• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The old staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I have always been wondering who were the old staff (like ~Void~,Wolverabid and others) and what made them leave the Hive?

I haven't come in contact with a lot of them but i heard a lot of good stuff about some and yet i haven't ever heard a reason of their departure or why/if they were banned.

I would like to know this since it is a part of THW history and if i posted this in the wrong section, it would be nice of someone to notify me.

Last edited:
Level 22
Ye, MH was banned just like ~Void~.
If I'm not mistaken MH made a thread about how stupid the staff is and that he hates the Hive and has now joined an anti-hive forum. ~Void~ abused his powers and was basically an ass. Wolverabid got some issues in real life and doesn't have time for the hive right now. Dunno about the others.

Mecheon was also a very useful moderator, because he has the balls to enforce the rules in a strict and assholish way, yet not rule-breaking. Too bad he got inactive though.

Some people resigned (or got demoted) due to one or more of the following:
...have real lives to deal with.
...lack motivation to moderate stuffs (I'm an example of this).
...couldn't co-op with the staff very well.
...abusing the system.
...flaming/insulting.
...inactivity.
...possibly more reasons that I can't think of for the moment.

MasterHaosis, also due to flaming? Not sure.
Haosis was demoted way before he got banned. From what I could remember, he did a horrible job at being a moderator (such as approved a lot of shitty maps, and abused his chat powers).
He got banned due to flaming and insulting the staff when he got neg-repped for encouraging a user (via rep) to harass another user.

Is Ghan still in power?

I think so, and he's still active but I am not sure how much on the hive.

Demoted as a cinematics mod because I was inactive for a while, and I was initially demoted as a map moderator since I was too lazy to review maps. =P

I think most people came off the staff due to inactivity, I think only a select few were banned for things like abusing powers and all that.

Level 19
I think so, and he's still active but I am not sure how much on the hive.

Demoted as a cinematics mod because I was inactive for a while, and I was initially demoted as a map moderator since I was too lazy to review maps. =P

I think most people came off the staff due to inactivity, I think only a select few were banned for things like abusing powers and all that.

Huh, so you're not a moderator anymore? That comes as sort of a surprise. What ever happened to Werewulf or Kimberly (same person) or um.. I can't really remember any of the others right now.

So how did he become a moderator in the first place? :O

i always wondered about that when i read any of his reviews
they usually were something involving "great" and "haha"

gilles is having real life
craka real life/now wow:wc3 although he can tell you more on that
ash real life i think
most of them are pretty much "afk real life"

Level 25
Hm i knew Gilles a bit, but only when it came to Arena questions and issues and he was an ok guy really, i wondered when and how he vanished from the Arena some time ago now.

If you and i are talking about the same Ash, i didn't have a really nice contact with him, i can only remember we had an argue in 1 or 2 of the threads and that is pretty much it :p

I also wondered what hapened and why Frostwhisper was banned(even though he wasn't a moderator) because he had some really nice terrains if i am not mistaken.

Level 25
I seriously can't belive the guy who posted that thread isn't banned while ~Void~ is.

I wonder if that was the only thread that contributed to ~Void~ getting banned, because it would be just wrong if it was so(people tend to break after some time and leash out on someone sometimes, a time for them to cool off should be given).

Level 16
If people are still wondering how ~Void~ got banned, you should read this thread:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/moderators-unfairness-137437/

Read the whole thing. It's hilarious.

That's Destiny.Knight's. Good thing he's "redeemed" now.

From what I heard, Void quit wc3 and wanted to leave the hive, so he flamed Ralle in order to get banned, thus ensuring himself that he wouldn't ever return to the Hive (since well... he couldn't, since he was banned).

Why the F?

Level 25
~Void~: that thread, + flamed Ralle, + Neg repped Ralle = ???
Ash: went Duo apeshit alongside Frostwhisper
Haosis: Went Crazy and started pimping blackmailing other users and shit, got banned for a week, went apeshit, got a perma ban
Gilles: Went around the world in 80 days left for a year (what he said)
Brad: Left for Uni
Mechon: just disappeared
Kimberly: Retired and became My sidekick in the chat (I am the superhero there)
Elenai: Retired, had some problems with the others in the staff, became an old man :p
Pyritie: he is still here, and will always be D: trust me you will leave hive before he does
Dan: Respected user <3 tired old man
Bounty_Hunter2: good ol' map mod, disappeared after leaving moderation for his own personal reasons
Poot: >_< Resigned and left
Firelord213: old map mod, was still one in 2008
Lio: Icon/model mod D: I srs'ly don't remember, retired and less active
A whole bunch of spell mods: they come and leave :p honorable mentions "eccho, Hanky and HVO"
need to know about more old staff members, just ask.

Edit: heh forgot
Xarwin: [16-13-05] Xarwin: Joe-black-5, became gay and left
Zombie/Snap: became chat/icon mod, then resigned <3 helped hive a lot and made Enjoy and Pyra the next icon mods

Level 25
:p
Edit: updated list:
Linaze:Map mod, did a good job, had some staff problems, left
Archian: didn't know a lot about him, created the nightelf theme for the hive, was an admin, tired old man
Samuraid: an old admin also :p known for his invisible name in chat
olofmoleman: hive legend from what I heard, check the model section
Rising Dusk: Whined his way to the staff XD to fix some things in the hive, became an admin, then respected, then a Banned
Wolverabid: Legend also, Real Life problems
Shados: Old Admin, Retired old man that hang in the chat these days
RDZ: Old Chat mod, same as Shados
and lots more

Level 19
:p
Edit: updated list:
Linaze:Map mod, did a good job, had some staff problems, left
Archian: didn't know a lot about him, created the nightelf theme for the hive, was an admin, tired old man
Samuraid: an old admin also :p known for his invisible name in chat
olofmoleman: hive legend from what I heard, check the model section
Rising Dusk: Whined his way to the staff XD to fix some things in the hive, became an admin, then respected, then a Banned
Wolverabid: Legend also, Real Life problems
and lots more
Shados: Old Admin, Retired old man that hang in the chat these days
RDZ: Old Chat mod, same as Shados

Dusk isn't banned. He just pretends he is.

Level 25
EF: old mod, in the chat he banned for anything
most popular one you get banned for is "GUI > Jass"
then disappeared.
when he re-appeared it was the new era of hive
went apeshit in chat and started chasing peons and eating their babies, got banned, came back as "random username" then new chat was implanted, came back as "Evergreen Forest" (and that's today)

Status
Not open for further replies.