• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Restaruant tycoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I just realized I haven't thought up of how to balance the game. Ie How much money do/should you get and how etc... versus how long game is versus how many players.

Here how I imagine the game to work ( multiplayer version)

There a town with competing restaurants. Every day people leaves their homes and go to one of the places, only one. Once they sat down, they order a meal.
( simple to prestigious, meals will only be classified as how good they are, no recipe/menu - too complicated/ longer game play).

Problem one, How much should they be charged/ how much should the supply cost? Should the supply price vary?
Problem two, Should the customers tip, and how much? Dependent on rating of restaurant and food prep
Problem three, rent charges, should it be included? I am thinking the players can change their restaurant location.
Problem 4, stuff inside the restaurant cost money too.
All together. How much money should a player be making a day to be able to advance?

After the day is done. The guest go back home and the whole thing starts again.
The goal of the game is either:
a) bankrupt the other players ( going to be as long as monopoly)
b) earn the most after 30 days or less
any other goals is going to be small mission from the mayor

Problem 5: How long is a day? How fast to people eat/find a place/walk home blah blah blah
The only actions/ basic actions I have prepared is

walking around town
Entering the restaurant and sitting down
Ordering food
waiting for food
eating the food
leaving the restaurant
walking home.

Problem 6. How big should the town be?

Well that's all I can think of now.

Here's a screen shot of what I have accomplished :)

abmn3c.jpg

EDIT:
How do you feel playing a 2 hour game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.