• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearthstone Tournament #2 (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

YAY I just reached level 20 ^^ Gimme the sexy cardback blizz!

Just to clarify isn't the tournament starting in 10 mins? (7 P.M., GMT+2)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The tournament will start on 19:00 CEST (7 P.M., GMT+2).
Then there's something wrong with this sentence...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

oooooh I get it, it's summer time so it's +1 hour for me lol :p Me so wintery and confused, sorry peeps

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Edit 3: It's the 31st like i first thought
Quote:
The tournament will begin on Saturday, May 31st, and proceed to Sunday, June 1st, if necessary.
Got to say there's a whole lot of conflicting info in the OP xd
What?

Ehh... I'm confused af, but okay.. that's actually good for me, I get to practice :p

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Can I join now? Its a little bit late but I want to kick your asses so bad :p

BerryBush #1759
I'd play Priest, Shaman and Rogue

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I bet I'll be the last on the final placements, and the only one with 0 wins.. Rank 17 here..

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I am rather confused about the time atm. Maybe it's just me.

It's 7 PM (19:00) GMT +2... +Summer time, which is 1 hour, so it's actually 8 PM on GMT +2

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes we had :) I'm practicing hard atm..

I've only opened 2 packs on EU and am rushing atm to unlock all of the basic cards for the classes I'll be playing.
Do you make stupid mistakes (like me) :p

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I expected to encounter A LOT more legendaries, guess I just got placed not on the get rekt - side :)

I think I'll pass the next one if it'll come as soon as this one did, need to practice a lot; I literally got a 1-3 arena run this week...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I can only believe, Warrior decks are used to run lot of legendaries. What you have? Cairne, Ysera, Ragnaros, Grommash, Alextrasza? I believe those are the most popular of 'em..

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

WHAT THE H*LL?

And you didn't win? Pnf must have monstrous deck.. wait, it can't get any monstrous than that...

WHAT THE H*LL?

And you didn't win? Pnf must have monstrous deck.. wait, it can't get any monstrous than that...

Well, legendaries don't necessarily make for a win. I was able to account for it by filling up on removals and adding a faceless manipulator (really worth the investment btw! I just got it this week after running tons of arena matches, I tried to get enough dust to make it before the tournament would start).

Although, from the vid (will be posted soon), you'll see it was a struggle, kinda on both sides. His warrior deck indeed was the one that gave me the most trouble, and he played it better than most people I've seen (he wasn't overly ambitious), and took down all my decks in a 3-win streak.

Ultimately, a little luck goes a long way. :grin:

Level 48
I suggest that for the next one, changing your deck should not be allowed. After my first match with Mekket I could've easily swapped out a bunch of stuff in favor of mass AoE and probably stood a much fairer chance. However, I felt that would've been cheating, so I decided against it. Changing your deck mid-game just seems kind of lame.

I suggest that for the next one, changing your deck should not be allowed. After my first match with Mekket I could've easily swapped out a bunch of stuff in favor of mass AoE and probably stood a much fairer chance. However, I felt that would've been cheating, so I decided against it. Changing your deck mid-game just seems kind of lame.

Thanks for the input. I agree that it is pretty strange, I felt the same way. I'd still like to allow changes between matches (before you face your opponent), but not during a matchup. Perhaps I'll make it so that changes can only be made to a certain extent (e.g. 6 card deviation from main deck, like tournament #1), so that you cannot completely change strategies from matchup to matchup.

Although, when in doubt, I should probably follow standard tournament rules. I don't quite remember what their ruling was on that though. I assume they don't allow deck changes, so I suppose I should do the same. I'll read up on it.

EDIT: As for a quick update, the vids are coming along slowly. I think I can finish the two final matchups by tomorrow. It is just a lot of tedious cutting (my last uploads were uncut, but they took way too long and had a lot of dead time, so I decided to cut these). It takes 30 min to an hour per match, and since we had 10 total matches, it will be a while. :p Finished cutting 3 matches so far.

Level 4
Thanks for the input. I agree that it is pretty strange, I felt the same way. I'd still like to allow changes between matches (before you face your opponent), but not during a matchup. Perhaps I'll make it so that changes can only be made to a certain extent (e.g. 6 card deviation from main deck, like tournament #1), so that you cannot completely change strategies from matchup to matchup.

Although, when in doubt, I should probably follow standard tournament rules. I don't quite remember what their ruling was on that though. I assume they don't allow deck changes, so I suppose I should do the same. I'll read up on it.

I'd recommend following the rules of the major Hearthstone tournaments out there such as ESGN, Blizzcon, Dreamhack, etc. Atleast if there is as much participants as there were this tournament. They all share the same tournament rules and format.

Blizzcon: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Innkeeper's_Invitational
ESGN: http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/463-esgn-hs-fight-night-preview

They basicly follow the same format we play. The only deviation is that in Blizzcon tournaments the first deck of each opponent is randomized while ESGN is not. No tournament allows any modifying decks between matches or series. You play your decks through the entire tournament just the way you made them in the first place. It prevents cheese such as swapping out a few cards to totally counter an opponent you've faced before in the tournament.

In the end, I find the format we are using now totally fine as long as we keep getting more than 10 participants. No matter what you decide with the deck changing; I will never change my decks once I've entered a tournament. It feels in a way, just as Deolrin said, like cheating.

EDIT: As for a quick update, the vids are coming along slowly. I think I can finish the two final matchups by tomorrow. It is just a lot of tedious cutting (my last uploads were uncut, but they took way too long and had a lot of dead time, so I decided to cut these). It takes 30 min to an hour per match, and since we had 10 total matches, it will be a while. :p Finished cutting 3 matches so far.

Can't wait! :D

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I will just add my uploads as they come in this post.

edit: 2x speed to reduce length, which also forced me to add music. The music is from a random techno mix from youtube. Sorry if you don't find it good.
Purge, gotta see this one :p

3361c8f2d086dbb7e5b6f951e21e0564.png

17a50bc4ded2f61bb3e8439e37d1c7a9.png

8979825e3c68ac9c69f61ebb277783d6.png

36f1eb4daa054c17184baf1f1b65424a.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Chaosy vs Jondrean (second match)
First:

I also recorded my seconds match on D1, it's yet to be uploaded to youtube...

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Tournament was fun fore sure. Next time I'll beat yo ass Purge :p. Here's hopes for Naxramus being out before it happens :D. I mean they did promise summer and it's already June so yeah. As for the decks, yeah, not enough legendaries :D

Should we expect future tournaments to mostly be on EU?

Yeah, most people on hive are on EU or Asian servers (mostly EU). You and I are NA, so we're among the few.

I guess you gotta grind out those warrior basic cards sooner or later.

If it helps, I recommend just doing the quests on EU in your off time. You'll end up racking gold, and you can maybe run an arena or two now and then on EU, and you'll end up getting cards. That's what I did. (although, I started my EU account two months ago or so)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

You're a little bit off the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.