• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oasis

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: twojstaryjakcie
1 Vs 1 Map

I've Chosen Barrens As My Place For This Map

In This Map You Must Train Army Quickly Because The Enemy Is Near You.

Also There Is Hostile Units Near Your Base.

Any comment, feedback, suggestion, critic will be welcome.

So Tell Me What U Think ;)
Previews
Contents

The Oasis (Map)

Reviews
twojstaryjakcie
The map is lacking in pretty much every aspect, description included. In spite of trying, I can't find any redeeming qualities of this resource. Visuals of the map are incredibly underwhelming - some random doodads scattered around the map, almost...
Level 8
The map is lacking in pretty much every aspect, description included. In spite of trying, I can't find any redeeming qualities of this resource.

Visuals of the map are incredibly underwhelming - some random doodads scattered around the map, almost entirely flat terrain and squarish yet assymetrical design which not only looks unappealing, but also hinders the map's gameplay value.

Balancewise, the creep camp placement seems completely random, distance to the Fountain of Life is unequal for players and there's no possibility of realistically walling off in the early stages of the game due to the lack of trees, making the starting locations open and vulnerable to any form of harass.

The main picture in the description doesn't represent anything that this map offers - as far as I'm concerned, it's just a screenshot taken from World of Warcraft. It's misleading and should be removed. The desciption itself doesn't hold any useful information about the map, such as neutral buildings on the map, number of green, orange and red camps and so on. Also, as MysteryMaze stated, the tag for this map should be Melee, not Melee and Altered Melee at the same time.

This is an extremely simple map and from what I gather, you are new to Hive. Therefore, I recommend you use the links I provided below in order to learn more about both map submission and creating a proper melee map.
Map Submission Rules
How to create Melee Maps
Competitive Melee