1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Hammer of Tempus

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Zeikko, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    THoT is a normal AoS style map with some new ideas and improvements. The map has unique character generation system which includes 4 races and 6 classes, by mixing them u get 24 different unique heroes with unique skills.

Fighting sides are Narfell and Hordelands, both sides have inhabitants of all the 4 races: Humans, Orcs, Sun Elves and Moon Elves.

You can mix items in the same way as in DotA. Mix ingredients can be found in stones in each base. There are 51 mix items and almost 100 items total.

The map has lots of useful gameplay features, like constant income which balances the game if there are quiters, -random -allrandom -randomrace -allrandomrace -randomclass and -allrandomclass commands.

If you like DotA and other AoSs I recommend this map for you, the file size is quite big because of custom icons, but it's still easy to host in bnet.

Good luck on your journey, and let the enemies fall to the wrath of Tempus!

You can download THoT from here or here

2. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    well if its like dota.. no thx. :lol:

3. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm, is my map so perfect that there's nothing you want to be changed? Or does it suck so hard you don't even bother to give any feedback?

C'mon people, if you test the map, please give me a feedback, otherwise it's very hard for me to make my map better.

4. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm, well since you put it that way ill test it out and tell you what i think about it. i dont take much to please me. the thing i dont like about dota is listed on this site in the reply to the dota's map. the thing is tottaly rigged and is impossible to play. i apolagize for my attitude. its just part of my hobby to go all out on dota maps since theire just down right rigged and unbelieveably dum.

5. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you try to say that i'm making a mistake when i'm asking for feedback? If so, it may be true, since it may not be pleasing for you to give a feedback. But if you like THoT i am sure you want to help making it better.

And did you say that you've listed the things you don't like about DotA in somewhere, i tried to search but didn't find. And even when my map resembles DotA i think the things you don't like aren't the same, until they are very general.

Sorry? What do you mean? Actually i think you do have just serious predictions.

6. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    well the post about dota is listen here.. and it seems we have a touch guy map maker with that one.. and he loves his rigged map.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=1324

check it out.

anywayz it dont take much inna aos map to please me its just simple things. like in that dota map it took forever to getta dime with the demon hunter. why? becouse the scourge have cheesy wizards with lightening attacks that do some major damagae on a demon hunter/anti wizard. these are attacks not spells!! so every hit is a blast of "OMG!!! ITS RIGGED!!!" becouse it takes like all your health. and when that warden pops up outta nowhere ud better pray that she dont hit you with her poison becouse ull die before u even get back to the healing shop.

also everytime you die you lose some major cash and the items for healing are kinda high when u cant even getta dime with a hero that is so freakin weak.

and no its not wrong to ask for feed back. everyone that trys to make a map and a good one deserves a good feedback.

really i must say this.. not many aos maps totally turn me off like dota maps. its just when i hear somewhere comparing a map to dota.... i would dig a hole and burry my self before i would try to listen to that bull.

its 10 am over here so imm test ur map out. o by the way a guy made a map called monk arena in here and he had alotta problems with that map.. but it was so good i gave him a 5, why? becouse it was fun. it just had a few problems. if they get fixed itll be alot funner.

check it out at: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=1317&sid=a39e0262ff65b66452ba37f25b55e67d

thats some of the things that make poeple wanna play the map over and over. its kinda hard for me to host a map i have no chance at on bnet.

ill probably play your map and it be really cool. and i appreciate your attitude in your response to what i said. what i said was rude but when i see someone respond inna nice attitude such as yours, it shows that you are concerned in makeing your map better no matter how rude poeple are.

thats a true map maker, BABY!!! all the way!!

-GenoXV 8)

7. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I bursted into a laughter when i read this, it's not about your text. I just thought those things in THoT everything is even worse from your view. Heroes are weaker at start, cheap items kinda suck too. And the best of all, the hero with demon hunter model in THoT is a way different than original demon hunter. And you need some knowledge about the items and such to make it a real killing machine. Moon Elf Fanatic (which has demon hunter model) is very weak at start, because of his stats, but will get very strong in the post game, because of his skills. But i think you don't like the hero at all.

And about DotA that anti-mage is one of the best heroes, but it's really difficult to play.

When i read your opinions about DotA i thought you haven't played it very much, because many beginners say same things (beginners in DotA). But i don't know, I may be wrong.

I read your thoughts about tomes and such and I totally disagree. Tomes destroy it all, the heroes lose their individuality, and imo tomes are boring all the way.

I checked your feedback about monks map, but didn't see anything interesting. I really appreciate if you're going to test my map and give some feedback.

You're not the first one who says that THoT sucks, people say that it sucks and then tell the reasons, and reasons are the thing i like about THoT. So I've learnt not to get hurt when someone says my map sucks. It's all about what ppl like, sadly people say "it sucks" instead of "I didn't like" or something.

There was lots of off topic too but anyways, i am refreshing this site maybe 100 times a day just to see if there's any feedback. C'mon people it's not that hard to just write few sentences what came in your mind after playing THoT!

8. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    omg... dude... i didnt say it suked!! i didnt say it suked yet!! havenet even got the chance to test it out fully!! what i said was that dota suks!! and the reasons are listed in the link i gave you!! READ CAREFULLY!!

and i tested your map not fully but just a tad and I will finish the test more later. the base setup is good but you need a way good selection of heros. that makes maps boring to have a map with a selection of 6 heros. and they need to be easly choosen.

the download is kinda slow and its hard to test the map with a slow dl.

and also i thought was better than dota the items or some are actually cheapier than dotas items. even the tough guy gloves of haiste!!

but about the tomes.. from what ive heard alotta poeple say that combining items is kinda dum. this ant dbz or power rangers where u have to scream turtle power and put ur hands together and you have a tough guy wepaon!!! view that again. it sounds gay and when the poeple play combining weapons most people feal what you just saw, the gayness of gay. why is it so gay? becouse u need like 10k to getta not so good item (im useing that as a way off seeing what im trying to say the items are expensive and the money u get from the creep.. ant enough to getta soda pop from wal-mart!!)

wanna make it better? add more income becouse no hero is going to bust his butt going out knowing hes going to die for 2 buks an hour!!

9. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I didn't misread your things about DotA, but those opinions u had about DotA apply in THoT too, and from your view they are even worse in my map.

6 heroes? what map are you talking about now? THoT has 24 heroes.

Yeah, download is quite slow because the map is 1.2mb it's so big because of 2 custom models i needed and so many custom icons needed for various items.

About items, i agree that you have to wait for items, not just buy everything you can all the time and sell the worst items. When you buy items you have to think carefully what items will you buy, which are good for your hero and what kinda nice strategies u can make with your hero and items. So you need lots of knowledge about the items when playing with them. No item costs more than 5k and most items are 1-2k So your 10k things are a bit overreacting. If people see this kinda item system as a gay, or gayness, or sumtin similar you mentioned this map is not for them. The idea of items in my map, is that you think wisely and have knowledge about items. In example if you play Moon Elf Fanatic; he has blind attack which deals vleacing damage, evasion, blink and Moon Lunacy, which gives attack speed and movement speed for certain duration. Moon Elf Fanatic is the real creep killer, cleave, dodge and blink when you're overhelmed. So a good item for you would be Cloak of Fire. Then you can own more creeps and faster, you can also stand against heroes, but maybe u could buy Fire Cleaver in example to get a good defence against heroes.

That's the item system i like, it brings lots of new strategical dimensions. I don't see any point on item systems when everything is cheap and you can buy eveything all the time, just throw old junk away. And i quess you got my point about tomes already.

It may be true that you get too less money for creeps, but it can easily be changed. And i'd appreaciate a lot of feedback about the amount of incoming money.

10. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I edited the first post to up to date.

11. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here are some new screenshots for you, you can find more here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    THoT 1.65 beta is out now.

-Faster money income
    -Hotkey and tooltip fixes
    -Moon Elf Assasin and Human Captain balanced.
    -Human Priest's Sleep replaced with Mass Sleep (Thanks to Vicky2004)
    -Lots of Minor ability and item balances
    -Ability xy positions fixed
    -Hero glows for every hero

[​IMG]

13. sheol

sheol

Resources:
    Resources:
    what i think, and that is for everyone here, not just zeikko, is simple - with work, this map will definetly be better than dota, if it is not better already.. :)
    about items - there are many really cool items, some better than the rest, some unbalanced, but that all will change in time... :p if u have it in you to help make a very good map better, then here is your chance..:p

a little advice to u - when u play it, don't automatically start comparing to dota, because some of you like dota, some of u don't. this map is too different from dota to compare like that. anyway, my advice would be - if u play the map, try to find any bugs or unbalances, and notify zeikko here in this post... that would be a very great thing...

because everyone can bitch about something, so the question is...:

Who is able to actually say something smart, other than 'this is like dota, i hate dota' or 'this map sux'...???

14. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    THoT 1.69 beta is out now

Changelog:
    -More money from creeps
    -Raised Blood gem and Spirit gem cost by 100
    -Killed some annoying bugs occurring in 1.17
    -Texts reworked and grammar checked (Thanks to Suspekt)
    -Added Bash skill for Moon Elf Mistress' animal form
    -Replaced Nature's call with Lunar Redemption
    -Replaced Shield of the Moon with Lunar Blessing
    -Decreased Tornado building aura dmg
    -Minor balances with some mix items and abilities

[​IMG]

15. dragolas77

dragolas77

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, first, zeikko, i'm sorry, i couldn't open the map, no matter what i tried. Yes, this is the same dragolas from www.warcraftiii.net

Now, my review. This map is better than DOTA, and might even be better than TOB, but it has these downsides...

-The houses mess some things up, as all the comp troops have to destroy EVERY house before they proceed.
    -I noticed that, no offense, but it seems like alot of the non-mix items are almost copies from DOTA, the boots, the weapons, lots of things

The good

-Unique spells, and cool units, surprised it remains balanced
    -Cool units and customizable heroes
    -Lasts for a long time

This map is better than DOTA, and i have to agree, sorry zeikko, but DOTA is imbalanced, it's pure item-whoring

Now, this map is worth playing, i suggest you DL it

16. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it.

You couldn't open the map? You mean in editor?

Houses, yeah I agree, houses are very nice but they gather enemy creeps together and are bit annoying in that way, houses will have lower hitpoints in the next version.

Items.. hmmh.. yeh, those are kinda basic stuff i could get up from medieval things and using my imagination, some are quite same than in DotA but I tried to avoid some warcraft item cliches.

I've tried to concentrate on unique things and balance, i'm trying to make more unique skills all the time as I learn more with editor.

The length of the game can be set with just few settings in the map, i've been aiming on 40-60 minutes, though many ppl who see the map first time say it will last 3-4 hours because towers seem quite powerful, but in reality they are just piece of useless wood in post-game.

Thanks for ur feedback, if u like the map go ahead and rate it too :)

17. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    yea when i played dis map... it looks really good and it seams to be alot better than DotA but what makes DotA a sukky map is the fact that... the ones that play DotA... are the ones that play all the time and youll have to lose 2003 games before you fully understand where all the items are and how exactly to live long enough to get anywhere in the game. When i use demon hunter, hes so ******* weak... by the end of the game.. im still.. lvl 2!!! thats kinda sad and imma demon hunter pro... hes anti wizard powers suk!! and they ant even worth having in the game. :twisted:

18. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice to hear your comments about DotA but do you have something about THoT too? And by the way model and the actual hero and how to play with it have nothing to do with each other. If u are Deamon Hunter master it doesn't mean u can play effectively with anti-mage or Moon Elf Fanatic because they have same models.

19. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    ye i know... but when 99% of the ppl on bnet can not play the best character in da game... its kinda bad for a demon hunter. hes suppose to be one bad homo from hell!! hes suppose to be the type of guy that dont give a **** and he comes in and cleans a whole room out by him self and say at the end, "ready for more?" and when a great hero like this is turned into a walking talking clown... its kinda gay. kindag gay. kinda gay. kinda gay. you know what i mean?

20. genoxv

genoxv

Resources:
    Resources:
    o by the way is your newest version of your map.. is it fixed for the newest patch 1.17 i think thats it. lol ill have to check what patch it is again lol. but i think its 1.17. pfft blahaha. ive been editing maps so much i cant remember what patch we have. lol. if its fixed for the newest patch 1.17.... i will do the following listed in the link below to your map for you work so hard to make it better. i will test it out and see what i can do mainly to help you get ppl to try out this map like any other map i will do.

also any help in finding links to help ppl learn how to use the warcraft3 map editor is a big help to me and others, thx.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=31786#31786