• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lets Talk Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Only of you use too little bits per sample, or too little samples.

Theoretically, but for an exact representation you need infinite bits per sample(, and infinite samples?). Analogue signals can't be quantified.

Level 27
For an exact representation
—you're screwed no matter what medium you use. No system has infinite precision.
Analogue signals can't be quantified.
Not in the form of sampling, no. Granted, I don't know if anyone working with sound in a digital context works with anything other than sampled analog.
lol, anyone a kindergarden song lover here? xD
I'm rubber, you're glue; whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

—you're screwed no matter what medium you use. No system has infinite precision.

Not in the form of sampling, no. Granted, I don't know if anyone working with sound in a digital context works with anything other than sampled analog.

That's exactly what I'm implying. Digital music will never be as accurate as analogue music. As for digital sound quality, you need a lot more than a 7MB .mp3 file to achieve good sound. I don't know what CDs actually contain (or how their digital representation of the recording is done), but Vinyl probably has the best precision - at least it has the best quality output.

Status
Not open for further replies.