• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Restaurant Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Restaurant Manager v0.05 ALPHA
Update to v0.05 (13. Feb 2010)!

• added new gamemode selection-system
  • added 'Sell' ability to tables, chairs and flowerpots
  • added hotkeys to 'Place a table', 'Place a chair' and 'Place a flowerpot' abilities
  • changed the required exp for levelup
  • added 2 new orders (cheese and wine)
  • changed model of 'Cauldron'
  • changed model of 'Food'
  • changed model of 'Additional Food'
  • fixed some typos
  • first release

Gameplay
In this map two restaurants have to earn money by serving food which is ordered by guests that enter the restaurant.
The faster you bring the food to the guests, the more gold you will get.
You can make guests wait longer by building flowerpots.

Every two minutes both restaurants gain 100 gold which is not counted as earned gold. All players in a team have the same goldamount!
This makes this map focused on teamplay.

To serve food to a guest put the food you want to serve in your first inventory-slot and use the serve-ability on a guest.
The Employees and the Restaurantmanager have got the same abilities with only one difference:
the Restaurantmanager has an aura which increases nearby units movementspeed. Instead of this a normal worker has the ability Cooking Skills which decreases the time that food takes to cook at a fireplace.

To build something, simply click on a circle of power and use the ability of it.
The Restaurantmanager is able to allow or disallow shared building.

The Restaurant which earns the required goldamount at first has won the game.

Current Cooking System
Some food is just raw and has to be cooked at the fireplace by using the cook-ability of your hero or worker.
But there are also recipes which require more than one type of food. Place all ingredients in the cauldron and wait some time.

Fame System
Every time a happy guest leaves your restaurant, your restaurant's fame increases by 0.5.
If a guest leaves without getting food, your resraurant's fame decreases by 1. The fame goes from -100 to 100 and starts at 0.
Every 5 points of fame your chance that a guest will enter your restaurant increases by 1%.

Commands
Restaurantmanager:
"-open" Opens the restaurant and makes guests able to enter it.
"-close" Closes the restaurant and makes guests not able to enter it.
"-opengate" Opens only the gate but lets guests not pass through.
"-closegate" Closes the gate.
"-build" Enables or disables the ability to build for employees.

All:
"-fame" Shows the fame of your restaurant.
"-ms" Shows the movementspeed of your currently selected unit.
"-autoswap" Activates the automatic inventory which moves all your items in one higher slot every time you use the cook- or serve-ability.
"-chance" Shows the chance that a guest will enter your restaurant

Known Bugs or Issues
-There are small laggs when the first guests arrive because they have to be preloaded
-If you spend all your money on food and/or workers at the beginning you have to wait a long time to get enough money to build your first table and a chair (partially done)
-Player 3 (Teal) is required to play the game because he has to set the required goldamount
-No dynamic required goldamount (only 2500,5000,10000 or 20000 to choose from) (done)
-Only one (the standart) game mode
-Bad model for table (need modeler)

Coming Soon
-a better Cooking-System where you have to look on your food while it cooks or it will burn
-more abilities
-more food, recipes and orders
-easier and safer gameplay
-more game modes like Time Attack, Required Guest-Amount, 100-Fame-Mode, ...
-a lot more commands like camera configuration
-much more

Screenshots (None Yet)
(Empty)

Credits
Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment
Models:
Hellish Hybrid (Cauldron)
Testers:
None
Additional Help:
Nichita

Looking for

• a modeler [0/1]
  • some people who give feedback at regular intervals [1/∞]

I translated the whole map from german to english so message me if i missed something or made grammar errors/typos. If you find any bugs that i didn't mentioned above, post it.
The game is much harder than you think because you have to multitask.
I would be very happy about feedback even if its negative. (Also help me to increase my english-skills :csmile:)
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• (10)RM v0.05.w3x
    389.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 7
Sounds cute and this reminds me very much of similar games in Roblox (Yes, I played that. Can't play it due to a shitteh connecshun kitteh); I liked those games. (Though I like space games moar :D)

So just add screenies and notify me xP

Heck, I'll download this, I'm going to reply after someone posts and I've played the map =D

Status
Not open for further replies.