• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guild Wars or Spore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
My birthdays coming up and i have a choice,
Guild Wars or Spore Galactic Edition

I haven't played either of the games, but they both seem really fun,
ill list my opinion on both.
I have however, played the creature creator of spore, that was pretty fun and could keep me occupied if i had enough time.

Guild Wars:
+
-Special Pack, all Guild Wars parts, so i wont be at a disadvantage, ill have all the content from all parts.
-About the same price as spore. :nw:
-MMO, deep and interesting, just what i like.

-
-I get sucked into MMOs and get addicted easily...
-dunno much about the game itself.
-Not sure about the Special Pack, a friend told me about it, i have to check if its really there, if its not, should i get 1-2 parts and if so, which ones?
-None of my friends can get [or want to get GW, so im alone untill i make some allies online]
-I can get WoW for free [and get on a private server]

Spore Galactic Set:
+
-Special Pack, directors content and such. [something like that]
-Massive customization
-Seems really fun to go through all the stages and develop you creature

-
-Very repetitive?
-Seems very simple [but fun, is it a "play once and ur bored of it" type of game?]

I need some help deciding,
any help would be appreciated.

-Cool_is_i

Last edited:
Level 21
Guild Wars is much better, the guild wars production adds more and more pve parts and many pvp parts to the game... if you have really all the parts of Guild Wars you got so much to explore... not comparable to spore...

And the pvp in Guild Wars is really challenging... same for the exploration factor.

Level 12
Even though there are many people that say its boring, there are those that love spore,
so im still on the wall here, im leaning towards spore for these reason:
GW is an mmo, in that genre my freind ca give me WOW for free....
and i need a game to play offline, when i dont have internet, when im utterly bored.

Ill wait for some more time
and try to find out some more

As for strategy games, i love em, i think their interesting in all aspects, but i suck at them... Wc3 Melee for example. [SC2 and DoW2]

oh yeah. audiosurf is really fun. i only got the demo but it was fun enough for me to play through half of my favourite songs.
hmm...what other games have i played?
mark of chaos-campaign=ok, normal play=tranquiliser shot
DoW is pretty good if you have it. lots of mods and expansions
Fallout 3 if you dont have it already. except for few points, its a near masterpiece of a game. too bad the map is so small.

or you could wait for DoW2, SC2(i am not expecting much) or Demigods(look it up. looks pretty cool) or any other games that are out lately.
note to self: must check internet for new games

Level 9
Spore is epic for the first 4 hours... the space stage is incredibly dull and boring and repeats itself... It won't give you the hours of fun one might expect.
Guild Wars will last you solid weeks worth of playtime, honestly - there is an ongoing storyline and you get to interact with others =)
So for something that lasts, buy guild wars
(i have both)

Level 7
Well that's your oppinion :p
Anyways, I got some friends that plays GW, and they say it's quite intertaining.
Don't know any details 'bout it though :p

Level 34
How is GW anyway?
is is one massive world? or is it just parts?
what else can u you in Gw other than quest and grind?

and yea Dota=Boring :p
GW is oriented around groups and guilds. The cities are the only place you can meet people, traveling outside cities is like going into an instance in WoW. You and your group members are the only people you see.

Level 34
You haven't played Orange Box? Go buy it, it's way better than GW or Spore.
Valve is the shit, as a rule, basically buy anything they make.

Level 19
Well in my opinion, they both kinda suck, Spore gets very boring, its far too simplified and aimed at a casual audience. Read my, and others, reviews of it here.
Guild Wars, now this ISNT A FREAKING MMO!!! Sure, the PvP is good and there is a large community, but when doing PvE, there are no other people there, it is all instanced, and this sucks.
What you should get really depends on what kind of person you are, if you enjoy creating and customizations, definitely get Spore, but if you are more of a competitive type, get GW and make a PvP character!
Then again, if it were up to me, I wouldn't get either and settle for something else :)

Level 4
AudioSurf - Amazing Music game:Travel the music,Feel the music
Spore - Create your creatures Modeling style then add Skinning then create your cities then worlds and import your models of creatures youve created...(Just like war3)COOLGTA IV - Good grafics(<-- soory i dont know how to write that) Long play never get bored...
Guild Wars - NO COMMENTS....

Level 15
Not so soon, I'm afraid.

The release date of Spore™'s Galactic Adventures™ has been, once again, delayed.

Some said it was supposed to be released on March, then it was changed to May, and now it's June.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well I dont know about Spore .. But I wanted to buy it before it was realeased .. When it was released I didn't care anymore ..

Im playing Guild Wars since 2 Years.. always with some disruptions because I got bored because noone of my Frieds play it.
Later I got to know my current Girlfriend .. She plays GW too and is very good .. But I'm still just playing when she's playing too because without her I have no fun ..

So:
Team up with a friend and play GW :D

Level 10
Guild Wars shits all over WoW and Spore combined. Get Spore if you are a girl, my little sister loves it, get Guild Wars if you like a good MMO. The reason why GW shits all over WoW is because honestly all WoW Players are gay and the quests make you want to smash your face into a wall, it hurts so bad. Every person I know in real life has tried WoW at some point and hates it. Guild Wars however is awesome and it'll take you a fair while to eventually get bored of it (longer if your friends also play it)

Level 5
Guild Wars shits all over WoW and Spore combined. Get Spore if you are a girl, my little sister loves it, get Guild Wars if you like a good MMO. The reason why GW shits all over WoW is because honestly all WoW Players are gay and the quests make you want to smash your face into a wall, it hurts so bad. Every person I know in real life has tried WoW at some point and hates it. Guild Wars however is awesome and it'll take you a fair while to eventually get bored of it (longer if your friends also play it)
lol gw sucks so much
1. if you start and have no irl friends playing it then it is really hard to do something with other people.... or meet some while you lvl fx your in a stand alone world on gw but on wow your can meet people when you lvl...
2. guild wars graphic are better than wow graphic but that is not worth it...
3. spells you cant have them in a action bar like in wow.. which i think sucks...
4. lvl 20 is max level which sucks alot... wow max lvl is 80...
5. questes in gw are really extremly boring... wow questes yes start questes are boring if always start new and go over them again and again and so on.....

Level 4
1. if you start and have no irl friends playing it then it is really hard to do something with other people.... or meet some while you lvl fx your in a stand alone world on gw but on wow your can meet people when you lvl...

You can have a lot fun with the people in town.. Sometimes its really funny and you still can go outside with them..

2. guild wars graphic are better than wow graphic but that is not worth it...

Yes... Guild Wars Graphic is better because its not made for making people addicted to the Game.. Which WoW's Graphic probably is..

3. spells you cant have them in a action bar like in wow.. which i think sucks...

You CAN have them in a Action bar.. But this Bar is limited because with more slots it would get some Uber Spell combinations...

4. lvl 20 is max level which sucks alot... wow max lvl is 80...

Yeah .. LVL 20 is MAX lvl But you still can get Skillpoints after lvl 20 .. Which takes rly long to get them ..

5. questes in gw are really extremly boring... wow questes yes start questes are boring if always start new and go over them again and again and so on.....

I rly cant understand the sence of THIS sentence.

Level 5
You can have a lot fun with the people in town.. Sometimes its really funny and you still can go outside with them..

Yes... Guild Wars Graphic is better because its not made for making people addicted to the Game.. Which WoW's Graphic probably is..

You CAN have them in a Action bar.. But this Bar is limited because with more slots it would get some Uber Spell combinations...

Yeah .. LVL 20 is MAX lvl But you still can get Skillpoints after lvl 20 .. Which takes rly long to get them ..

I rly cant understand the sence of THIS sentence.
how does wow graphi cmake you addicted to it???
no it is not that fun in the towns because the chances of meeting someone to lvl with are quite low..
no you cant really get that uber spell combinations and the one action bar makes it extremely annoying to use hp pots and mana pots...
+ wow got raids which gw doesnt really
+ wow also have a sort of auction house that you can make profits from i am able to start with fx 5g 1 hour later i got 50g for example...
so wow is imba and gw sucks... horrible :mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:

Level 4
how does wow graphi cmake you addicted to it???
Never mentioned that WoW has a special Graphic?.. did you see something like that in a MMORPG before ? It's different...

no it is not that fun in the towns because the chances of meeting someone to lvl with are quite low..
You still can have fun without leveling you char .. Jokling around with the people in town .. thats really fun .. and you, as a low level still can go level with a lvl18 guy..

no you cant really get that uber spell combinations and the one action bar makes it extremely annoying to use hp pots and mana pots...
you CAN .. If you can think strategic you can get a combination that you dont get any damage and so on..
btw: you never played GW, did you ?
There are no HP pots..
It's really annoying that people talk about a Game like that even if they never played that... thats just... foolish

+ wow got raids which gw doesnt really
+ wow also have a sort of auction house that you can make profits from i am able to start with fx 5g 1 hour later i got 50g for example...
I think there are something like "raids".. But Im not that far right now..
if not, you still have the Guild "Wars" which are very nice, especially if you take some time to form the perfect group..
The PVP in GW is very nice.. because you have to think which spells can cause what and so on ..
for Example you can base a "Mesmer" on canceling other players spells..
or make him deal alot of damage

so wow is imba and gw sucks... horrible :mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:
Just because YOU think wow is better than Gw it does not suck..
if it WOULD suck Noone would play it so please stop insulting games o_O

Level 5
yes i have played GW i think it suck and pretty much everybody i know think it sucks i had 1 lvl 20 it was not fun at all... yes the pvp in GW is okay but i prefer wow pvp since they have some good pvps

Status
Not open for further replies.