design

June 2nd (still looking)
Review plans for game and try to find any holes in it.

June 4th -oops didn't work on it.
Follow plan and increase map size again, start on the ground for forest sprawl.

June 12th-14th
Color System Arrays

Time Management Game Credits Will display at game end as a Multiboard.

Critiques
----------
Maedh from Hiveworkshop.com
Zack1996 from Hiveworkshop.com

Encouragement
-----------------
emperor_d3st from Hiveworkshop.com

JASS Spell Wizards
-------------------
Spiwn who wrote and fully customized the spell "Lure" from Hiveworkshop.com

Loading Screen Advisors
-------------------------
Hakeem from Hiveworkshop.com
ike ike from Hiveworkshop.com

Models
--------
cavman for his Cow from Hiveworkshop.com
!!GORO!! for Bag1 & Bag2 from Hiveworkshop.com

Systems
----------
Farming System 1.0 by Hawk900 from Hiveworkshop.com
Recipe System 1.22 by Shadow122 & Fredrick from epicwar.com

Trouble Shooting Experts
-------------------------
Dr Super Good from the Hive Workshop
Purplepoot from the Hive Workshop

Game Concept & Creation
--------------------------
SilverSong

small or minor help or assistance. Hiveworkshop +1 rep
Complete major portion of project ie. a model +1 rep + game credit on ending multiboard
Complete 5 or more major projects start to finish +2 rep per completed project + in game trigger as contributer
Complete 10 or more major projects start to finish +2 rep per completed project + loading screen rep as contributer

Special thanks to those who have helped me so far. I hate to make requests and show so little progress, but I am a perfectionist and I have chosen the hardest projects for myself. I would say my greatest flaw is getting angry after I put 8+ hours of work into my map without saving only to have my antivirus pop up to tell me something and crash the whole computer.

My post was nuked by firefox 64 bit which crashed! :sobs:

Farm System Concept
Trees: Orange, Lime, Lemon, Peach, Orange, Cacao, Keylime, Apple, Pear, Coconut

Beekeeper: Has beehives and sets them up in fields to polinate plants. Causes fruit bearing plants to produce fruit. Causes regular 'flowers' to go to seed and produce x5 as many seeds as there were original plants. Hive fills up with honey, when field is empty of flowers, bees retreat to hive and await the beekeeper to take honey.

Florist
--------
Plants flowers in field, has special soil enrichment abilities, and a watering can.

Flowers:

Safflower plant, Rose & Lavender plant, Daylily plant, Virginia Bloom plant, Cannabis plant, Cocoa Beans & others decoratives.

Gardener
----------
Plants green growing things in field, has special soil enrichment abilities, and a watering can.

Herbalist
-----------
Another planter type, focuses on medicinal plants.

Brewer
----------
Another planter type, focuses on berries, barleys and wheat.

Dairy Farmer
------------
Grows food for calf/cow, when calf/cow is ready it produces milk which is pasturized and processed into milk, cream, butter, or cheese.

Shepard
-----------
Grows sheep & geese, must guard them from wolves that will try to kill lambs in the field.

When a lamb is fully grown after a season it must be shorn for wool. Wool is carded, spun into yarn which can be sold to either Dyer or Weaver.

Last edited:
Level 24
Farming System 1.0 by Hawk500 from Hiveworkshop.com

Ah, in your post you say hawk500. hawk900 would be what you're looking for.

Ah, well.

I can help with other stuff as well. Just contact me or post on this thread. I am very interested in this project.

How do you give rep by the way. Or is there some special power that you have as a project person? Or are you getting a site admin to do it?

Just curious. Don't really care.

I'm in.

If you want a further farming system send me the specs.

Farm System Concept
Trees: Orange, Lime, Lemon, Peach, Orange, Cacao, Keylime, Apple, Pear, Coconut

Can do this if you want. Just a few more details.

Level 9
Giving Rep.

I talked to Ralle about this and got it from the horses mouth. You need 25 rep to actually give a point of rep to someone. However, you can always give rep to someone, but it will not actually count for them until you gain that 25 rep for yourself.

So... the day I get 25 rep, all of the rep I have handed out will suddenly count for people. (at least as I understand it, unless I misunderstood.)

Level 9
So here's my baby, remember she's not playable.

I started to make a field for player red, just to the right of his red circle townhouse but I don't like it.

Also remember, I need to fit a region for a house with a 2nd story on there, and I might be adding more players later, so don't use the whole area. ;o)

Last edited:
Level 14
This is funny.. i hope your map does well... my girlfriend plays those games >.>
I'll play it when it's finished.

and it's 10 rep that you can start giving actual rep, albeit only 1.

Level 24
Hmm, I have an Idea for gameplay.

The player should be able to aquire and Education in amany differnt topics. An education can either increase or decrease his charisma. For example: If the player has an high level educatin in math and he is talking to some one who also has a math education then the person will treat him with respect. The opposite is also true, if a player with no math skills talks to the same person he will be treated poorly.

Each will also have additionl benefeits:

Math - If a player has high level math skills (or even average ones) then he isless likely to be cheated by merchants and th like

Language - Depending on the branch of language that the player follows it can help him in different ways. If he is skilled in foreign languege then he will be able to communicate more clearly with foriegn peoples. He will ba able to write letters to other players and so on. . .

These are just a few ideas on the topic of education

Another idea is about how players interact with each other. For example I think chat messages should be disabled and text would appear over the players head. This would make it so that players had to be close by to communicate. Also this would allow for "eaves droppping" from other players. Another way that players could communicate is through letters. A player would have to have some language education to communicate this way. Also people could communicate through hired messengers of "flunkies".

Level 24
Hmm, not necassarily stock brockers. But if you have an degree in math you will get more respect from other mathemiticians. It is almost ceratin.

About the rep. . . I for one am giving silversong reo almost every day so that he can give out rep of his own (lol). I have a suggestion. Silversong makes a sheet of who needs how much rep and post's it. People then give rep to those people and said amount is removed from the list. To make this work and so people don't get over repped then you should contact Silversong before giving project required rep. To give rep one must have 10rep. If you give rep when you have 9 then get ten rep rep value is still 0.

What do you think of the "communication"

Level 9
Hmm so to let you all know what I've been doing :)

I learned how to gild and how to do gothic lettering. I have been charged with the task of finding another person and teaching them how to gild!

It was lots of fun, also picked two new teachers. But that is my other hobby.

Going to put together a schedule for my new hobby & Time Management to get some form of balance back into my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.