• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
That's all the object editor work. For walking and running, you have to experiment with 'Art - Animation - Run Speed' and 'Art - Animation - Walk Speed' as you like. The only thing that's required is for Run speed to have a higher value than Walk speed. If you do it properly, normally the model will run, but if the unit's movement speed drops due to, e.g. Slow, the model will switch to walk animation.

There you go.

Level 6
I think that it looks better than General Franks version of it. I like both of them, but i thnk that this one is better. 5/5+Rep

Level 49
1300 downloads in four days? Damn... That's quite impressive. Great work, totally deserves it's Director's Cut. The animations are amazing(yet you kind of rushed the last ones you made, it seems), the mesh is outstanding and the texture is very high detailed. Only thing I could suggest is to make the geoset of Frostmourne's animated texture smaller.

gd it, i wasnt going to waste time signing in... but im not going to dl this without giving u my 5/5 rating, its EPIC!!! btw, could u design a campaign screen w/ that guy, seeing as to how hes so hi-def, i think hes def campaign screen material. plus the high size and poly count wouldnt matter in a campaign screen. all i have to say about this model is EPIC!!! i thought id seen the best lich king model before, but this one is by far the best, at the expense of high size and poly count. but as you sed b4, anything this epic is not going to b massed all over the map... normally. note to self: dont import as a unit into footman wars, unless creating a custom lag machine variant.

Level 3
Great Model, but imo it could be even better.

The modelling is absolutely superb, but the animations is a little too weak.
i believe it would be more suited with a run animation, instead of a walk animation.
And that the attack animation should be a little more brutal.

but still, very good model. 4/5

Great Model, but imo it could be even better.

The modelling is absolutely superb, but the animations is a little too weak.
i believe it would be more suited with a run animation, instead of a walk animation.
And that the attack animation should be a little more brutal.

but still, very good model. 4/5

This model has a walk AND run animation... :S
And he already tweaked the attack animations a bit. Considering this is done in Milkshape, its pretty much godlike.

Level 3
MAN-I-LOVE-THIS-MODEL!!!!! but the pic. could be bether but still awzome!!!!!
if max iz 5, i give it 9999999999999999999999999999999999,99999999991 =D

Level 2
I find this awesome. This model is even better than Blizzard's models with fairly small size for the quality it gives. You should be awarded the modeler of the year award for this. I have just one question: How long did it take you to create this?
My Rating: 9,5/10 (9,5 just so you keep up the good work).

Level 4
The BEST model I've ever seen on the Hive, I seriously mean it.

However the cape on his back is really "Hard"

The normal spell animation is not that great, it looked like as he is going to force his poop to pop out of his butt.

The texture is the best of the best.

5/5