• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lets Talk Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well... Real men don't get any girls then.
So I'm pleased to announce that I'm not a real man.
I don't like yelling people that claim they're making music. Especially when that music makes the people who like it "real men". Nubs.

What makes you think girls don't listen to black metal?

Well... Real men don't get any girls then.
So I'm pleased to announce that I'm not a real man.
I don't like yelling people that claim they're making music. Especially when that music makes the people who like it "real men". Nubs.

There are couple of flaws with your argument.

1) I consider myself a real man
2) I used to get a LOT of girls until I stationed on this one who I really love
3) It is not yelling, it is growling or shrieking, it is slightly melodic, and if you get into it, really easy to understand
4) It tends to be impossibly hard to play
5) Black metal usually has a really deep story behind it, and really deep lyrics, even if what you see in music videos are some troll wannabees (Immortal anyone?)

Level 15

ask the next girl you see, what music do you listen to? the majority will answer something along the lines of "Oh, a little of everything"

off topic: just curious, the girl you talked about a few months back in a dr. phil thread?

Level 24
5) Black metal usually has a really deep story behind it, and really deep lyrics, even if what you see in music videos are some troll wannabees (Immortal anyone?)

Uuuuggghh alright
Satan, my master
I slit my wrists to drain me of my blood
Satan, my master
Upside down I turn the cross of God
Satan, my master
Recieve this sacrifice this blood of mine
Satan, my master
I carve into my rotten flesh your signs
Satan, my master
Remember me when judgement day is near
Satan, my master
Take my hand when Armageddon's here

wat?

Level 30
Black metal is an art that many people don't understand, and unfortunately, most of them never will.

P.S. Go listen to some black metal drumming or try spending at least 10 minutes shrieking black metal style. You'll lose your voice in a painful way. Everything will be clear to you then.
I don't think I'll ever understand how people can enjoy listening to that music.
Go kill your mom. You'll lose her in a painful way?
I don't consider your mom a girl.
There are couple of flaws with your argument.

1) I consider myself a real man
3) It is not yelling, it is growling or shrieking, it is slightly melodic, and if you get into it, really easy to understand
4) It tends to be impossibly hard to play

1) Because you listen to black metal rite?
2) Yeah, you're no nerd. I'll give you that. :p
3) Potato potarto. I have my own style of music... The thing I hate about metal is that they're all trying to be all bad-ass... ZOMG look at my demon costume. Wait, I'll roar for ya.
4) Could be. But that doesn't have anything to do with the growling.
5) I don't care if lyrics are shallow. I'm not much of a poet either. I just listen to music for the melody.
I don't watch music videos. Ever.

Level 11
Kamelot, Within Temptation, The Offspring, Kaizer's Orchestra, Terry S. Tailor, Tom Waits, Weezer, RHCP, etc etc... Kamelot is best though :p

Music = Drugs for your ears.

And to all of you saying "That song is gay", or "I don't like that band", or "Those guys suck!":
Although it might not be your kind of music, it doesn't have to mean it is a bad song/band. In Norway we have a saying that goes something like this:
Your taste is like your rear part - it can't be discussed.
[Smaken er som baken - den kan ikke diskuteres]

Level 24
AbstractCreativity@Already said, read thread.

Potato potarto. I have my own style of music... The thing I hate about metal is that they're all trying to be all bad-ass... ZOMG look at my demon costume. Wait, I'll roar for ya.
I think you pretty much nailed it, it seems to be all about being the best guitarist who can play humanly impossible or tap the drums hundred times a sec. I'd actually say its on the edge of calling it music, as theres little to no rythm in it which music is pretty much about.

Also i wouldnt exactly say that Black Metal is for "Real Men", most of the people who listen to black metal (or some kind hardcore metal stuff shit for that matter) looks infact pretty geeky.

I think you pretty much nailed it, it seems to be all about being the best guitarist who can play humanly impossible or tap the drums hundred times a sec. I'd actually say its on the edge of calling it music, theres little to no rythm in it which music is pretty much about.

Little or no rhythm? LITTLE OR NO RHYTHM? You seriously need to listen to a thrash metal/speed metal/black metal song - you'll change your mind instantly.

Level 11

I think you pretty much nailed it, it seems to be all about being the best guitarist who can play humanly impossible or tap the drums hundred times a sec. I'd actually say its on the edge of calling it music, as theres little to no rythm in it which music is pretty much about.

Also i wouldnt exactly say that Black Metal is for "Real Men", most of the people who listen to black metal (or some kind hardcore metal stuff shit for that matter) looks infact pretty geeky.

Guess again. I read the thread. I always do.
Just letting my opinion out anyways. C:

+ HappyTauren, I'm not buying "your Geeks listen to Geeks listen to power metal, symphonic and shit like that." without a valid reason. Because symphonic is frickin' god-like. :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Kamelot, Within Temptation, The Offspring, Kaizer's Orchestra, Terry S. Tailor, Tom Waits, Weezer, RHCP, etc etc... Kamelot is best though :p

Music = Drugs for your ears.

And to all of you saying "That song is gay", or "I don't like that band", or "Those guys suck!":
Although it might not be your kind of music, it doesn't have to mean it is a bad song/band. In Norway we have a saying that goes something like this:
Your taste is like your rear part - it can't be discussed.
[Smaken er som baken - den kan ikke diskuteres]
Correction:
Smaken er som baken - som kjent er delt i to - noen liker det som er i midten.
Taste is like an ass - divided in two - some people like the middle.

Devine, my mom don't listen to Black Metal either. Seriously, there are probably just as many girls as guys who listen to Black Metal, it's just that they all live in Scandinavia.

3) Potato potarto. I have my own style of music... The thing I hate about metal is that they're all trying to be all bad-ass... ZOMG look at my demon costume. Wait, I'll roar for ya.
Just like hip-hop is about big butts, and pop is about shaking hips? Seriously, just because a few bands make costumes for their shows doesn't mean all metal is about looking like a demon. Besides, I'd rather look bad-ass than gay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Correction:
Smaken er som baken - som kjent er delt i to - noen liker det som er i midten.
Taste is like an ass - divided in two - some people like the middle.

Different variants, you know.
Most proverbs have several different versions, depending on... Well, for instance, where you live.
The norwegian proverb "Green out of jealousy" (someone's really, really jealous) is "Yellow out of jealousy" in Denmark.
Sorry for getting off-topic, though.

Just like hip-hop is about big butts, and pop is about shaking hips? Seriously, just because a few bands make costumer for their shows doesn't mean all metal is about looking like a demon. Besides, I'd rather look bad-ass than gay.

I really couldn't agree more.

Level 5
Lol, plenty of black metal fans. Lets listen to opera (got no idea how to spell) once in awhile and watch all your mums million dollar wine glasses explode one by one.

Level 20
Here, you guys can use this template for your posts:

Wow, [insert band here] is fucking awesome. I can't believe that no one mentioned them! They're like the kings of [insert music style]! You, [insert HappyTauren/Devine/Saken/Mulgrim], are so wrong for thinking that [insert respective music style] is melodic. It's just [insert mainstream/screaming/gay] and only has to do with [insert big butts/hips/demon costumes], and not real music. You're all obviously wrong and I'm totally right.

Level 15
Wow, Chris Coulfer is fucking awesome. I can't believe that no one mentioned him!! He's like the kings of classical music! You, Saken, are so wrong for thinking that medal is melodic. It's just gay and only has to do with demon costumes, and not real music. You're all obviously wrong and I'm totally right.

Level 19

Wow, [insert band here] is fucking awesome. I can't believe that no one mentioned them! They're like the kings of [insert music style]! You, [insert HappyTauren/Devine/Saken/Mulgrim], are so wrong for thinking that [insert respective music style] is melodic. It's just [insert mainstream/screaming/gay] and only has to do with [insert big butts/hips/demon costumes], and not real music. You're all obviously wrong and I'm totally right.

Kthanks. Bookmarked.

Level 5
Wow, fish is f$%#ing awesome. I can't believe that no one mentioned them! They're like the kings of fishy tunes! You fishy boy, are so wrong for thinking that frog tune is melodic. It's just croaks and only has to do with frogs, and not real music. You're all obviously wrong and I'm totally right.

Level 12
Lol, plenty of black metal fans. Lets listen to opera (got no idea how to spell) once in awhile and watch all your mums million dollar wine glasses explode one by one.

I'd rather you listen to real music, metal, and have your ears explode because you're not used to how fucking epic metal is compared to the crap others listen to.

+ HappyTauren, I'm not buying "your Geeks listen to Geeks listen to power metal, symphonic and shit like that." without a valid reason. Because symphonic is frickin' god-like. :D

Power metal/symphonic metal is listened more by geeks, it's true whether you like it or not. Less geeky people listen to thrash, death, and black metal. Trufax. Plus power metal sucks anyways.

I'd rather listen to inhuman performed by a human rather then inhuman played by clicking and dragging a mouse to make a beat that was just copied/made in that same year or month, not to mention that it takes no talent what so ever. I saw a picture one time that compared hip-hop music from today to jazz music from the 50's or 60's, and it showed how complex jazz was, lyric wise, music notes and all, and then today was just a flat beat which was basically spoken with no musical talent put into it what so ever.

No u, and I already stated that it's the power metal people who listen to that crap. Ever been to a black metal concert? I went and saw Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth, I didn't see one person who looked anything in the slightest resemblance to a geek. Besides, I highly doubt geeks go in the mosh pit, and at that concert, the entire place was a mosh pit.

Level 20
Why would this thread be closed?

Also, Saken, what? I agree that hip-hop is ridiculously simple and boring music. However, that does not mean that all electronic music is made by talentless bums. Trent Reznor of NIN, for example, is not a talentless bum. Is that what you were suggesting?

Also, power metal sucks. I like it when people say that the drums in those power metal songs are so awesome.

Level 13
I like how almost everyone is bashing on all other kinds of music, saying the style they listen to is best.

I like symphonic power metal and loathe rap, the latter simply being because it's filled with untalented idiots who want to look cool and earn money. Yet some rap can be good.

Think outside the box, people. >:O

Level 11
Power metal/symphonic metal is listened more by geeks, it's true whether you like it or not. Less geeky people listen to thrash, death, and black metal. Trufax. Plus power metal sucks anyways.
I do agree with you guys a bit though. I have to admit I think power metal sounds really, really bad without the symphonic parts. And most of the power metal singers (that I have heard, anyways) are just... yuck. (My honest opinion, that's all. I hope I'm not insulting any power metal fans :) ) I think Kamelot's two (and partially the third and fourth as well) albums suck, even though it's my favourite band. The first vocalist just tore the music apart, really. The vocal part's gotta be good. And I don't listen to any symph. bands without deep lyrics. I don't find the extremely typical "Let's go slay a dragon! YEAAAH!" text appealing.
I don't mind if geeks listen to it. I consider myself partially geek. But shit like that? I am astounded by some guys' low tolerance for the kind of music they don't like the very best themselves. Sure, I'm not entirely into black metal, but I wouldn't say it sucks. It's still a great genre, and naturally, I can hear that black metal bands are highly skilled musicians.
And though I dislike rap in general, I think some rap tunes are kind of cool. But only, again, if the lyrics are deep and meaningful.

TwistedImage's post said it. Think outside the box, people. >:O

Last edited:
Level 30
Wow, Hindyhat is fucking awesome. I can't believe that no one mentioned them! He's like the kings of drums! You, Devine, are so wrong for thinking that Hindyhat is awesome. It's just gay and only has to do with big butts/hips/demon costumes, and not real music. You're all obviously wrong and I'm totally right.NOOB.

Level 15

Wow, [insert band here] is fucking awesome. I can't believe that no one mentioned them! They're like the kings of [insert music style]! You, [insert HappyTauren/Devine/Saken/Mulgrim], are so wrong for thinking that [insert respective music style] is melodic. It's just [insert mainstream/screaming/gay] and only has to do with [insert big butts/hips/demon costumes], and not real music. You're all obviously wrong I'm totally right,
and my musical opinion is a fact

fixed

Level 12
Why would this thread be closed?

Also, Saken, what? I agree that hip-hop is ridiculously simple and boring music. However, that does not mean that all electronic music is made by talentless bums. Trent Reznor of NIN, for example, is not a talentless bum. Is that what you were suggesting?

I'm just saying, beats on a computer pale in comparison to actual talented musicians. Yes electronic beats are very appealing, but if that's what your group or band relies on, then they need to win a music award and take turns bashing each others skulls in so the world can stop fixating their attention on half-assed talent. Also I was mainly referring to hip-hop.

Nine Inch Nails isn't that great, yes, they're good, but not as good as people make them out to be.

I like how almost everyone is bashing on all other kinds of music, saying the style they listen to is best.

Because it is. :xxd:

I like symphonic power metal and loathe rap, the latter simply being because it's filled with untalented idiots who want to look cool and earn money. Yet some rap can be good.

Think outside the box, people. >:O

Yes, some rap can be good. Though compared side by side with the amount of good metal bands and the amount of good rappers. Hm... I think the talent scale just took a shit on rap.

I like symphonic power metal and loathe rap, the latter simply being because it's filled with untalented idiots who want to look cool

Also, I could say the same for power metal bands, but notice how I took out the money part? Seeing as how they're never good enough to earn much.

But shit like that? I am astounded by some guys' low tolerance for the kind of music they don't like the very best themselves.

I don't respect what others call music, when it in fact is a down right disgrace to the very meaning of music.

But only, again, if the lyrics are deep and meaningful.

Good luck with that. Bitches, ho's, drugs, cars, guns, sex, how cool one thinks he is, and of course what one has that others don't. Yeah, very deep and meaningful.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Good luck with that. Bitches, ho's, drugs, cars, guns, sex, how cool one thinks he is, and of course what one has that others don't. Yeah, very deep and meaningful.

"Hell yeah, I fucked your mama and her two bitches last night.. oh yeah, fuck, it was great. Shit."

Imagine all that blog-power.. if it wasn't for repeating the same two lines 50 times during a track of 3 minutes.

Level 11
Believe it or not. But there are some few exceptions to your stereotype rap text.
I found some. Maybe..errh... one or two tunes. But I don't know any more than that.
One of them had some sort of political message. Or well... I don't remember, but it was something like the lyrics in Land of Confusion, Genesis (or the cover by Disturbed, if you will)
99,9999999999999 (...9999999...)% of all rap / hip hop texts are about sex, drugs and money.
/agree - Very deep, indeed.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Land of Confusion, Genesis
That's an awesome song, and a great cover by Disturbed too (suits them pretty good).

What the hell is he trying to say? "aahs hannene?"
Sounds like he's been challenged to sing with (a) ball(s) in his mouth.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

the worst part is that it's just the same words over and over again.

for almost 4 minutes.

Well, that's just how that genre of music is.. so it's nothing out of the ordinary.. the surprising part is he doesn't say shit .. or does he (it's a he, aye?)?

Level 27
I know, my education involves learning digital representation, and thus also about how music is converted to digital bits, killing the continuity of analogue sound waves.
Only of you use too little bits per sample, or too little samples.
Go listen to some black metal drumming or try spending at least 10 minutes shrieking black metal style. You'll lose your voice in a painful way. Everything will be clear to you then.
Endurance and skill is not implicative of good art. I can respect an artist without liking their work. Understanding how someone can like a type of art you dislike is the difficult part, and is largely mutual.
I don't respect what others call music, when it in fact is a down right disgrace to the very meaning of music.
Which is?
"Hell yeah, I fucked your mama and her two bitches last night.. oh yeah, fuck, it was great. Shit."
Absolute gold. You're hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.