• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oasis

Reactions: deepstrasz
The Oasis
icons_672_btn.jpg
Map Description:
Barrens tileset gives desert and lowland savanna theme feeling. In the middle of the map lays a water pool. Which gives the map its name, The Oasis. Map presents many variation creeps and neutral buildings. Updated to the last melee map version. The map layout allows to attack straight to the enemy base or through the extended gold mine ways. In a long gameplay way you can also destroy trees to get right to the side of enemy bases. Have fun playing The Oasis. Rate and comment, feedback is welcome.

8d107af4e85b14220113fee8f89af417_66175.jpg
d1b3a7ba77128af415ceaca20f4beb4e_66176.jpg

Bigger size images can be found in my album. Icons by Blizzard.
icons_650_btn.jpg
Change Log
• Uploaded
• Update I

- Removed gates
- Edited Item Drops
- Edited Creep Camps
- Updated to Last Version
• Update I
- Improved Description

icons_602_btn.jpg
Information
• Creep Camps
- 2 Green Camps
- 8 Orange Camps
- 1 Red Camp
• Neutral Buildings
- 4 Gold Mines
- 2 Goblin Laboratories
- 1 Fountain of Mana

Keywords:
Barrens, Oasis, Desert, Harpies, Centaur, Remixer, Melee, 1v1
Contents

The Oasis (Map)

Reviews
Approved - In need for more melee maps? then quench your thirst with this another impact to the melee files!The Oasis (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter...

M

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/albumpictures/65/1a741fbdfbc324e088ae4b7bdf7e6a25_65137.gif?dl=1358781786[/img] ORCNET
e77c6657476df417bcaadf9b0c3e54dc_65139.gif
3fe07659409310e48ede67d4cbe8d699_65138.gif

Comment

Review

Version

Approved
thumbsup1.gif
- In need for more melee maps? then quench your thirst with this another impact to the melee files!
The Oasis (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The Oasis" is a melee map made to be an additional package to the previous blizzard melee maps. The game is set up for 2 players only and the map mirrored according to its counter part.

"the map is mirrored well and a sufficed space for each team's base, the creep difficulty is well defined for a 1v1 game which is a good go but I don't like the idea of letting the thunderlizard camp to be hidden in the trees to make it special since their level is compared to the quilboars guarding the goblin laboratory so its better if you can give a gate way for them to pass into."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is decent but the trees in the cliffs doesn't look good, how about remove them all and add a different decor? more like those barren spikes or some rocks to cover the cliff's walkable area."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"This is a good additional for the melee world and well suited for those who want to play this for a 1 one 1 gaming, but to sum up some changes, remove the iron gate in each expansion there so useless in the map, if there would be a gate blocking the inner crest of the gold mine then how come there is a another way to pass in? so remove it since I can just cut my way or bombard the trees that makes the wall-like debris for the gate, another is those neutral passive wandering around the map, reduce those pigs there's too much of them going willy nilly in-game, and lastly fix the face value of the thunderlizard's camp one of them the 'lightning lizard' is not formatted with the others so arrange them accordingly overall its good and I hope you fix them from your next update."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C
V?.?
b98eac199f32818d861dc8eadf7b5483_64851.gif

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet
- has reviewed map upload as of Jan 20, 2013

Level 18
Love the concept!
I got some suggestions:
_fix item drops, make them balanced in relation to the creep level/difficulty
_no tavern, but it's ok, the fountain is good
_Remove the gates
_what about making the mid creep camp an orange one, and the two thunder lizard camps, the ones isolated, red ones?
_some terrain improvements in some parts would be nice, but the general gameplay (exept for items) is good
_I didn't check, but have you changed in the map options the patch used to "last patch"?

Level 13
the good
sufficient creeps, space, and resources for a solid game.
terrain looks good

the bad
-miscellaneous item drops off of harpies in the center. In general, miscellaneous items are a no-no for melee games.
-miscellaneous item drops off centaurs near starting locations
-too many of the creep camps are of orange difficulty.
-guarded tavern

the quirks
-drops in general are too powerful, but balanced so it isn't a big deal
-yellow creep cramp cut off by trees. No one is likely to attack it.
-artifact items dropping off a yellow-difficulty creep camp.

suggestions
none

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I think ground units or units with Ensnare, Sleep or the like would suit better near the Tavern to make the players opt for neutral heroes in mid game.

I don't know if the Goblin Laboratory is fit for such a small map.