• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Road of Destiny <I>

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Destiny Studios Present

THE ROAD OF DESTINY <I>
- Lonely Star of Ashenvale
Created by Farewell Godot & Floating Gravestone

245014-albums8119-picture97302.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97303.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97304.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97305.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97306.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97307.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97308.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97309.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97310.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97311.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97312.jpg

245014-albums8119-picture97313.jpg

General Introduction

245014-albums8117-picture97257.jpg
This is a WCIII custom campaign presented by my group Destiny Studios, which is named after the campaign series - The Road of Destiny. The first of the series, Lonely Star of Ashenvale, has been produced and presented hereby.

245014-albums8117-picture97258.jpg
The campaign is about Night Elves after The Frozen Throne. Our story begins as the Warsong Clan launch an attack on Southern Ashenvale. The heroine is called Kastie Moonsong, a former family member of Shandris Feathermoon but now has been on her own. The campaign shows her experiences during the war between night elves and orcs. As she engages deeper and deeper in the war something unusual will be uncovered and she will eventually decide to march on her lonely road to seek destiny.

245014-albums8117-picture97259.jpg
Kastie has many friends, though, at least before she choose her lonely road of destiny. Therefore we have a few supporting roles in the campaign. These heros and heroines will not show up all together in a single chapter, but separately in several chapters, creating different combinations with Kastie for different types of tasks.

245014-albums8117-picture97260.jpg
Except for a couple of RTS quests that are not very complicated, most of the main quests are RPG type. You control one or multiple heroes to accomplish the request of an NPC, and to conquer bosses in your way. Some of the bosses will be really tough. Fortunately there're lots of unnoticeable trinkets hidden in the maps that, if you are carefully enough to find them, can be combined into mighty artifacts which help greatly in the boss fights.

245014-albums8117-picture97261.jpg
Satyrs, the major foes in Chapter One, provide actually the easiest boss fight through out the campaign. Though their strike on the night elves may pull you back from leisure all of a sudden and push you into a fluster. In the following few chapters, facing much harder bosses one after another you may feel frustrated in the boss fights but trust me, as long as you think carefully enough you'll always find the key to the problem. Know that some of my testers never use the keyboard but still win the hardest boss fight through outmanovouring.

245014-albums8117-picture97262.jpg
245014-albums8117-picture97263.jpg
245014-albums8117-picture97264.jpg
When you're not fighting tough enemies, I would suggest that you enjoy the beautiful landscape on your way. The Landscape is one of my proudest work, especially those in Chapter One and Five showing Teldrassil and Astranaar, respectively. I won't boast more but you'll see them once you enter the maps.

245014-albums8117-picture97265.jpg
Some NPCs do not provide tasks. Instead, they tell you background stories that are not mentioned in the quests but you may be interested in. Some NPCs just talk to you and make amusing dialogues. You may also try to find other uses for them, like this one - do you feel difficult to tackle the creeps when Kastie is at low level? Want a helper?

245014-albums8117-picture97266.jpg
Kastie is not the only one who has stories. As her story goes it comes across the stories of others'. The supporting roles may recall and tell you their experiences, which lead you to submaps with different style of landscape and different heroes, and perhaps rewards. To help the quest go on smoother, I suggest you keep track of the story by checking the Message Log regularly, as some of the dialogue may be neglected in battle.

245014-albums8117-picture97267.jpg
245014-albums8117-picture97268.jpg
245014-albums8117-picture97269.jpg
There're optional quests in every chapter. Completing them may reward you with good items, bonus hero or new spells.

245014-albums8117-picture97270.jpg
There're also hidden quests in some chapters. The hidden quests won't show up in the quest list so you'll have to bear them in mind. The demonstrated one here is related to World of Warcraft. You may have heard a sad story about Cerellean Whiteclaw and his dead wife Anaya.

245014-albums8117-picture97271.jpg
Hereby I acknowledge Scipio, the translator in my group. It was because of him that the campaign can be posted in the Hive Workshop, as it was not in English originally. Without anyone else who could help on the translation, he worked on my whole campaign - the lines, the units, the item, the spells, and the effects ... all by himself. I appreciate his huge and elaborate efforts so much.

Summary of Features

Stories
The campaign includes all kinds of stories. The quests lead you into stories. The characters tell you their stories. Even items develop stories as they combine and upgrade. I hope you'll enjoy them, as I believe a campaign is not merely about fighting or gathering artifacts.

Music and Landscape
As mentioned above, the landscape is my pride. I'm also quite satisfied with the music. In the last few maps I fit the selected music with the plot. Hopefully these efforts provide you with better game experiences.

Custom Spells and Items
Most of the spells and items are self-designed. A lot of items can be upgraded to cast new spells or combined into mighty artifact that may change the tide of battle. The 2nd author of the campaign Floating Gravestone contributes to the design and optimization of spells and items.

Credits

The credit list of my group members is in-game. Here I don't repeat it but focus on credits out of my group.
I've chosen a few pieces of WOW music and so I'll give that credit to Blizzard.
I imported over 300 models and skins, most of which were from the Hive Workshop and so I acknowledge Hive Workshop as my model and skin provider. Unfortunately due to the huge amount of imported resources and the long time I worked on the campaign, most of the author names of the individual resources are missing - I don't remember which one is whose as they all mixed up together. As a remedy, I've rummaged through the imported files and made a credit list of resource names. Anyone of you who find the resource name of your creation in my list below, you have my thanks!

AO_Lamppost.mdx
AbyssShade.mdx
Air Pollution.mdx
AirElemental.mdx
Alexstrazsa_Elf8.mdx
Ananas.mdx
AncientsWrath.mdx
Angel Sword.mdx
AquaSpike.mdx
Arc.mdx
Arcane Explosion.mdx
ArcaneMissileComplete.mdx
ArcaneStaff.mdx
ArcaneWave.mdx
Archer.mdx
Archer_Portrait.mdx
Arthas.mdx
Arthas2.mdx
Arthas_portrait.mdx
BallistaV2_by_Kitabatake.mdx
BambooMat2.mdx
BigRed.mdx
BlackChakraExplosion.mdx
BlackCloudOfFog.mdx
BlackHoleSpell.mdx
BleedingHollowGrunt.mdx
Bless.mdx
BlessingofElun.mdx
BloodPriest.mdx
BloodTornado.mdx
BlueStarMissile2.mdx
Boots.mdx
BronzeDragon.mdx
BurningBladeGrunt.mdx
Carrot v1.1.mdx
CastleStone1x1.mdx
CatapultV2_by_Kitabatake.mdx
ChaosMeteorV3.mdx
ChimaeraMonument.mdx
Chuck Norris.mdx
City Summer Tree.mdx
Claw.mdx
Cold Wright.mdx
Comet.mdx
Confirmation_ByEpsilon.mdx
CrimsonWake.mdx
CrystalEnt.mdx
CrystalSwordNew.mdx
Crystal_Infernal.mdx
D2.mdx
DarkBlast.mdx
DarkForcefield.mdx
DarkSummonPortal.mdx
DarkSwirl.mdx
DarkVoid.mdx
DeathKnight.mdx
DeathWave.mdx
DemonHunter2.mdx
DivineProtection.mdx
Double Blades v3.mdx
Drain.mdx
DruidoftheClawBETA.mdx
EMPBomb.mdx
EarthElemental.mdx
EarthLich.mdx
EarthTornado2.mdx
EarthTotem.mdx
Ebb.mdx
Effect_MechanicGears.mdx
ElectricBlizzTarget2.mdx
ElunesFire.mdx
ElvenArchCleric.mdx
ElvenBed.mdx
ElvenBench.mdx
EmeraldCore.mdx
EmeraldPortal.mdx
EmpyreanSigil.mdx
Encourage.mdx
EntanglingSpikes.mdx
Fallen Prince.mdx
FearTargetNew.mdx
FelOrcWarlord.mdx
FelOrc_Crossbowman.mdx
FemaleFootman.mdx
FemalePaladin.mdx
FemaleWarlord.mdx
FireElemental.mdx
FireTotem.mdx
Fireplace.MDX
FlameStrike.mdx
Footman.mdx
Footman_Portrait.mdx
ForceGem.mdx
ForestTrollBearRider.mdx
Forsaken Place.mdx
FountainStatue.mdx
FreshShambler.mdx
Freya.mdx
FrostAura.mdx
FrostDualBlade.mdx
FrostFang.mdx
FrostNymph.mdx
FrostPillar.mdx
FrozenShell.MDX
GaiaMissle.mdx
GaiaShield.mdx
GaiaWave.mdx
GearAura.mdx
Gem.mdx
Geomancer_E_002.mdx
GhostBuff.mdx
GlowBrown.mdx
GlowDarkGreen.mdx
GlowGray.mdx
GlowGreen.mdx
GlowLightBlue.mdx
GlowOrange.mdx
GlowPink.mdx
GlowPurple.mdx
GlowRed.mdx
GlowTeal.mdx
GlowYellow.mdx
GondorSoldier.mdx
GondorSoldierShield_A_002.mdx
GrandUndeadAura.mdx
Great Tree 2.mdx
GreatTree.MDX
Grovewielder.mdx
GrudgeAura.mdx
Grusha.mdx
GryphonHero.mdx
Gtree_ice.mdx
Gtree_rad.mdx
Guitariclev2.mdx
HTPlantie.mdx
HalduronBrightwing.mdx
HammerBroMissile.mdx
Haste.mdx
HateDevotionAura.mdx
Haunch.mdx
Healing Touch.mdx
HealingDefiledWisps.mdx
Heart.mdx
Heretic.mdx
HeroCryptWarlock.mdx
HeroElvenArcher.mdx
HeroMoonPriestess.mdx
HeroNightBlade.mdx
HeroNorthTauren.mdx
HeroOgreWarchief.mdx
HeroSlicerv2.mdx
HighElfPeasant.mdx
HolyAura.mdx
HolyAurora.mdx
HolyBlast.mdx
HolyPhoenixMissle.mdx
HolyStrengthen.mdx
Hominicle.mdx
HumanAssassine.mdx
IceHammer.mdx
IceNova.mdx
Icequake.mdx
IonCannon.mdx
IonCannonBeam.mdx
Item_Gem_Amber.mdx
Item_Gem_Amethyst.mdx
Item_Gem_Aquamarine.mdx
Item_Potion_BigGreen.mdx
Item_Potion_LargeBlue.mdx
Item_Potion_SmallBlue.mdx
Item_Potion_TinyBlue.mdx
Item_Potion_TinyGreen.mdx
Item_Potion_lightBlue.mdx
Jaina.mdx
JainaStaff.mdx
Katar3.mdx
Kiefer.MDX
KingGidorah4.mdx
Kubilla.mdx
Lamp.mdx
Lamppost_Eversong.mdx
Lantern.mdx
Lantern2.mdx
LaserStrike.mdx
Legolas.mdx
LichKing2.mdx
LightCircle45g.mdx
LightningAura.mdx
Lightningnova.mdx
MagicExplosion.mdx
ManaBurst.mdx
Mat_ingametex1.mdx
MindFog.mdx
Mjolnir.mdx
MoonBowl.mdx
MusicTarget.mdx
NatureExplosion.mdx
NelfDruidCat.mdx
NerubianGuard.mdx
NetherStrike.mdx
NewAirEX.mdx
NewGroundEX.mdx
NigheElfRogue3.mdx
Night Elf Archer Final.mdx
NightElfArtisan.mdx
NightElfSentinel2.mdx
NightElfWarlock6.mdx
NightelfDruidess.mdx
Ninjapan.MDX
Nozdormu.mdx
NuclearExplosion.mdx
OrcNomad.mdx
OrcRogue.mdx
OrcishWall.mdx
OutlandBrazierV3.mdx
Owl'sPerch.mdx
Owl.mdx
PandarenSage.mdx
Paper.mdx
PeeKay's BoneSpear.mdx
Piratecoin.mdx
PlaguedFountain.MDX
PlasmaGrenade.mdx
Platform.mdx
Pumpkin.mdx
PythonWarrioress.MDX
RPGHeroVillager.mdx
RedZapMissle.mdx
Retribution.mdx
Rifleman2.mdx
RiflemanElite.mdx
RingOfProtection.mdx
RuneAura.mdx
RuneOrb.mdx
RuneShell.mdx
SandAura2.MDX
SatyrHeadhunter.mdx
ScrolRed.mdx
Shadow Ball.mdx
Shadow Saierra Viskal.mdx
ShadowDragon.mdx
ShadowbindTarget.mdx
ShadowyMissileofEvilDOOMV2.mdx
Shandris.mdx
ShieldS.mdx
Sin.mdx
Siren.mdx
SkeletonLordX.mdx
SlowTime.mdx
SlowTime2.mdx
SmallOrgan.mdx
Sorceress.mdx
SoulArmor.mdx
SoundTrauma.mdx
SpiderRingItem.mdx
SpiralAura.mdx
StarfallTarget2.mdx
Stars_lightning_.MDX
StoneBridge.mdx
StormCrow.mdx
Sunflare.mdx
SylvanasWindrunnerOnDeathcharger.mdx
SylvanusWindrunner.mdx
Target.mdx
Templar.mdx
TimeAura.mdx
TreeofLifeUpgradeTargetArtHand.mdx
Urn.mdx
Villager3.mdx
VolcanoShieldTarget.mdx
VoodooAura.mdx
Vortex.mdx
Wall.MDX
WarTent.MDX
Warcry_v2.mdx
Water Elemental Extra.mdx
Water Tentacle.mdx
WaterMagic.mdx
WaterSlow.mdx
WaterTotem.mdx
Whirlpool.mdx
WindMissle.mdx
WindTotem.mdx
Wisps.mdx
WoodenBridge.mdx
WorgenCurse.mdx
Ysera5.mdx
ZDekuStick.mdx
ZangarLamppost.mdx
acorn.mdx
arbre.mdx
archdruid.mdx
arrows.MDX
arrowthrower.MDX
biggreen.mdx
black suited villager.mdx
branch.mdx
darkstar.mdx
elfbed03.MDX
elveswood-1.mdx
feather.mdx
frost warp.mdx
frozenattack.mdx
greentorch0.mdx
ham.mdx
heromountainking2.mdx
plant4.mdx
plasma mortar v2.mdx
rep new2.mdx
s_Enchanted Arrow.mdx
s_VBeam_Projectile.mdx
scepter.mdx
statueHEFranger.MDX
statueHFsunshield.MDX
theholybomb.mdx
unholyStrikeX2c.mdx
wardragon.MDX

Avianwingandsword.blp
Bamboo.blp
Banshee_Spirits.blp
BleedingHollowGrunt.blp
BloodPriest.blp
Boots.blp
Branch.blp
BurningBladeGrunt.blp
CW_Turalyon.blp
Chuck Norris.blp
Crusad00.blp
Darksh00.blp
DekuStick2.blp
DruidCat.BLP
Elfgate_wood01.BLP
ElvenArcher.blp
FemalePaladin.blp
ForceGem.blp
FreshShambler.blp
Freya.blp
Nymph_Skin01.blp
Nymph_Skin02.blp
FrostmourneNew.blp
GearAura.blp
Geomancer_body.blp
HalduronBrightwing.blp
HelmOfDom.BLP
HeroFemaleOrc.blp
HeroNorthTauren.blp
HeroSlicer.blp
HighElfPeasant.blp
HumanMage_by67chrome.blp
IronRaven.blp
KingGidorah.blp
LichKing.BLP
MedivhCorrupted.blp
MegaBlast2.blp
NightBlade.blp
NightElfPeasantportrait.blp
NightElfSentinel.blp
NinjaPan.blp
OrcRogue.blp
PythonWarrioress.blp
RPGHeroVillager.blp
RibbonMagic1.blp
RiflemanElite.blp
Rune.blp
Sage.blp
Siren.blp
StormCrowSkin.blp
TREE_GLOW01.tga
Tornado2b.blp
TotemTexture.blp
TrollSymbol1.blp
WarCraftArtBig.blp
In case there may still be someone missing, if anyone of you find your creation used in my campaign but the resource name does not appear here, please contact me and I'll add you in with apology and double the mount of thanks to you!

Changelog

There are no important changes by now, only a few corrections in the lines.

Known Issues

I urge you to read this part before playing, and sincerely apologize for the bugs. They'll be fixed in an optimized version of this campaign later.

Chapter Five
In the quest "Bard Song", you must first go to Paris and then Jone, or there will be errors.
Something goes wrong with the item "Avatar of Chimaera". You can neither use it nor put it in lockers or backpacks, or there will be errors.

Submap - Phantom of the Snowland
Something goes wrong with Old Brann's spell "Hold Fire". You'd better not use it, or there will be errors.

Submap - The Summit of Time
In the quest "Six Hundred Threescore and Six", only when Kastie takes the anihilation matter can the quest be completed. If Armage takes it he must pass it to Kastie before time up, or the quest will fail.

Hints in General
Reading the tips on the loading screen of the maps could be helpful.
Save the game whenever the situation is favorable, or you have to restart the whole chapter when the tide reverses.
There're secrets hiding in seemingly impassible areas, such as tiny objects potentially useful or minor paths to unknown treasuries.
Cracking the barrels, cases, and stones may benefit you.
Items dropped from some enemies are chance dependent. You can try save-load to get what you prefer.
Items are not always the higher rank the better. You'll have to find what's suitable for you.

Below are specific hints in each map. For better game experiences, I don't suggest reading them unless you have to.

When dealing with the gate protected by wisps, if you can not get the arrow through them to hit the switch, free your mind - try to find another position to round the wisps, perhaps somewhere beside the gate.
The answer to the pandaren may confuse you. If you don't want to know more about it, just remember the correct answer is the second one. You can also try the wrong answer and see where the story goes, the loss is just a costume that can be made into extra backpacks.
Anaya's purple scarf is hidden below a huge tree near Angelor Star.
Red Maple is beside a huge tree near Daughter of Nature in the Oracle Glade. When asleep he appears like a common tree but you'll find his hit point bar when dragging your mouse here and there in the nearby region.

The quest of Naga is only available before Katherine's arrival. The Scythe Mint can be found beside the rightmost wind elemental.
Again, the answer to the one that seems to be a pandaren may confuse you. Just remember he's an enemy, so don't please him.

In the quest of assassination, you can try to remember the position of the orcish general and shoot him beyond the hill, you can keep a proper distance from him and click Hide immediately after shooting, or you can send summoned units against him. The key is to attack him without letting them see you.
In the quest of infiltration, at the place where the paladin hide himself, there's a Synthesis Stone Lv1.
In the quest of sabotage, if you smash down the trees below the camp using the demolishers, you'll find a secret region.
When helping Brann Bronzebeard get his pass back, to the right of the ogres there seems to be a wood but it's actually passible, leading to another secret region. There's a third secret region of which the entrance is close to a huge tree and is covered by bushes.
When destroying the siege equipments, you may see that the farseer in the camp has a Legendary Synthesis Stone. You may want it but he's too formidable to tackle. What can you do? First, try to draw the other orcs to you and slay them without alerting the farseer. After clearing the path to the outside, let Kastie go to Daughter of Nature who will cast invisibility on you. Return to the farseer and choose a proper position where he's stuck, and click Hide so that he'll never see you since the time stays at midnight in this chapter. Then capture the demolishers and use them to open a very narrow path in the trees below the camp, send the demolishers in and attack the farseer beyond the hill by smashing the ground until he dies, meanwhile use the paladin to block the other orcs out. Just be sure that the demolishers are not harming Kastie, and stop them in time so as not to destroy the item the farseer drops. This method is found by my testers and I admire their cleverness.
In the final boss fight, focus your fire on the death knight and neglect the orcs.

If you choose to slay the death knights, after finishing the optional quest and meet Katherine in the main quest, you can return to the Tauren Shaman for help and get this bonus hero for this chapter.
If you choose to track the death knights, as you reach the road full of mines there's a passible wood to your right that hides a Synthesis Stone Lv3.
After getting through the cave beyond the fountain of mana there will be no turning back. You'd better get ready for battle before entering.
After solving the Puzzle of Butterfies, if you'd like to go to the valley for a look, first enter the goblin's beverage factory, and then find the right cave to the valley.

There are many merchants selling various materials for item combination. Walk around and see what they have.
There are also combination materials hidden beneath the stones in Grove of the Ancients.
The case containing the reward of the eccentric requires a key, which is in the Bard Song grove near the pandarens and an ancient protector.

This is probably one of the longest and most complicated hidden quests. It runs throughout the campaign. The reward "Avatar of Chimaera" is mighty but also full of bugs. Here I must apologize for it. If you just want an artifact I won't suggest you even try it, but if you are interested in completing this hidden quest, please read the hints.

Chapter One
When helping Druid Ceredwyn fight the satyrs in one of the optional quests, you can walk along the river and find several water elementals. The largest one has a chance to drop an Essence of Water. There's a treant NPC nearby. Find him and receive a task to take the Essence of Water to the Woods of Chimaera where you'll obtain the Horn of Chimaera.

Chapter Three
In the orcish siege equipment camp you'll find a shining crystal in a barrel. In one of the secret regions there's a Wild Mur'gul that has a chance to drop a golden key. Besides, In the optional quest of helping Katherine on an investigation, you can find several fire elementals in the wood below after killing the lich. The largest one has a chance to drop a golden key as well. You can acquire the golden key from either one.

Chapter Four
No matter if you choose to slay or track the death knights, you'll find a yellow statue with a flowing circle somewhere. Take the crystal with you and enter the circle to get another crystal. Enter a secret region via a rotating way gate, break through Nagas and a huge rock elemental, open an elven gate using the golden key, take the two crystals with you and enter a flowing circle, then the two crystals will combine into one.

Chapter Five
Bring the combined crystal and the Horn of Chimaera to the Chimaera Royal Roost in Grove of the Ancients and receive the task from the king of Chimaera, who asks you to find part of his body. As a supporting role Jone Ridgewell goes into a submap of her memories in Alterac Ruins, she will reach a zombie village in the way. If she manages to kill a crypt lord at the top-left corner before dawn, a bloody key will be dropped. The key is used to open a gate at the bottom-right corner and the creeps there drop the Claws of Chimaera, which should be taken back to reality so that Kastie can find it in Jone's luggage in the main map. Finally take the Horn of Chimaera, the Claws of Chimaera, and the combined crystal to the Chimaera Royal Roost and the whole hidden quest is completed and you receive the Avatar of Chimaera as a reward, which I suggest you just leave it there and never take it up.

As for the artifacts, I would say a couple of them will suffice. You don't have to get everyone of them - It's not easy. However, if you find it interesting and want to take a challenge, the formulations below may help.

Upgrade of Astral Feather
Astral Feather Lv1 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv2
Astral Feather Lv2 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv3
Astral Feather Lv3 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv4
Astral Feather Lv4 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv5
Astral Feather Lv5 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv6
Astral Feather Lv6 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv7
Astral Feather Lv7 + Hair of Malorne = Astral Feather Lv8

Upgrade of Traditional Elven Costume
Traditional Elven Costume Lv1 + Hair of Malorne = Traditional Elven Costume Lv2
Traditional Elven Costume Lv2 + Hair of Malorne = Traditional Elven Costume Lv3
Traditional Elven Costume Lv3 + Hair of Malorne = Traditional Elven Costume Lv4
Traditional Elven Costume Lv4 + Hair of Malorne = Traditional Elven Costume Lv5
Traditional Elven Costume Lv5 + Hair of Malorne = Traditional Elven Costume Lv6
Traditional Elven Costume Lv6 + Hair of Malorne = Traditional Elven Costume Lv7

Attire
Traditional Pandaren Costume + Traditional Elven Costume Lv1 = Ancient Costume
Gloves of Haste + Claws of Attack + Synthesis Stone Lv1 = Gauntlet of Flame
Hiking Boots + Scroll of Speed + Synthesis Stone Lv1 = Boots of Dynamic
Flag of Freedom + Shroud + Water of Ashenvale = Merin's Mantle
Silver Hand Surcoat + Shroud + Blessing of Holy Light = Silver Hand Standard

Earth Series
Magnet + Epigraphy of Earth = Wordless Stone
Wordless Stone + Magnet + Stone of Earth + Synthesis Stone Lv2 = Stone of Gravity
Stone of Gravity + Stone of Earth + Synthesis Stone Lv3 = Stone of Weight

Water Series
Dew Container + Hemostatic Herb = Pearl of Water Spirit
Pearl of Water Spirit + Wand + Synthesis Stone Lv2 = Wand of Water Spirit Lv1
Pearl of Water Spirit + Scroll of Mana = Scroll of Water
Wand of Water Spirit Lv1 + Scroll of Water = Wand of Water Spirit Lv2
Wand of Water Spirit Lv2 + Soul of the Sea + Legendary Synthesis Stone = Wand of the Sea

Wind Series
Damaged Talisman + Essence of Wind = Talisman of Wind Lv1
Talisman of Wind Lv1 + Essence of Wind + Synthesis Stone Lv1 = Talisman of Wind Lv2
Talisman of Wind Lv2 + Essence of Wind + Synthesis Stone Lv2 = Talisman of Wind Lv3
Talisman of Wind Lv3 + Essence of Wind + Synthesis Stone Lv3 = Talisman of High Wind

Fire Series
Flintstone + Orb of Fire + Synthesis Stone Lv1 = Stone of Fire
Stone of Fire + Epigraphy of Earth = Stone of Lava

Heart of the Land
Half of Heart of the Land + Other Half of Heart of the Land = Heart of the Land Asleep
Heart of the Land Asleep + Stone of Weight + Stone of Lava + Legendary Synthesis Stone = Heart of the Land

Frigid Series
Dew Container + Quick Freezing Ice = Freezing Mixture
Frigid Series + Potion of Healing + Potion of Mana = Frost Crystal
Orb of Frost + Scroll of Mana = Scroll of Ice
Enchanted Shield + Scroll of Ice = Shield of Frost
Shield of Frost + Frost Crystal + Legendary Synthesis Stone = Frigid Nightmare

Lewt
Ironwood Branch + Orb of Venom = Envenomed Branch
Envenomed Branch + Club + Synthesis Stone Lv2 = Strange Weapon

Others
Shining Crystal + Angular Shining Crystal = Smooth Integrate Crystal
Empty Sandglass + Sand of Time x 2 = Full Sandglass
Sting of Tentacle x 7 = Sting of the Old Gods

Keywords:
Night Elf, Sentinel, Ashenvale, RPG
Contents

The Road of Destiny <I> (Campaign)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 20:50, 10th May 2015 Map Moderated - The Road to Destiny <I> Comment - Sclammerz' Review Verdict - Approved, 4/5 Other [TR]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap Reviewers Description Tutorials
Level 1
Hi, I am just going through the map, and I wanted to ask a question since I like to plan things ahead. How many total legendary synthesis stones are there? Is there enough for all items, or do we have to choose?

Level 3
Hi, I am just going through the map, and I wanted to ask a question since I like to plan things ahead. How many total legendary synthesis stones are there? Is there enough for all items, or do we have to choose?
There are 3 in total but one is hard to obtain (orc shaman hero, dont remember his name). Later you can buy them in shop (last mission)

Level 1
There are 3 in total but one is hard to obtain (orc shaman hero, dont remember his name). Later you can buy them in shop (last mission)

Thanks for the quick reply. One more question if you don't mind.

Is the drop rate of the "Epigraphy of Earth" random or determined? Cause I found only 1 by the end of chapter 3

Level 3
Thanks for the quick reply. One more question if you don't mind.

Is the drop rate of the "Epigraphy of Earth" random or determined? Cause I found only 1 by the end of chapter 3
Yeah, its quite difficult to obtain, but it is possible right in chapter one. Earth golem in bottom right part of map has chance to drop stone of earth or epigraphy of earth. I recommend to save before killing him and wait for epigraphy of earth, because its really difficult to obtain. And stone golems are really helpful in first chapters. I even recommend finishing earth series lvl 2 as you get 1 lvl2 synthesis stone in chapter 1.

Level 1
Hey, I just want to say that this campaign was great, loved every chapter. Does anyone know if the 2nd part is coming out? This is one of the best campaigns that have played.

Thanks in advance

Level 3
Hey, I just want to say that this campaign was great, loved every chapter. Does anyone know if the 2nd part is coming out? This is one of the best campaigns that have played.

Thanks in advance
The second part is still under developing, that's all I can say for certain. There has been a lot rumors about when it will be released, some said that it likely will be during the coming Chinese new year, though I suggest better prepare yourself for even longer.

Level 8
The second part is still under developing, that's all I can say for certain. There has been a lot rumors about when it will be released, some said that it likely will be during the coming Chinese new year, though I suggest better prepare yourself for even longer.
Any idea of how long maybe it'll be? 5 chapters like this part?

Level 3
Some news about sequel: Kastie is still one of the main character. Another few main characters will be Brann, Cindra and a new character called Isana(I suppose this is the way to translate it).
All I can say about Isana so far is that she's a warden, a typical warden, which means she's sort of like Maiev(if not exactly like Maiev), and like Maiev she had "something"(can't explain in detail) with a demon hunter.
1.png

(from left to right: Cindra, Isana and Kastie)
2.png

Kastie: the situation of the war is worrisome, if Shandris has not been so full of herself the orcs would've never come so far, I just hope we won't run into anymore of those barbarians.(Basically meaning is like this)
3.png

Isana: What exactly is your relationship with Shandris? I heard she has a very disobedient little sister.
4.png

Cindra: Can we please talk about something more important? Just look at this place, we have to deal with Twilight's Hammer and the Orcs all at the same time and here you are talk about "relationship"?
5.png

Kastie: You will do well to remeber, warden, that I'm a sentinel who have slayed countless enemies of the Kaldorei while all you have done was point your moonblade at your own kin.
7.png

Isana: Oh great, should I remind you of how your Tyrande have not only ignored the law, killed fellow Kaldorei and most importantly released the most dangerous criminal in the world and let him massacared Auberdine?

Can't say anymore, so far the campaign is still under developing, no idea when will it be officailly released.

Level 8
Some news about sequel: Kastie is still one of the main character. Another few main characters will be Brann, Cindra and a new character called Isana(I suppose this is the way to translate it).
All I can say about Isana so far is that she's a warden, a typical warden, which means she's sort of like Maiev(if not exactly like Maiev), and like Maiev she had "something"(can't explain in detail) with a demon hunter.
View attachment 343347
View attachment 343348
Kastie: the situation of the war is worrisome, if Shandris has not been so full of herself the orcs would've never come so far, I just hope we won't run into anymore of those barbarians.(Basically meaning is like this)
View attachment 343349
Isana: What exactly is your relationship with Shandris? I heard she has a very disobedient little sister.
View attachment 343350
Cindra: Can we please talk about something more important? Just look at this place, we have to deal with Twilight's Hammer and the Orcs all at the same time and here you are talk about "relationship"?View attachment 343351
Kastie: You will do well to remeber, warden, that I'm a sentinel who have slayed countless enemies of the Kaldorei while all you have done was point your moonblade at your own kin.
View attachment 343352
Isana: Oh great, should I remind you of how your Tyrande have not only ignored the law, killed fellow Kaldorei and most importantly released the most dangerous criminal in the world and let him massacared Auberdine?

Can't say anymore, so far the campaign is still under developing, no idea when will it be officailly released.

Thanks for bringing these news to us, I almost forgot about the sequel, it seems to be good, hope they can give an expected date anytime.

Level 5
Level 3
Level 8
Last edited:
Level 3
Level 3
Finally i finish this map.. It's totally awesome and almost make me cry for the story. I'm curious what will happen next.. How Kastie got the bomb.. How Kastie meet undead Sarah and Katherine follow her in order to know the reason of Kastie behaviour i look forward for next kastie story

Level 1
hi, at the first chapter there's a panda that gives you a backpack or something, i clicked the item and clicked on another item and it disappeared, I'm in chapter 4 now and have so many items scattered around the map, the boxes at the base are too far away for me to keep going back and forth and they only have 12 slots, was that item in the first chapter important? was is a backpack like in the chosen ones or something? because i really need something like that

Level 3
hi, at the first chapter there's a panda that gives you a backpack or something, i clicked the item and clicked on another item and it disappeared, I'm in chapter 4 now and have so many items scattered around the map, the boxes at the base are too far away for me to keep going back and forth and they only have 12 slots, was that item in the first chapter important? was is a backpack like in the chosen ones or something? because i really need something like that

The backpack(Ancient Costume) is Unique Items that been made from Night elf and Pandaria Tradisional Costume i never use it on other items except for the night elf costume. and about the items in ch.4 you should keep it what you need or send it to your boxes for later use.

Level 1
I have addicted with this campaign and already complete whole chapters after through hard time beating the councilor, i want to ask where is the Avatar of chimaera? I can't find it everywhere please tell me and what use of "strange weapon"?

Level 3
Yes, its one of the most important items, it gives you additional 4 item slots

Level 2
I wish I knew the items I put on Collubry during the Ghosts quest wouldn't be returned to me. My fully upgraded backpack is stuck in her inventory and I can't get it back. I gave her some items so she could help take down the ghosts faster and tank their damage. I wish you added a crate called "Collubry's Luggage" so I can access these items or allowed me to control Collubry so I can take those items out. That being said, I don't quite understand why Kastie needed Collubry's help in this quest.

Level 16
One of the best campaigns I've ever played. Can't wait for the optimized version and RoD 2. Also, otp is Paris and Kastie. Really wish it will become official in RoD2. :vw_love:

Level 3
Sorry guys, a piece of bad news, but the group that works together to create The Road of Destiny 2 has disbanded. I only saw their announcements on Chinese website Bilibili recently, and honestly, even after that I still don't entirely know what the hell happened. Since I'm not one of that creating group, I can only presume from the content of their announcements that the creators have some serious disagreement with Farewell Godot, so much so that they decide to not work with him anymore.
Here are the links of those two announcements. I know, you guys most likely won't be able to read Chinese, but should you find some way to understand them, they could at least tell you what's going on.

关于命运之路II团队解散的通告

魔兽战役命运之路II团队为何解散?三年隐忍只换来作品的夭折?揭秘再见戈多真实面貌!

Level 5
Sorry guys, a piece of bad news, but the group that works together to create The Road of Destiny 2 has disbanded. I only saw their announcements on Chinese website Bilibili recently, and honestly, even after that I still don't entirely know what the hell happened. Since I'm not one of that creating group, I can only presume from the content of their announcements that the creators have some serious disagreement with Farewell Godot, so much so that they decide to not work with him anymore.
Here are the links of those two announcements. I know, you guys most likely won't be able to read Chinese, but should you find some way to understand them, they could at least tell you what's going on.

关于命运之路II团队解散的通告

魔兽战役命运之路II团队为何解散?三年隐忍只换来作品的夭折?揭秘再见戈多真实面貌!

It seems that finally someone noticed that, I’ll tell you what happened.

In a nutshell it is the moral corruption of Farewell Godot that leads to the disbandment of the studio. During the production of Road of Destiny II Farewell Godot were slack in work and treated his team members rudely. At present, Road of Destiny II has 6 chapters, which took another creator called Twice Upon a Memory approximately 3000 hours to make. (The announcements were also written by him by the way.) Nevertheless, the contribution of Farewell Godot is so negligible that he only spent less than 30 hours on making the campaign last year. He even claimed that he would not do his part until the amount of tip from players reached 40000 yuan, and that is totally intolerable.

After the announcement Farewell Godot acted like a lunatic that anyone who raised an objection to his behaviors received verbal abuse from him. Now Farewell Godot is forsaken and strongly boycotted by his cooperators and Chinese players. Twice Upon a Memory will still release the current version of Road of Destiny II and he does have the ability to finish it. However, the script and the copyrights are still in the hands of Farewell Godot so the complete sequel will never be made.

Level 4
I dont know how start my experience with this, I will take separated topics:

1. Maps and landscapes: 6/5, flawless, 1st map its beyond godlike in this aspect
2. Music: 5/5. Its so nice, even we can change it in map 5 in the bard area.
3. Story: 4/5. Its pretty good, but too long extended at some points and there is no chance to skip it, even we need to repeat a lot of things because a lot of quest demands right order (arbitrarily), or we left a very important item back, so we need to see again same cinematics and dialogs.
4. Items: 4/5. The item's system its pretty good, but very unbalanced, and there is no idea or clue about we could get, not even here in the description of map. Earth series its 10 times better than Heart of the Land, that doesnt make sense, Wind series not worth at all, even its very hard to get, and about "Lewt" no comments... Flag of Freedom and Silver Hand Surcoat are finished for just 1 fight, next we dont have space on Kastie.
4. Gameplay: 3/5. Lack of dynamic backpacks its a thing, everyone here complaining about that, save/reload until you get right item its awful, and what about the chimeras item, wtf, a lot of things, we finally have it after a lot of effort, though we cant use it

But for me, my experience was totally ruined on last map of campaign, I killed the Spike of Dead. Then realized that I need an item that doesnt give anything like fragment of times, ok, i thought: I will pick all of those pieces that I left in previous island, but no, I couldnt because after the boss fight, we cant use the boat again, wtf. Ok, repeat... After killed Spike of Dead, I went forward and killed the Shadow Councilor, and again!! I needed to have the fragments of time on boss area, because there was a barrier active for no reason after killed boss, that didnt allow me to go back for that item, BUT WHY???? why again the author wants to spent a usable space of our inventory in a useless item, even we are losing 1 slot because the bow its just tooooo bad, I mean you only can access to 1 skill at time, its always in cooldown, and even in level 8, the only 2 good skills are the mana one and the 40% attack speed (that you get on level 2 of bow), even we got another hero, but guess what, she hasnt inventory. And the worst part its about we tried so hard for items all campaign, but in last map we cant access to our stash, wtf??? I stoped after killed the Shadow Councilor 2nd time, no more of this pain. I went to the jayborino videos watched the very bugged fight against Collubry and I decided not to finish this campaign.

I did unsuccessfully 3 times the Jone's submap, until I realized that I needed to do 1st the Paris' submap, but again, WHY??? The amount of time invested on boat system in ch 5 its stupid, we could be the ones that control it and we could check for unexplored parts or whatever, I want to play and be active, no waiting for bell to let me continue. Ok finally I needed 40 saves files for this campaign, because the risk of lost anything in previous stages its always on.

Last edited:
Level 13
After 2 weeks of walking and a lot of save/load, I finally managed to finish this "miracle". My path was pretty straightforward as I was able to find all the "visible" quests and some of the hidden ones. This game is definitely for die-hard fans of the RPG genre.
Here are some things that NON-RPG fans will find useful:

- Game Difficulty: Easy until the last map and especially the Mountain of Time. Here the game ends and several not very difficult but quite challenging and time-consuming challenges and Bosses await you.

- Items: A lot! Don't waste your time making Legendary Items because when you reach the mountain the only benefit they will have will be to increase your Strength, Agility and Intelligence. On top of that you only have 5 item slots i.e. 4 (maybe 3) because you always need 1 free Quest Item slot. Choosing what to keep is difficult. Being able to summon units would make it a lot easier before and when you reach the Mountain of Time. For this, the most important are: Soul of the Sea, Stone of Weight and Stone of Lava. To have numerical superiority and good protection, always carry the first two (minimum).

And one more thing: If you want to keep an item, always keep it close to you, i.e. both you and the items must be on the same island. So even if a wall pops up to prevent you from going back (or the boat disappears), just keep going and when you do what you need to do, the wall will disappear and you'll have access to the items you left behind.

Quests: If you complete a quest before you have officially received it, don't freak out - that's normal, you've received your reward for it and if you don't want to complete it a second time by seeing the " ! " sign above a character whose quest you know you are completed do not go to him anymore - you will waste time and still get the same reward. This applies mostly to the last map.

Everything about the game is well done but it's not my type of RPG. v.1.27 is a good choice for a smooth game.

Level 26
View attachment 343347
View attachment 343348
View attachment 343349
View attachment 343350
Cindra: Can we please talk about something more important? Just look at this place, we have to deal with Twilight's Hammer and the Orcs all at the same time and here you are talk about "relationship"?View attachment 343351
View attachment 343352

They are making it for Reforged, aren't they?...

Level 5
They are making it for Reforged, aren't they?...
This isn't true, Reforged was not even released when the sequel was initiated. It is developed under 1.24e and works fine with 1.27b at most. Although the project is closed you can still consider it done. Hopefully some able people can translate the sequel and share it on this site.

Level 28
Hello everyone! Does this work on 1.27? thanks!
According to the various comments, this campaign is still playable on 1.27b (despite it's originally made on 1.24).

Unfortunately, the original author doesn't provide a big updates for this campaign. The project was closed for a long time ago, just before the Reforged had gone gold. Not to mention, this campaign was made in Chinese, which, as far as I know, has a lot of localization issues when you attempt to play on the language other than English.