• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Twisted Pack ! [Rmx]

This map contains 5 kind of indexing recycled spells. [Paladon recycling]

The map is released and just BeTA stage and needs alot of fixes.

It is released from pressure ... Example : Msaeed28 or seed telling me when i will release some spells or ext...

The third spell is uhhhh not finished and still BAD...

But have fun in this spellpack !

Changelog :

N/A

Keywords:
Bomb, Slice, Carpet, Fire, Fly, Jump, Dark, Undead, Rmx, ext...
Contents

Land of the Free (Map)

Reviews
13:36, 14th Jun 2010 Hanky: Your spellpack looks fine enough for an approval. Just the index system of your spells is kinda ineffective and you could add some more documentation. But well I think your spellpack is useful enough. So I'll approve it.

M

13:36, 14th Jun 2010
Hanky:
Your spellpack looks fine enough for an approval. Just the index system of your spells is kinda ineffective and you could add some more documentation.

But well I think your spellpack is useful enough. So I'll approve it.

Level 30
It's very nice to see a new spellpack from you.
Maybe i should just check the section more often, i however did not see one from you for a while.
I like the general conception and execution, this flying height setting with a rate of 10000000 can be shortened to simply 0.
Still, i'm not sure whether you did or not, but it is very recommendable to add a Z-Detection to these bombs and missiles exploding on flying unit contact.

Reactions: Rmx
Level 3
I think 3rd magic needs just a dummy spell that change direction.
And i think it will be great if bomber really flyes from the sky, maybe set the hight to 500-600 then simply set it to 300 at 200-300 or something else.
And the spells are great!

Level 15
Nice. I didn't spot any leaks. The only thing is:

CONFIGURABLES. Your code, being very big, is hard to configure without having to scan through the triggers and manually replacing.... eg. make another global for string effects, and damage, range, etc and place them in a init trigger.

Level 22
gaahh not again ;)

downloading ...

-Review 2.0-

- Napalm Bomber -

- First of all there seem to be some kind of bug there while cast, the dummy seems to have perm immo cause when the bird is in the air the units walk away from it cause of taking damage

- change heigght rate to 0

- skip casting unit, triggering is faster :)

- fix documentation!

wont review better, have to quit going on vacation again but it seems that you have to put some more time on these ones cause the docu sux badly and also you need to change some stuff cause it all aint good at all like random angles/range and such should be variablized else you know that I think this is some good stuff but still you might spend some time documentating? ;)

good job

regards

an old friend

~baassee

Last edited:
Level 17
Actually nice idea, but one advice about the napalm bomb, either remove the "minimum range thing" (that usually pisses me off), or use a variable where the user can set minimum range (zero means none) and then in that case use the "SimError" system - it's in Jass, but you know enough to use SimError in a Custom Script, and in case you get stuck on something I can help.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
a very good spellpack but the unholy power can be easiliy done with locals and ^^ waits and the stormbolt ability and bloodlust.

Well bloodlust can't stack .. coz each missile gives 5% growth to the hero size..

Also WAITS omg see my SIG :D ...

locals ... hmm wonder how to do that :D .. well mine is MUI and that's what matter :D

Also really efficient :p ..

lol thnx for the comment

Level 15
That wouldn't be MUI however... it's still using globals so the locals are senseless :p

nop its MUI, it does not matter do you assign value, global, function value... it matters is it local or global ;)

JASS:
globals
  integer I = 0
endglobals

function test takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    call Sleep(6)
    call IMsg(i) // displays 0
    set I = 7
    set i = I
    call Sleep(6)
    set I = 65536
    call IMsg(i) // displays 7
endfunction

however spells are fine, but well do it the way u like...

Level 17
Dark_Dragon said:
nop its MUI, it does not matter do you assign value, global, function value... it matters is it local or global ;)

JASS:
globals
  integer I = 0
endglobals

function test takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    call Sleep(6)
    call IMsg(i) // displays 0
    set I = 7
    set i = I
    call Sleep(6)
    set I = 65536
    call IMsg(i) // displays 7
endfunction

however spells are fine, but well do it the way u like...

But DD, the example he gives is a using a Timer event, so the locals won't be shared like your example when you use wait, since they are local for one function instance.

So to make his example work, he'd have to set them to the globals every instance the timer runs, run two spells with different globals, bug.

Get my point?

EDIT:
Oops, I just noticed he uses a Wait instead of timers, meh... he says timed ability at the top of the trigger so that tricked me.

Level 15
But DD, the example he gives is a using a Timer event, so the locals won't be shared like your example when you use wait, since they are local for one function instance.

So to make his example work, he'd have to set them to the globals every instance the timer runs, run two spells with different globals, bug.

Get my point?

EDIT:
Oops, I just noticed he uses a Wait instead of timers, meh... he says timed ability at the top of the trigger so that tricked me.

well yeah its timed ability or for example timed effect... as you know in my libs there it DestroyEffectTimed its precious but uses timer not an wait.

thous it is possible to make timed effect without timer only by pointer function, for example...

JASS:
private function EffTim takes effect e, real t returns nothing
    call Sleep(t)
    call DestroyEffect(e)
endfunction

function DestroyEffectTimed takes effect e, real dur returns nothing
    call EffTim.execute(e, dur)
endfunction

now this is better then my "precious one" if you for example destroy effect after 1 second and have for example 15 effects... then this one would be better, but my one is precious and it will exactly destroy effect in 1 sec or .01 secs if wanted while sleep cant handle that...

the only problem is destroy multiple effects timed at same time its just stupid to load an timer for every effect right? thats why DestroyClusterTimed was added ;)

but yeah hope all is answerd now!
Greets all!
~DD