• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Things people Say Impossable to code brought to terms for anyone to make these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
There is a spell out there that has been asked for many, many times.

I will continue to List them here:

1. Slow down time in a general location of the map instead of the entire map.
2. Block Spell that doesn't bug out.
3. Attack while moving at the same time.
4. Giving Doodads HP bars above it's head (rather entertaining for tricking people)
5. Producing a Hero That makes a player completely blind of everything and only allows him to be like a true demon hunter, blind and relies on senses, I will explain this.

To make a single player blind for a hero concept is to make sure they can see the terrain and nothing else unless an action happens, using Visibility triggers is hard to work with if you don't know how to prevent Desyc. The best way to do this is to use Dummies for Vision. Ways to hunt down players with senses and other means. This System will be located in my Map Reign of the Horde, a Blind Hellhound that can hunt down prey by being given sight of units nearby that he can smell or hear, if your walking he can see you, if you are really close to him, he will pick up your scent for X seconds. I don't care if people say if something is impossible I just poke them in the eye and tell them How it can be done instead of rubbing it off.

Spell 1: Slow down time in a general location

How to do it: The map must have all projectiles as Custom Projectiles that can have their Speed's alternated any time, so if they enter the Time zone field they are slowed down before impact. allowing one to literally walk around a projectile and attack you. You can easily improve the effects by slowing down animation, attacks, speed, turn speed, knockback speed, if they are not in the zone they go back to normal speed. :) The game has to be built for the spell before the game is fully made. If you abuse this, it will result in an Epic fail.

Spell 2: Make the unit invul then calculate the damages, sheesh. IT blocks all damage period so you can just calculate it on the spot and still obtain the damage being dealt with the armor reductions even though the unit received Nothing. Just make sure all units on the map are allowed to smack invul units or they re-target to something else. durpa durpa.

Spell 3: The mounting system where you attach two units onto eachother. Attach a unit to a invisible dummy that can't be seen. This will give the effect that he is moving while attacking at the same time.

Spell 4: That's more of a joke then being serious, who would want that? It can be done though.

Spell 5: You can see in my Map Reign of the Horde when it comes out, even though no one ever comments on it.

For the people that need to see it to believe it. Make it, don't bark up my tree, I only do GUI but I am insanely creative lol.

Last edited:
Level 7
spell 2: bad solution then it will block other than the spell damage.
spell 4: put a unit without collision on the dooads however it might cause lagg on big maps

Perhaps, it will block other then that, but if you have a system to restore those damages after you have calculated it all when you need it then it allows you to use that 0.00 and still get ahead of the damage needs to be less then max life or w/e lol.

We use the waiting for the unit to take damage less then his max life in order to do the same thing that the invul will do. only you can grab the damage the unit dealt somehow, and it has calculated the armor reduction yet it never damaged you at all, its such a fast invul on>off 0.01 gametime second. that it allows you to trick the system. 0.01 after after invul you simply place in the damages and the calculations you wanted. meaning yo can subtract the damage you wanted to remove before it happens YOU CONTROL it all as deep as Vjass only now with GUI. It has its flaws but it allows one to do these things with gui:
1. Delay damage
2. Block Damage
3. Spread amounts of the damage somewhere else then you take the rest
4. Wont bug a projectile because it will store the damage it was ment to make.
5. Doesn't matter what damage type your taking it can store it.

Personally. I think that is a huge step of GUI without using a single Jass system.

No one makes Spell 1 or Spell 3, because they don't think that deep for something, its useually dismissed as impossible. Now Spell 5 is one of a kind, you wont see in any game prior to mine lol.

Level 16
1. IMPOSSIBLE to reduce the speed of a projectile

2. check up some of the damage detection on this site, you will find some that makes you able to set the damage taken to any value with triggers and still save the initiale damage in variables

3. It is a good idea :thumbs_up: gd luck making it :p i don't have much time if you want help

4. I don't think it is possible sorry, make them destructibles since doodads can not be destroyed :p

5. there are fade and advanced filters in the cinematic section in GUI triggers

Level 7
1. IMPOSSIBLE to reduce the speed of a projectile

2. check up some of the damage detection on this site, you will find some that makes you able to set the damage taken to any value with triggers and still save the initiale damage in variables

3. It is a good idea :thumbs_up: gd luck making it :p i don't have much time if you want help

4. I don't think it is possible sorry, make them destructibles since doodads can not be destroyed :p

5. there are fade and advanced filters in the cinematic section in GUI triggers

#1: IF you can set projectile speed, you can certantly change it when it enters another area. Of course it would require a more configurable Projectile system. Consitering Projectile systems are a set and forget atm (Bold Assumption) till it reached the destination. just like how you set things for if it travels over trees and such it could detect the zone hence allowing you to convert it into a new projectile(or change the speed of it). make it start at the same store all the physic's and the owner of the projectile, Keep saying impossible I'll come up with more ways to make it possible till you realize its possible even if I have a few minor flaws. lol.

#2: Only in GUI? No need for Custom Script anything, like this?

#3: The hell, im not gonna make it, I don't have time to make things I'm not going to use. Off the Record I have So little experience with Jass/Vjass I can't even embed the systems yet because I want to configure them not have a wall of code I can't understand, if I can't understand it, I can't fix it, have you seen how many systems are in in need of FIX.

#4: Doodads can be given a life bar by placing a custom life bar that is fake, has no real life on it or trait of anything, its just to make it look like someone is behind the doodad or has disguised themselves at the doodad, its hilarious to watch people be like The hell is behind here, fire spells at it and such in AOS games. its hilarious.

#5: I appreciate your suggestion but I never said I needed help with this piece It's complex it is worth it. I will give you a heads up, I don't use fade or advanced filters for him at all.

Level 37
For the blocking spell, no offence but the 0.01 timer and adding invulnerability is a very bad idea. In no way should a blocking spell make a unit invulnerable. Using a 0.01 timer makes the ability ignore random amount of attacks and you don't know how much damage you avoided. Shields can have block percentage, cooldown and block amount for example. You also loose aggro for a while.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to create a working blocking spell? I don't think any experienced coder has said it is impossible, but it is really difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.