• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The meaning of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Yep you heard it, it's time for one more of my rubbish threads

what is the meaning of life?

I've already got an answer I'm satisfied with but I want to hear what you guys think.

what do you guys think?

Level 19
according to my farther the meaning of life is to work

I could just shot myself hearing that.

sex doesn't sound like a better alternative

being happy is ok but kinda pointless at the same time

according to my farther the meaning of life is to work
we are not slaves.

sex doesn't sound like a better alternative
I don't know what Mr. Chiang thinks, perhaps it's his philosophy or religion or something... But it just feels so good.

being happy is ok but kinda pointless at the same time
Being happy not only feels good, but it also makes you satisfied. Helping others (thus enhancing living of other humans and thus entire human race) not only makes you happier, but others will be happy too and you forge friendships in the process. Others will help you when you're in need, as an act of gratitude.

P.S. @TheLordOfChaos201: What's your viewpoint?

Level 19
nope happiness is pointless because it changes nothing.

hard work builds empires for someone else, with happiness you might as well be a hippy adding nothing to life.

and my viewpoint is the answer, I don't want to corrupt your view points with my possible answer. I want to know your understanding

Level 22
People's emotions play an important role in life as they tend to affect the life of those people greatly. I'm not a psychologist (obviously), but
I always observe things like this. Happiness often (if not always) motivates people to do something positive and to be productive. Not only that, people who are happy usually do their activities much better than those who are not. So it does implicitly change something. It's like a positive buff that boosts your stats in this life game.

At least, that's how I see the importance of emotions (specifically happiness) in life.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
What if I told you that the meaning of life is not something that one person can achieve.
Then there would not be a need for breeding because the first generation of humans would be enough.

My guess is that whatever the human race was made for lies in the future, which means our job is basically to survive until then.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The meaning of life according to the Monty Python

"Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations"

Level 19
according to Naruto's Orochimaru, the meaning of life is to fine meaning in living

he did this by refusing to accept death, go figure the philosopher is a Hippocrate.... lol hipo crate what is that!

Level 11
Maybe the meaning of life for an individual today is to work towards a point in their life where they can meet all of their needs and wants, by having the skills, resources, and motivation to do so, and, as a result, reach a point of self actualization for themselves in their personal life, education, and career.

Level 24
Well, in my view, it's not surviving, rather dying in the right time. The meaning of life, I guess is to live, do things you like be it making you happy or sad, enjoy what there is to enjoy, if there's confidence, create something to enjoy.
The conclusion of it all, is to die, survival only slows it. I always think, "My time is near, I must do what I can.". Sometimes in near death events, "This is it.", but, realize you just don't know when to die.

Level 19
Well, in my view, it's not surviving, rather dying in the right time. The meaning of life, I guess is to live, do things you like be it making you happy or sad, enjoy what there is to enjoy, if there's confidence, create something to enjoy.
The conclusion of it all, is to die, survival only slows it. I always think, "My time is near, I must do what I can.". Sometimes in near death events, "This is it.", but, realize you just don't know when to die.

that is super depressing dude, to be born only to be out back in the ground. that's not life, there is no meaning in that.

I feel like the point of living is to create some significants of a change to the world.

when I was dying of a terminal illness, my only goal in life was to show people what friendship really is. people have such a loose concept of a Friend. most people think a Friend is just someone you hang around for the benefits. which is sad really, if you're in a Friendship where your friends will leave you if you can't offer them anything.... then you haven't impacted many real change in them to make them enjoy you just for you

even if you were blind and couldn't email them or play games together.

even if you were paralysed and couldn't talk

even if you were dead

Level 24
Yes it doesn't, but it's still an adventure (though I think, a boring one), there are dark days, sadness and regrets, but there's also good in it, there's joy and happiness.
"After every storm, there is a rainbow. If you have eyes, you will find it. If you have wisdom, you will create it. If you have love for yourself and others, you won’t need it."
What keeps me up is the words of great men. That keeps me strong in my own meaning of life.

Level 19
The true meaning on life is to get ahead of everyone by stepping on as many people as possible. The more lives you destroy in your wake, the more achieved you really are. The greater the number of your enemies the stronger your will to live. Your life is far more valuable than any other, which is why you must prove this by decimating as many other lives as possible. Thus reaffirming your life's worth by the number taken in it's entirety.

Existence is death! Resistance is futile and persistence is mutual!

Last edited:
Level 28
I'm only here because of Gumball's and Monty Python's references:

the meaning of like according to the wattersons

The meaning of life according to the Monty Python

"Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations"

Still Monty Python has a whole The Meaning of Life movie, I recommend it to everyone in need of enlightment in this subject. It just won't help at all, but that's still a pretty nice movie.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

the meaning of life? simply to die

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

*took a violin and play a sad song

i read it. but i don't base my opinion by it.

Level 19
The meaning of life is not dead.
Not dead or nothing death?

Not dead would imply that you are saying that the meaning of life is not dead as in not forgotten? hmm how can I explain this better...

are you saying that there is still meaning in life?

however if it was a typo, why do you feel death is not the answer?

personally I think 42 sucks as an answer, those immortal kids got ripped off!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Roland

R

Roland

The means of my life is that I want to shoot all of the people I really hate and run them over 50 times till their guts spread in the road...

Just kidding. Life fucking sucks. That's all.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Because reality is too much to bear, is what I was implying. That was the hidden meaning of my answer, which I disguised as another question leading to a kind of circular loop.

To be clear: people prefer to ask the question, and then ignore the answer. Even though they already have the answer deep inside themselves. Or in the three videos I linked to, which very well encompass what has been partly expressed by many in this thread. They also add even more answers btw to unasked questions.

That being said, The Monty Python's answer is much more comfortable to deal with. :xxd:

Last edited:
Level 2
Life has a different meaning for everyone. Personally, I see it as a choice and a decision. You are responsible for whatever choices you have. But, one thing must be sure, you should be happy for that decision you make.

Level 11
The meaning of life is to love the creations of the creator or god,whatever you call him (just dont bind him to religion). Maybe we think too selfishly.
What if you asked yourself what is the meaning of life for the earth,or an animal?
Imagine if you asked someone to show you if god exists,or to show you god.Now think about how your cells know you exist ,even thoug they cant see you,cause they make you up but are aware of that.If they werent aware you would prolly get cancer.Sorry if the last few sentances are off topic.

How life exist on the earth?
Our solar system is spinning:
Solar_sys.jpg

So the planets,meteoroids,comets,meteors,meteorites and asteroids makes circles around the sun(star),and the meteoroids,comets,meteors,meteorites and asteroids are hitting together,and they form a planet.
Every meteoroid,comet,meteor,meteorite or asteroid could contain special minerals like microorganism.
This microorganism could contain good things and bad things,the microorganism which was in the asteroid,which killed all dinosaurs on the earth was a good thing.
The good thing was that this microorganism was something,that allowed the planet earth to create new life,which created us.

This is how life exist on the earth.

Btw. here is the difference between meteoroids,comets,meteors,meteorites and asteroids:
8477905866_f60ba4e72b_c-469x580.jpg

P.S the bad thing could be a microorganism which contains an aggressive virus like ebola,HIV and others.
We basically have all HIV in us,which is waiting for us to do something dumb.
Its basically like in the series of The Walking Dead,the virus is already in u,but it waits for u to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.