• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Development: Impersonator of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all!

I would like to show you my map which is basically made for my friends, but now upload this for you for beta testing and if anybody has some ideas I would be grateful. :) My maps use a lot of custom icons, models and skins from the hive, so the credits goes for the makers of these too. Have fun! :)

IoD 2 v1.4

This is an instance-style map for up to 6 players. The map takes place in an ancient temple, where some adventurers discover the secrets of Avil'Shei. In this map you can pick up quests, collect unique items, fight ultimate bosses and so on. In this map heroes start with a basic ability which has no mana cost but the cooldown is long. Every heroes will have 6 unique skills, from tanking to heal and dd abilities as well. The map size impossible so it takes a long time to finish it.

There some known bugs in my map like the Demonologist's pet can pick up items, but if it pick up an item like Tome of Strength the game will crash. I did'nt find a solution for this yet, so please watch for this.

IoD Versus v1.27

This is the versus mode for my map. You may call it "dota-style" but there are a lot of features that makes it challenging and a good map. Here you can fight with or against your friends up to 5v5. The goal is to destroy the enemy citadel, BUT there are many ways to improve your siege and destroy the enemy base.

Some new features:

- Gold Mines: All allied players will receive some gold equal to how many gold mines your team has

- Barracks: This is the building where creeps spawn, you should protect your barracks at your base, because if the enemy destroys it it changes owner and enemy creep will spawn from the barracks! There are some "neutral" barracks in the map, try to destroy these to get extra reinforcement!

- Altar: With every Altar your team owns, all allied players receive 10% bonus experience from future kills

- Guardian: The guardian is a strong neutral creature located near the middle of the map. If a team kills it than a strong creature (Impersonator of Light or Darkness) will spawn in a random line to the team who killed the guardian. The guardian will respawn after a few minutes

Buildings:

There are two building for each player located near the base. You can upgrade your creeps, building, add additional creeps and so on

Game modes:

The teal or the orange player should write the following to enable a game modification

-ap : the classic all pick mode where all players choose their own champion

-ar : the classic all random, all players receive a random champion (in this mode there is a chance to pick a champion multiple times)

-om : creeps will only spawn in the middle line

-nt : disables the top line for creeps

-pve e / -pve n / -pve h / -pve i : if all players is in the Human Force than this mode causes the undeads to research on its own, bosses will spawn and increase the number of creeps to the Undead Force

That's all for now, I hope you enjoy my map and I receive some useful tips from you. :)

Attachments

• IoD2 v1.4.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 87
  • IoDVS v1.27.w3x
    7.9 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.