• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War in Lurga Laszda Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This map has been my pet project for years. I will attempt to make this topic a sort of centre of development because I guess I need a place like that for it.

Basic description:

-An AOS/RPG hybrid map where the goal is to crush the opposing team's main building. How this is achieved is somewhat more free than the typical AOS map.

-76 Custom Heroes .38 for each side or go all out with the "-share" command.

-9 shops worth of custom items and equipments. Basic items are upgradeable or combinable to create better, more powerful items. Secret shops discoverable only in game which sells unique items which can unlock other unique items.

-Defeat "Boss" characters to obtain unique items and unlock upgrades.

-Various Game Modes. "More Tower" mode, "Easy" mode, "Death Match", etc.

-Mini "quests" in which a player can gain gold, items and experience without following the "main" battles.

-Hire units and specialize in other aspects of the war, such as army building or base defense.

-Artificial Intelligence for single players or try outs. Practice playing against computer players with complex strategies. Or just battle 5 on 5 with a few human players and AI who will follow your "suggestions" (commands).

War in LL started as an AOS map but gradually became a massively customised and scripted map. I used a lot of models, icons and scripts by other people, but a great percentage of the custom material in the map was made by myself. That includes icons, models, and even the opening image.

I am aiming at creating a map in which players can go into the battle and just fight or go around the map and level up or participate in a different way, giving it something of a free-roam feel to it.

So enjoy, and please leave your input/critic/suggestion/etc.

98634d1298849899-war-lurga-laszda-development-thread-war-ll-screenshots.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• War in LL Screenshots.jpg
    War in LL Screenshots.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 4,058
  • War in LL 3.0beta8.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 120
  • Item Models.jpg
    Item Models.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 3,970
Last edited:
Level 2
Hey this is maybe a stupid question but why dont you create a social group for development,beta test,help and stuff?I think there are many people wanting to help you becouse WiLL is a great map.

Level 8
I honestly don't know how to answer that. Maybe the answer is that I'm more preoccupied with adding and polishing and improving this that I never actually try to "sell" it ha ha ha...

I'm randomly thrusting this map to forums and sites (as well as private battlenets) and gained a small following but I hardly think it's enough. Plus the input I get from these people (including you) is somewhat minimum and that makes bug squelching rather difficult.

But really if you are interested in helping out please feel free to say so I will update you with whatever updates I have as frequent as I can and I'll obviously credit you etc etc.

Level 17
You should put your screenshots in the HIDDEN BB code.
If you don't know what it is, copy this.
HTML:
[HIDDEN="TITLE"]TEXT[/HIDDEN]
It will come out like this.
TEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.