• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rate Guild Wars

What Do You Think Of Guild Wars?

• I Love It! Guild Wars Is My Life!!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • It Is Pretty Good Overall

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Meh... Its Ok... Not Special Or Anything

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • It Could Be Worse, Could Have Subscription Fees

• Its Horrible *Puke*

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
How do you like Guild Wars over all?

Personally, I think it is a wonderful game and I like it a lot.

Though I have heard that a lot of people dont call it a MMORPG because of their method of the private map but I think that is a kool aspect of the game.

Sadly though, I have found there is not a lot of role-playing in the game. Not that I would expect much but I wish there was more...

Level 7
I tried it once cause my friend bugged me to play it with him. After a half an hour of trying soooo hard to like it i just couldnt play it anymore. to many aspects of the game sucked to bad for me. but on a more positive note no subscription fees sooooooooo

Level 15
After reading about it, and looking at screens:

I like it, But I like WoW better. Reason, Like Healingpoison siad it could contain more role-playing. You just don't get the feeling of a MMORPG.

I haven't played it yet, so my opinon doesen't really matter

Level 1
I didn't bother to before but I'm going to say why I like it. And kind of in hopes of getting others to give it a shot.. :p

I admit I was a bit skeptical about playing Guild Wars at first a few months ago but I couldn't help liking it after a while. There are so many reasons why I love it now. Here's one: I can understand how some of the aspects would be difficult to get used to for players used to other MMORPGs. The limit of having only 8 skills at any given time, for example, may seem stupid to some people but I think it's an interesting aspect. Reason being that there are so many good skills (over a hundred) per class It seems to be a major turn off for people so I wanted to explain it. Also the aspect of the ability to have a Secondary Profession (subclass) that comes with a hundred more skills in addition to your primary skill set may seem totally absurd when you can only pick 8... lol. A player has to carefully pick the skills from both classes to bring which leaves opportunity for many interesting builds. Most of the time you'll find yourself wishing you could fit in 1 or 2 more skills. It adds to the balance of the game and demands skill to dominate or progress. Call me picky, but I don't really see the skill in simply cycling 30 skills or just spamming 1 or 2 over-powered skills compared to the selection of a well thought out build of 8 skills. Also, the gear you carry with you isn't as important as it is in certain games as long as they're all maxed and properly modded. Overall I think Guild Wars is a well polished game. Anet did a good job(even though it nerfs a lot... :/ heh).

Level 12
The game is very tactical, you need to have the right balance of skills to dominate in pvp. Because, with pvp character most people are gonig to have the same equipment so it comes down your selection of skills. Also, in Rp pvp equipment wont make the much of a difference, it again will depend on your skills.

Level 7
heres why i thought the game sucked.

1. As you just said u can have over 200 abilities. With the relatively bad user interface in the game (i found it clunky, hard to use, and not nearly clear enough) having that many abilities is just a waste. When you have to pick only 8 skills to use at any given time you can spend forever looking through all the skills you got trying to decide which ones you want to use. id much rather be out killing things because i can fit all my skills on the page at once. Plus when you have that many abilities eventually there just repeats of each other. Its not like each one of the 200 abilities is going to be a new one, eventually youll just have 20 different dps abilitys, 20 different direct damage abilities and so on and so forth.

2. As i already mentioned i hated the user interface. I found it clunky, hard to manipulate and very difficult to read and understand everything (a problem i never had with WoW).

3. The graphics in the game i only considered to be mediocre, but honeslty, they were good enough so thats not really an important reason.

4. The quests i thought were difficult to understand what the npc wanted you to do. i thought that finding quests was even harder though.

5. People werent marked clear enough. It was extremely difficult to tell an NPC from a human character in cities and in the massess of NPCs it was hard to find quest givers i thought.

All in all i wouldnt play that game for free much less buy it (seariously, i already found someone that gave me a CD key and the cd so i didnt have to pay a dime for the game).

Level 15
Thats the problem; WoW is as everyone know the ''king'' of MMORPG's. And people who play WoW, and then trys another MMORPG will automaticly find it terrible because it doesen't look and work like they're precius WoW.

As for me, I like Guild Wars. Though there are some things that bug me. The fact that you can't jump, that you can't walk outside cliffs and such, and that there's no enterable houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.