• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The meaning of life...

Does humankind and all other life on earth have a purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The word "meaning" is just created by us humans so ther isn't any meaning with meaning. I don't think life has a purpose. Trying to survive for next day is just an instinct all living thins have, it's not a meaning. Life was not decided to exist, it just did and excactly how donsn't any one know yet, but we are close... This is a question without anwser and not very full of meaning. It's like "Why does existance exist!".

The Meaning Of Life.....

bacon.jpg

fanboy1217-Stormtrooper.gif

Level 8
The meaning of life can be understanded in much ways.
Everyone thinks about it in another way, no doubt. But why, why are we here in this life? And why can't I be with her? Why can't I be so smart? Why can I not create wonderfull pictures? Also so many questions..

Each of us has a soul, each of us was already someone else on this earth but almost none can remember who or what he was. Everyone has a life to learn about. Each time we die, our soul will come free and will go to another world, well another world? Some souls are wandering arround on the earth himself because they can't leave something special behind. Others will go up to a place I can't give a name. Some are calling it Heaven, others are saying we'r going to Hell.. But I can't say the real name. When being in that place, you will need to look back into your life what u did wrong and bad. Those mistakes are to learn about..
Then u may have the chance to have a new life with other mistakes u have to learn from. But the problem is that when dying, and when reborning that u nothing would remember from the last life. Everyone has DNA, in that DNA are the cells of your previous life, but don't ask me how and what.
Whatever I now gonna say, believe me or not but its true..
This 'age' of world is not normal. People are blaming each other, there is still war, suicides,... All like that, wich gotta end! I am a 'New age' Child. And i'm not the only one, More and more are coming to this world. The only problem is, that the parents ain't understanding them. In a year , 2011 I think, then the 'New Age Children' will be borned everywhere.
So whats so rare on us? We are children that will be against war, we accept everyone like he is. No one to blame cuz he has an idiot face or like that. We can feel things that others never know, We, argh whatever All that I'm telling gotta be hard to believe, not?
A last note to add: Hurricanes, Tornado's, others that are destroying those countrys and killing people... Why God? = A SIGN TO THE WORLD! WAKE UP, STOP THIS WAY OF LIVING!

Level 7
Ex-AnGel said:
Everyone thinks about it in another way, no doubt. But why, why are we here in this life? And why can't I be with her? Why can't I be so smart? Why can I not create wonderfull pictures? Also so many questions..

Each of us has a soul, each of us was already someone else on this earth but almost none can remember who or what he was. Everyone has a life to learn about. Each time we die, our soul will come free and will go to another world, well another world? Some souls are wandering arround on the earth himself because they can't leave something special behind. Others will go up to a place I can't give a name. Some are calling it Heaven, others are saying we'r going to Hell.. But I can't say the real name. When being in that place, you will need to look back into your life what u did wrong and bad. Those mistakes are to learn about..
Then u may have the chance to have a new life with other mistakes u have to learn from. But the problem is that when dying, and when reborning that u nothing would remember from the last life. Everyone has DNA, in that DNA are the cells of your previous life, but don't ask me how and what.
This 'age' of world is not normal. People are blaming each other, there is still war, suicides,... All like that, wich gotta end! I am a 'New age' Child. And i'm not the only one, More and more are coming to this world. The only problem is, that the parents ain't understanding them. In a year , 2011 I think, then the 'New Age Children' will be borned everywhere.
So whats so rare on us? We are children that will be against war, we accept everyone like he is. No one to blame cuz he has an idiot face or like that. We can feel things that others never know, We, argh whatever All that I'm telling gotta be hard to believe, not?
A last note to add: Hurricanes, Tornado's, others that are destroying those countrys and killing people... Why God? = A SIGN TO THE WORLD! WAKE UP, STOP THIS WAY OF LIVING!

no one want's to read that long posts!
why wouldn't you say something like "Peace, love everyone (especially frenchmen) and world shall be saved"? way simplier and still same result, no one listen.

Level 9
i already got warned by religious things so i dont wanna be week banned, i could maybe discuss with you by PM if you want

i think Daminon got the point. thinking things like meaning and such are just raw tentatives of explanation of the unknown (thats what i think about religion overall but forget it) by the human mind

we just exist, why, i dunno. i think this is a so complicated question that maybe we will never know. if there is an omnipotent being or a universal natural order i dunno

what I believe is that we as rational beings (in a way of saying, rational beings dont destroy their own world) should try to make our life. dont follow destiny and such, trying to find a purpose. you make your objective and during your life, try to achieve some (or all) of them

Level 11
steering this topic away from anything that could become religious...

Oh for god's sake, give me a break =P.

OH NO!
He mentioned God.This should be locked now don't you think...

Oh and the meaning of life sure isn't pondering about the meaning of to 13 olds on a warcraft forum.

I'm getting a new way of living.
I'm going to buy as many guns as I can and graft them all into one big one.
When hurricanes and tornados come I'll unload.I'll also do it in a non polluting and holy way.

People are blaming each other, there is still war, suicides,... All like that, wich gotta end! I am a 'New age' Child. And i'm not the only one, More and more are coming to this world. The only problem is, that the parents ain't understanding them. In a year , 2011 I think, then the 'New Age Children' will be borned everywhere.

How to prove your not the kind of "New Age Super Holy Ninja Monk" you think you are.

One point would be your spelling and vocabularry.
Second would be that how do you know you were so good all your life.
I bet your just being deluted by your own spiritual cockyness.(No offence*cues dissapointing music*)
Lastly Your math skills are bad.2005 + 1 = 2006 no 2011.

Oh and Vgsatomi you've been doing a great job to wc3search.I give you my thanks and a tasty cookie.
-halo aka CMB,staby

Level 5
I heard somewhere I can't remember these lil words: "Every life is vain, for it is a temporary condition. Only death is valuable, for it is an eternal state" or just like that. :?

I think it was here, or maybe in one of the maps I downloaded. dunno :?:. But whoever thought about this phrase...well, should be here in this topic.

Shadowy Crafter said:
I heard somewhere I can't remember these lil words: "Every life is vain, for it is a temporary condition. Only death is valuable, for it is an eternal state" or just like that. :?

I think it was here, or maybe in one of the maps I downloaded. dunno :?:. But however thought about this phrase...well, should be here in this topic.
yes, most likely thought up by a pseudo-intellectual by night, emo or goth by day.

oh please! new age? being against war and accepting everyone like he is are nothing new. it's called hippies and liberals. lemme disprove...err, show you something; If you were to really accept everyone for "like he is" and live up to that, would you say that someone is entitled to the opinion that jews are disgusting and need to be eliminated?

Level 8
no one want's to read that long posts!
They read it...

Ex-AnGel, how could you know it?
Another reason that u wouldn't believe.
There are books written by angels, huh angels? yes angels... Angels are channeling words, lines, texts to other people making them remember it to write it down. Yeah I know another unbelieveable.
Anyway I don't go farther in on this, I gave my meaning, well meaning, I gave how it is. Its normal u won't agree with this. I think i'm not going to replay on this topic anymore, Its not yet the time to talk about this.

Level 9
it seems my post have been totally ignored but i REALLY think you should pay attention to what i posted before in the first page

no kidding

Level 7
Ex-AnGel said:
There are books written by angels, huh angels? yes angels... Angels are channeling words, lines, texts to other people making them remember it to write it down.

that angel thingy isn't nothing compared to this;
there is a whole 457 pages long book written entirely by Tunafish! uh huh, Tunafish!
I'd show this book to you but you wouldn't believe...

Level 9
We have no purpose. We are but pawns in a game of epic proportions. It doesn't matter what we do, the universe will inevatibly fix itself and move on. It's not like we've been around for any length of time anyway. I have absolutely no beliefs in evolution, but I'm perfectly sure that either way, it wouldn't matter. Nobody else in the universe cares about us. Why should they? We're just another insignifigant speck out there. We don't matter.

Level 5
Well, I'm sure there are much bigger and powerful beings in who knows where in the universe who seem to be careless towards us (unless we do something REALLY bad :twisted: :twisted: . Nah! Just kidding :wink: )

However, I do think that our existence was given with a purpose, but a purpose which is meaningless or pointless. Instead, I believe that every single being should do is just to reach true perfection. But that seems to be imposible for now. Til then...we'll all have to stay living until the secret of perfection is revealed :? .

BTW, that phrase I posted b4 was in Cryptrobbers, a campaign from this site. Now, I won't say what happened to avoid spoiling (Just if someone here didnt dled it yet.) and I'm not trying to make an advertising either. :?

Level 9
Rui, simply because we caused all this in the first place, he's not going to right all our wrongs. Why should he? We are ourselves, and whatever we do will yeild consequences, no matter what. Think, of the Chaos Theory, everything causes a reaction somewhere else, no matter what it is. The same thing is true with the hell the world is in now. We've started it, so we stop it.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Shadowy Crafter said:
However, I do think that our existence was given with a purpose, but a purpose which is meaningless or pointless. Instead, I believe that every single being should do is just to reach true perfection. But that seems to be imposible for now. Til then...we'll all have to stay living until the secret of perfection is revealed :? .

Well you can just suicide can't you? Like holding breath or something like that. When I was 5 or 6 (I don't remember) I wondered "if I hold my breath, what will happen...?" and then I started to hold my breath, I think I like spent more than half minute... I think I was about to die or something, and I didn't run out of breath because sudently I was bited by a bee <_<. Maybe this means nature cares about us? But why should it care about us, if many of us don't care about it?

-Rui

Level 5
Rui said:
Shadowy Crafter said:

Well you can just suicide can't you? Like holding breath or something like that. When I was 5 or 6 (I don't remember) I wondered "if I hold my breath, what will happen...?" and then I started to hold my breath, I think I like spent more than half minute... I think I was about to die or something, and I didn't run out of breath because sudently I was bited by a bee <_<. Maybe this means nature cares about us? But why should it care about us, if many of us don't care about it?

-Rui

-Rui

Oh, no! I will definively not suicide, coz I know I'll regret it as a ghost. I still have much things to do...or not to do. I dunno this whole topic is getting quite confusing. BTW, it's impossible to suicide holding the breath. I just watched it on TV.

Level 9
Please pay attention to this

"i think Daminon got the point. thinking things like meaning and such are just raw tentatives of explanation of the unknown (thats what i think about religion overall but forget it) by the human mind

we just exist, why, i dunno. i think this is a so complicated question that maybe we will never know. if there is an omnipotent being or a universal natural order i dunno

what I believe is that we as rational beings (in a way of saying, rational beings dont destroy their own world) should try to make our life. dont follow destiny and such, trying to find a purpose. you make your objective and during your life, try to achieve some (or all) of them" -My first post

Rui YOU are the mod here, plz dont get warned by religious topics, it would be a shame from someone in your position

Shadowy now i'm curious, why cant we suicide holding the breath?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Shadowy Crafter said:
BTW, it's impossible to suicide holding the breath. I just watched it on TV.

No wait, that's possible. And if you insist it's not, there's other ways of suiciding. Anyway let's get back to the topic =P.

Raiju said:
Rui YOU are the mod here, plz dont get warned by religious topics, it would be a shame from someone in your position

No, dear, my last post didn't contain a crap about religion, and I really don't care about it.

Raiju said:
Shadowy now i'm curious, why cant we suicide holding the breath?

You can, but people resign too soon; when they are on their limits they just start breathing again, making it kind of impossible to make it.

One more thing - If this topic is becoming so "religious", then just close it, or stop saying "oh religion! Your getting warned!" because it's annoying. If you are so afraid of being warned, then let the topic be closed. The conclusion is that life doesn't have a true meaning, or everyone has got a different objective.

-Rui

Level 9
Raiju said:
="Rui
Raiju said:

No, dear, my last post didn't contain a crap about religion, and I really don't care about it.

One more thing - If this topic is becoming so "religious", then just close it, or stop saying "oh religion! Your getting warned!" because it's annoying. If you are so afraid of being warned, then let the topic be closed. The conclusion is that life doesn't have a true meaning, or everyone has got a different objective.

-Rui

"It's hard to belive that god exists. If god really exists and created men and the world and all that, why doesn't he stop all this pain in the world..."

just something to be remembered

if you really dont care about it i dont see why the common users should respect the rules, if its not the mods the first ones to give the example. its ok we dont have to live pausably by the rules itself, but you cant subvert the rule system just because of your position. ive been warned recently caused of that, and i knew i would be warned, but i couldnt resist posting something about it

religious topics are forbidden because the "faithful" will begin to flame to no end to defend their opinions

thus, youre not the only one who shares the same opinion. i think too if "He" (She or It) really existed things would just be rather easier and happier

thats why i say that complicated matters as existance and divinity are just raw tentatives of explanations of the unknown by the human mind

Rui said:
Ok now I give my opinion:

It's hard to belive that god exists. If god really exists and created men and the world and all that, why doesn't he stop all this pain in the world...?

-Rui
well according to most christain religious(OMFG RELIGUHN) ideals, satan is trying to prove to god that mankind will only follow god if he allows them to prosper; god is trying to prove that mankind will remain faithful to god even when living in a world full of suffering (example Job). if god just destroyed satan, and ended this all, he'd be proving satan right. but that's all accourding to christian ideals, i'm not saying its a fact.

religious topics are forbidden because the "faithful" will begin to flame to no end to defend their opinions
actually, most religous topics that have gone down in flames is due to atheist shooting down other's beliefs. I know this since about 60% of forum people are "atheist". I really dont like how most atheists think they got it all figured out, like they "know" god exists and there's no use for searching anymore. thats why i respect agnostics and philosophers more, they dont take religion for granted, but they also are open to thinking and taking things into consideration.
enough, the purpose of life is unknown, there is no concrete evidence to show any meaning to our existance. but that doesnt mean there isnt any. All i see here are ideas that people just pulled out of their ass because that's the way they "feel".....damn, i did that too!

life may or may not have a purpose, but i know one thing: this thread has one purpose: to crash and burn.

Level 25
Life is simple. It is the absence of death

And don't say we're all gonna die and some higher being is gonna come cause of various tornados and stuff. I'm pretty sure 65 millon years ago a very large ammount of space trash crashed into the Earth and whiped out a very large ammount of life. And before that, a something happaned which wiped out 95% of life

So yeah, these "disasters" are weak. And humans, by nature, are warlike. I don't see why anyone should care what we do except ourselves

Oh, and if I'm reborn when I die, am I gonna be pissed. I already lived once, and I was ment to be removed. The planet only needs one of me. More than one complicates things

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Metal_Sonic said:
Rui, you CAN'T kill yourself by holding your breath, your body will make you stop. Oh, and really and truly, existance has no link to reliegino whatsoever, unless you make it that way.

I just said that in my last post. Please read the full post again. Thank you. -_-

Raiju said:
"It's hard to belive that god exists. If god really exists and created men and the world and all that, why doesn't he stop all this pain in the world..."

just something to be remembered

if you really dont care about it i dont see why the common users should respect the rules, if its not the mods the first ones to give the example. its ok we dont have to live pausably by the rules itself, but you cant subvert the rule system just because of your position. ive been warned recently caused of that, and i knew i would be warned, but i couldnt resist posting something about it

Oh, smiley, I was refering to the other post, because someone (too lazy to find out) started talking about god this and god that.

Raiju said:

It will only go in a flaming thread, if people flame. Kk understood?

KTHX!!

-Rui

Level 12
Raiju said:
Raiju my friend this thing is not so simple as many people might think. To discuss any thing about God and such you have to go really deep into it and get alot of knowledge. I can tell that the standard knowledge of christianity by atheists is far from enough to criticise it. If you can, discuss it with some really active christian. I do a lot of times with a friend of mine. If you do then you will prpbably see that your picture of christianity isn't that close to those who believe.

I suggest this topic to be locked before it becomes a true religious discussion.

Level 7
-Vindic@tor- said:
DarkShadow said:
42, what else :wink:
At least Teppana knew it.

Indeed... so, why we are still discussing that?

simple, everyone in here, besides Me, germanese people and cheerful mates from australia ofcourse, are stoopid ...Afro included :roll:

and these stoopid people; they just can't stop, which is clearly the sign of stoopidism.

Status
Not open for further replies.