• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Old horde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
well considering that warlocks are powerful. all power comes at a price minus natural magic because its natural. warlock magic takes away from the soul and you need to have the will it also must be that all warlock powers are bariganed for, minus daemons of course because they are the contractors. Also all Shamans ask nature for abilities, their are 5 spirits. Water, Earth, Wind, Fire and Wild, unlike warlocks who do not ask for it, they have the power to do it, but it matters on their will power and their mind in order for it to be powerful enough.

Level 21
Yea but it is most similar. They still have connections with Trolls, Ogress, Goblins and Dragons.

Also when we say old Horde I always think of Clans in Azeroth during the first and second war. Those who were still on dreanor were kinda independent. Fel Horde is mostly orcs that were unlucky to remain in outland.

Level 8
The Old horde fractured into two parts after the war, the northern hordes which were imprisoned by the alliance. Later this split even further into the blackrock group which still believed in the demonic ways and the new horde [thralls horde] which believed in the old ways and wanted freedom.

The other part was still called the old horde for a while until it was renamed the dark horde. this was rend, main and any other chieftans still left in azeroth after the first closing of the portal. Also after the second closing even more clans joined the old/dark horde. But really they don't believe in demons more such in nefurian the evil black dragon.

Another unknown but very much alive horde was the fel horde. These were orc survivers from the shattering of draenor that had direct interaction with a great demon [such as a pit lord, magtheridon] and drank its blood.

Hope that answers your questions ^^. BTW I'm lev and new to this lore section but very much love warcraft lore :D

Level 21
That's even better then in wiki because the didn't remember orcs from Human and Undead missions.

Also isn't dark horde ruled by Rend because his brother died and is Blackrock clan despite them being killed up north and that Rend is from Black Grin tooth clan.

And welcome to the group.

Level 8
BTG is controlled by rend and main so it merged with blackrock to make dark horde? Theres also frostwolf and warsong but they both left. BTW what's thralls clan called, or is it just thralls horde? I don't think its frostwolf even though it should be Thralls cause of inheritance.

There are two blackrock clans or even three. The first is the northern survivers which fought for freedom but ultimately as i mentioned before now serve the legion. The second are the ones to south but they're more other clans claiming the blackrock legacy, the true blackrock clan is thrall which can be argumented that he is actually leader of the blackrock since doomhammer passed the title on to him. So thrall could be leader of the blackrock clan but that just doesnt seem right ? :/

Level 23
Actually Thrall's Horde is Horde. It is made out of Warsong, Frostwolf, Shattered Hand, Burning Blade and members of some other clans.

Actually he isnt. Blackrock clan was destroyed and the remnants became the Blackrock Clan in Alterac and the ones in Azeroth. Some of them however joined Thrall later. When Doomhammer joined Thrall he had no clan and he still had the title Warchief, so he passed the Warchief titale, not chieftain title.

Level 5
in the books Doomhammer didnt disappear it said he was defeated by Turalyon after Lothars death and he was on his way to Lordaeron...im not sure but i think also somewhere something is stated that he gets freed from that caravan by orcs...not sure though...any thoughts?

Level 8
I don't think they would 'show' him to the people. I believe he managed to escaped after being detained? Maybe by Grom? But that wouldn't make sense actually since he would be held in the utmost highest security camp. Poor doomhammer he doesn't deserve this ):

Level 8
"You will stand trial for your crimes. You will stand in Capital City, in chains as the leaders of the Alliance decide your fate, and there you will acknowledge your full defeat. But you will not be so lucky. You will die here, with the rest of your kind, and this world will be rid of your taint forever!" Turalyon, High General of the Alliance of Lordaeron.

I was half wrong, they didn't show him to the people but kept him in chains in the imperial court most likely infront of the alliance leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.