• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Rateing System... No More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1) Why was the rating system removed?

2) Why do many people consider that a good thing?

I think the reason was because the mods did not like the way the people were voting; there way or no way. I should write an article or something on moderators...

Level 11
The rating system was removed and I'm glad it was. Wanna find out why? Because it was causing too many disputes and because too many were using it in a negative way. Sucky spells were receiving 5/5 while good ones (even excellent ones) got a 1/5. Its useless. Too many people abused from it.

And moreover, we almost lost Vexorian because of the rating system. And that's not a normal thing. Conclusion? The best thing to do was to remove it...

~Daelin

Level 7
To tell you the truth, I was seeing the opposit - too few rateings and many posts.

But ya if you got a bunch of morons that know zip about anything than its bye bye rateing system.

Or, why not just let mods and admins rate things?

Level 10
well I for one am glad the systems gone, like Vex said, people started acting stupid with it, giving various ratings for no reason and such, I usually only gave 5/5s cause it was a model I was looking for and in my opinion was very well done. I don't really mind the rating without comments but it's rating with stupid comments that makes me angry "1/5 because it's not what I was looking for" and stuff like that... It gets annoying.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I thought that the rating should be removed. And, as VGsatomi and Daelin said, we almost lost Vexorian; someone rated a 1/5 in an excellent work of Vexorian, and that made him veeery angry...
In fact I wonder if people really knew how to use it... could think that 1 = first place lol....

-Rui

Level 22
As far as Director's Choice and maps, I simply don't have the time to play all 3000 maps we have. I do download a great and large number of them, but far from all. I donwload the ones that look good and award the ones that are exceedinly good (that I come across). Thats why I say if any of you come across a really nice map, PM me about it and I'll take a look....just dont reccomend your own...I want unbias opinions.
-VGsatomi

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Ok VGsatomi, I have a map that I will finish soon, its Ring Wars; BFME and War of the Third Age type, but it's really warcraft, because I thought that with so many new maps the people had forgotten the true Warcraft 3 World.
Ah, and my terrain owns :D

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.