• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearstone Tournament #1 (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I think showing your deck is kind of stupid and ur giving ur opponent an advantage.

How exactly, I know my opponents deck and he knows mine so really it just comes down to who has the most wit and the strongest build.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I think showing your deck is kind of stupid and ur giving ur opponent an advantage.
Ok if this tournament is nerdy/hc/serious I won't ever join it.. but really if we consider things like that, the atmosphere gets too serious for me to enjoy it.

First games were about entertainment, but since (or before) eSports various new games turned to be about competition. I myself LOVE watching eSports, but hate/avoid participating in it..

Level 12
Ok if this tournament is nerdy/hc/serious I won't ever join it.. but really if we consider things like that, the atmosphere gets too serious for me to enjoy it.

Well I think it's mostly just for fun, atleast it is for me, but I don't think anybody plays with the intention to lose. (which would be weird if someone does)

Some may try harder than others but in the end you're just playing some games with the people you see on the THW forum and see how it goes. Hopefully you have a great time doing so.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It can give a slight advantage. If I know that xxsniperxx use a murloc warlock deck I wouldn't throw away my concecration from my open hand. But if he plays a hand lock I would certainly throw it away. It can be game changing if you think about it.

Personally I don't see the point with showing the deck to my opponents but I don't care about it tbh, after all everyone gets the same advantage/disadvantage.

Level 24
I have a question: Do I have to, add in the game, everyone that is included in the game or is there like some uber-system to connect the players?

It has been stated that we'll play with either bracket or if we get a few amount of players it will be round robin.

I have a question: Do I have to, add in the game, everyone that is included in the game or is there like some uber-system to connect the players?

We'll all be in chat, so you don't really have to add the battletag's ahead of time. Once you are assigned an opponent, you can exchange battletag's, add each other, and play.

Level 12
PurgeandFire might want you to send him a PM where you tell him you'd like to join, probably don't need to but probably nothing wrong with it either.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I hope so too, I'm eager to show you my rank 22 skills! :p

Level 24
This might be a little hard for me since I've only started on the EU server this week--

I admit beating me and purge could prove to be rather difficult wit basic decks but there seem to be others with the same card value. Even if you don't win you'll most likely have very fun which is what this contest is all about.

Level 24
You've got a chance Chaosy, Purge and Statharas are all formidable opponents, you yourself did not have to great cards but did extremely well with what you had. I'm not as superior as I'd like to think I am. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.