• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The meaning of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Eventually, the universe will die. This is because of the fact that there is one form of energy or matter that cannot be changed from one thing to another without loss of energy. Heat. Heat eventually dissipates, leaving behind no other form of energy or matter, but heat is also one of the single most important things for life in this universe. ALL living creatures require heat to some degree, without heat everything would be at -274 degrees celcius, absolute zero. NOTHING even lets out the tiniest quiver at absolute zero, life as we know it cannot exist in an environment without some heat. So, therefore the meaning of life is death, or rather, death gives meaning to life as life gives meaning ot death. Without heat there would be no life but also no death, with it there is both. So, if you were a universe, would you prefer a never-ending existense of nothing or a few trillion (or whatever) years with life and death?

Level 3
Biologically seen is our sense spreading our genes, keeping us alive and kill all rivals and threats.

Just look at that dumbass James Bond and you have the perfect example for the sense of life.Pass further your own genes and prevent the others from doing that.

Of course, there is a philosifical side. For example love.Our doung good things to be remembered. But i lost my faith in that stuff since a girl broke my heart one year ago.

Level 7
The meaning of Life is to be born, Have Fun, And Die Happy.

If you believe in God Making us then hes relayed as a good guy, who would want you to have fun and shit as long as ur not a prick to everyone.

And if u believe in the Scientific side then life is an accident and the meaning of life is whatever we want it to be, because then life would have NO meaning.

In Short. Whatever you Wana do with your life = The meaning of your Life.

Level 5
Live has a meaning on scale at the size of yourself, you live and die and try to have fun inbetween, though if you look at the size of a country you would have to do something big before you mean a thing for a country. Even more has to be done to have a meaning on the world and its impossible to have a meaning on the universe. This is badly translated i guess, but i do my best.

Level 18
asasin850 said:
I Repeat. The emaning Of Life is What you Want it to be.

Thats all that i took out of what he said even if it snot what he was getting at.. I heard it i dont care if u said it!

I never said that, so, once again, HE LIED!!!!!!

WildRider said:
the meaning of life is to die. no matter what you do how long you extend it, you will eventually die.

If you read my post you'd basically know I was saying that, though giving it a slightly more cheery aspect than saying it so bluntly and without explanation.

Level 21
i dont believe there is one. why MUST there be a meaning to life? yes the universe will lose heat over many many years, but i dont think the universe is alive. sometimes i wonder if we are really alive, were just a load of chemicals, i dont believe in a soul, i dont believe in God and i dont believe we are here for any more than chance. we have no reason to be here, we just are... (btw thats my personal views about it)

Level 12
maxi1 said:
Biologically seen is our sense spreading our genes, keeping us alive and kill all rivals and threats.

Just look at that dumbass James Bond and you have the perfect example for the sense of life.Pass further your own genes and prevent the others from doing that.

Of course, there is a philosifical side. For example love.Our doung good things to be remembered. But i lost my faith in that stuff since a girl broke my heart one year ago.

Yes, all things revolve around stupid, inane little girls with their petty delights. If that were so then almost no one would be alive because practically everyone has that happen to them at least once in their lives. Get over it, it was not that serious. Were you alive before you met her? Are you alive now? Not so vital to life then, is she? I mean hell dude, I am married and I do not believe in that crap. I may die from a heartbreak if Amy died, or go insane, but she is not just some random girl either. We have been married awhile now and marriage is totally different from even the most serious of relationships. I cannot really explain it, I am sorry, but just dating someone for years is still nothing at all like being married for even a month.

Basically, get over yourself and please realize how silly you sound. Eventually you will come to that anyways, but if you ever want help or need someone to talk to let me know and I will happily talk to you about it.

Level 12
The meaning of life is not to come to death in perfect condition with barley a cut or bruse on your skin; the idea is to come to death after taking life to the max and then saying, wow, what a ride that was.

And besides, on the bright side we will all get reincarnated, at least according to Hinduism and Buddism.

Level 7
GST_Nemisis said:
so even if you read and understood the religion, then agreed with it, you wouldnt believe in it because hes fat? sounds a bit silly.

No i wouldnt follow him cas hes fat AND he cant stand up :p

You do know that there is more than one Buddha? I mean, ever wonder why there are female Buddha statues?

There are fat chicks that cant stand up now? I Thought buddha was a prophet or something? never seen fat chick ones... Ur jsut a stoner....STONER!!

Level 18
Me? A stoner? If you tried to claim that with anyone that knows me even slightly well in RL then you would be laughed at for a long time. I just know a fair bit about Buddhism because of my Buddhist aunt, although I haven't seen her in ~2 years since she dissapeared into the desert.

Level 12
Buddha was not fat, his image was. Buddha actually was very skinny as he ate very little, especially in the middle years of his life while he was searching for what would be called Nirvana. His image is fat because it helps to show his jovial take on life, which is also not completely true. One of my biggest problems with mainstream Buddhism is how they ignore the pain Buddha suffered and carried, just as mainstream Christianity ignores their Annoited One's own joy and happiness.

Oh yes, Buddha also reincarnated a lot until he did become the final Buddha. That is why there are stories of him as a woman, as an animal, and even some plants.

Level 12
Yes, Dan, a full fledged plant, but with a kind and loving sprit.

Is not pure chance a meaning? A lack of meaning is a meaning, just as one can chose to not chose is in fact a choice made.

Level 21
Malufa said:
Yes, Dan, a full fledged plant, but with a kind and loving sprit.

Is not pure chance a meaning? A lack of meaning is a meaning, just as one can chose to not chose is in fact a choice made.

i love how you always like to make things flip upside down with you is it real? is it not? prove it, shizzam. i supposed you could say everything has a meaning in that sense, because even exiting is a meaning. however if you mean "are we here for a reason?" i beleive not.

Level 12
But why do you believe there is no reason? Is it because you do not know the reason? Is it because you cannot fanthom a reason?

Here are some Taoist ponderings, roughly translated into the current vernacular:

To understand the meaning of life, one must first understand the meaning of meaning. To understand the meaning of meaning, one must understand existence. To understand existence, one must know. To know is to not know, and what is known to all is not knowing anything.

For life we are like unto a deep sea fish. We look around us and see all that we can see, and we assume that this is all to be seen. We see the depths, the water, the other fish, and all other life near us. Yet we do not see the ocean bed, the air, the sky, a cloud, the sun, stars, moon, or even plants. How can we claim to see when we do not see anything?

Level 4
Where the hell do you get all these deep insights from?!
I want some too!
Share your endless wisdom oh mighty...people on the HiveWorkshop..
Yeh..

Level 12
\philosophy\the Way\meditation chantra\books :)

I think and I act, then I ponder. Then I wonder, then I question, then I extrapilate. By not knowing one is on the first step of true knowledge. That which is infinite cannot be contained, can never be known to a mortal.

Level 12
You mean the Tao te Ching. Do you know where the name came from? And you MIGHT be thinking of the Chuanf Tzu which is thought to have been made by Lao Tsu but was not ever proved conclusively.

Level 12
Bob27 said:
Have you been reading the Bible? That's like something my christian living teacher says, who unfortunately I have for sose (?) and art as well :(

sose? I am afraid I am not familiar with that word.

Yes, I have read the Holy Christian Bible, the Bible of Cybele, the Gnostic Texts, Book of Enoch, Dead Sea Scrolls, Tor'ah, Qabaalah, as well as many other religious texts. Why do you ask?

Level 21
i would like to read the dead sea scrolls. they sounds cool, but i bet its alot of hype for not much...

btw how much sugar cane do u need to produce one litre of 99.6% pure ethanol?

also is there an endothermic reaction strong enough to cool something from 50 degrees C to 10 degreed C? or alternativly is there a way to reduce the amount of heat in an area by converting it directly to electrisity (ie without the need of turbines)?

Level 12
GST_Nemisis said:
i would like to read the dead sea scrolls. they sounds cool, but i bet its alot of hype for not much...

They are interesting, as is the reasons behind why the catholic church does not allow or their general release.
GST_Nemisis said:
btw how much sugar cane do u need to produce one litre of 99.6% pure ethanol?

Um, a crap load?
GST_Nemisis said:
also is there an endothermic reaction strong enough to cool something from 50 degrees C to 10 degreed C? or alternativly is there a way to reduce the amount of heat in an area by converting it directly to electrisity (ie without the need of turbines)?

Yes, the Entropic Resonance of a temporal change is enough to do that. If you are wanting to convert it to electricity then you need to merely change the energy utilizing the Unified Field Theory.

Level 12
Sounds like you are wanting a machine that collects energy from the vibration of molecules and uses that as a source of energy similar to that of plasma. The main problem is your magnetic fields would require more energy to sustain than you would gain from energy.

Level 21
ok say ive got a hot pan, and i wanted to take heat away from that pan, but instead of leaving it to cool i wanted to convert that heat into electrisity whihc lights up a bulb, and when the bulb goes off it signs the pan is cool. how would this be possible?

Level 12
GST_Nemisis said:
ok say ive got a hot pan, and i wanted to take heat away from that pan, but instead of leaving it to cool i wanted to convert that heat into electrisity whihc lights up a bulb, and when the bulb goes off it signs the pan is cool. how would this be possible?

Well you would need to find a way to turn the entropic decay of the ambient temperature into a different form of enery, in this case electrisity. I do not know how this would be accomplished, if I did I would be able to create a perpeptual energy machine.

Oh, and to finish your question from MSN: Sure, that could happen. If it's not lipid-soluble to begin with, the only way for a chemical to get through a cell membrane is via a channel or transporter. So, mess up a protein here and there, and your chemical will start to build up on one side of the membrane. A lot of heart problems are due to chemical imbalances like that, actually. (Amy's response)

Level 21
ok i have more question about that. so if a large-ish molecule was to get through the membrane by facilitated diffusion and the protien denatured it we be obvious in experimentation because no more of that molecule would be seen diffusiing past the protien denaturing threshold?

also facilitated diffusion is quickened by heating the diffusing chemical right?

and large molecules cant diffuse across the membrane of a cell without exception?

and do the carrier protiens stretch across the cell wall of aplant aswell as the cell membrane? how does movement across the cell walls work?

Status
Not open for further replies.