• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Original music - who else writes stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I just recently finished putting together my new setup at home and finished my first song for a new solo project I'm starting.

I haven't titled the project yet, still trying to come up with a good name for it, but here's the song:

Who else around here writes/records their own music?

Last edited:
Level 16
I can honestly say that I love it! :)

The only part that sounded abit weird/strange to me was 2:00 - 2:12.. it sounds, to me, like the drums and the guitar dont match up on the faster parts.. but that is just my unprofessional opinion :)

Still love it though :p

Level 11
Hmm... you're right, the snare was meant to be in-between each guitar note, but the timing is a bit off. That's easy for me to re-record and fix later, thanks for the input!

I'm planning on recording some more songs this weekend. I'll post them when they are ready too.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Well I was writing lots of songs, mainly for flute, cello, and piano. My friends and I were trying to play it, it was quite good, but none of us had the good equipment to record it. So here I am, with no records at all :/

Anyway, awesome song, bro \m/

Level 11
I use Adobe Audition to do the mixing and multi-layering. I have a few different microphones for picking up the amps.

I used real drum samples from a drum kit with Reason to make the drum tracks

Level 11
I added 2 new songs (to the top of the list on the first post). Wave of Agony and Dark Beyond that I finished putting together. Dark Beyond was recorded and mixed with my old setup. Between Dark Beyond and Wave of Agony I purchased new recording equipment, microphones, and new software. I really stepped up the quality of my recordings. Looking to do more with this new setup soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.