• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiki curse

Reactions: deepstrasz
This effect is intended to be used as a DOT effect attached to origin of it's target.
It's a bad mojo haunting enemy and doing laser eyes.

Keywords:
Tiki, Curse, Mojo, Voodoo, Maledict, Doom, Troll, Mask
Contents

Tiki curse (Model)

Reviews
14:36, 10th Aug 2014 MiniMage: Looks pretty cool.

M

14:36, 10th Aug 2014
MiniMage: Looks pretty cool.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is super-nifty. I'm a little off-put by Trolls, Voodoo, Masks &... Lazer beams? But then again, I Love Lazers and am putting some in my own Trolls, so who am I to complain? :p

That being said, interesting little buff. Reminds me of the Shadow Strike buff (creative little dude cackling & wailing away, rather than just a nameless energy ball or streamer). I like it, and hope to be able to use it.

Feel free to inundate some more. :p

Level 6

239066-albums7472-picture87085.png
Model name:Tiki Curse
Reviewer:Devin
Note:This is my personal thoughts so don't go hard. >.>
Review:Very creative idea.Goodjob Mon!
Suggestion:
Rating:3/5

Last edited:
this is cool. really cool actually.

Cons: I feel like you could have put a bit more effort into the eyes on the mask, from a distance its hard to tell whats happening there because the eye holes are just black. My suggestion is to put glows on them, like what you did at the point of the 2 lazers merging, but right on the masks eyes, using the generic glowX texture.

then the eyes and the lazers in general should be made brighter some how, Im not sure how to actually do it properly, but I copy and paste lighting/glow vertexes twice over, on top of each other, to make them brighter by double (such as my pink flowers I believe). try it out. additionally I think there should be an animated texture on the lighting, though what exactly should be done in exact math specs im not sure. but fading the red lighting in and out of brightness, or even flashing it on and off, could be a way to liven up the magical aspect of this buff.

Pros: I think it looks scary frankly, its like ghosts are telling you to GTFO or die, its awesome.

Permission to do these things for my spare time? =D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is really cool, but i would have liked it better if instead of just slowly rotating around, the mask would be kinda "jumping" from place to place, shooting lasers every now and then, rather than constantly. It would look more whimsical troll-like to me.
Do Eet... He already gave permission. That sounds really nifty, actually; kinda like Crash Bandicoot.