• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
Level 13
Epic is abused :|
Amazing is far much cooler then the word epic nowdays.
The word we are looking for is... Legendary!
Or amazing...

Anyway,
The only thing i dont like with the model is the sword. Do not ask me why, becouse i have no freaking idea at all, i just get annoyed by the sword for some weird reason..:ugly:

I feel the same as you, it looks much like a dagger in his hands and it's not much like frostmourne I think. You should make it like the slim version.

Level 17
Great somebody did it! Great model! 5/5!
I see that you used a wow model just texture from war and some made by you. Anyway good job!

lol, lol, lol..
He made the entire model himself, he have WIP and everything.
If you look on the wow model, you will see many differences, specially the sword and the head/helmet.

So:
he made the model & wow models isnt allowed on this site anyway.

Level 1
lol, lol, lol..
He made the entire model himself, he have WIP and everything.
If you look on the wow model, you will see many differences, specially the sword and the head/helmet.

So:
he made the model & wow models isnt allowed on this site anyway.

Okey if you say so... But you are talking in no action. Helm is 100% WOW model and skin for it is his creation...I have over 14 Lich King models from wow and trust me they all have this same helm... but as i told- Model is great, specially skin for helm. IF HE CREATED MODEL HELM THEN THE MODEL DESERVE DC!!!

Level 17
Okey if you say so... But you are talking in no action. Helm is 100% WOW model and skin for it is his creation...I have over 14 Lich King models from wow and trust me they all have this same helm... but as i told- Model is great, specially skin for helm. IF HE CREATED MODEL HELM THEN THE MODEL DESERVE DC!!!

Why would you have 14 lich king models from wow? 1 would be enough.
And you are wrong about the helmet. Seriously, he made the model himself, and if you pretend anything else, you should check the wips..

PS:
For some reason i dont like your icon :S
Idk why, i just dont like it for some reason.
But w/e, there is many lich king icons out there, i just go with KelThuzads version i guess :|
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...o-118325/?prev=search=lich%20king&d=list&r=20
I can remove the link if you want me to. i just link it as an alternative icon choice for the model for people that want.

PS:
For some reason i dont like your icon :S
Idk why, i just dont like it for some reason.
But w/e, there is many lich king icons out there, i just go with KelThuzads version i guess :|
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnlichkinghero-118325/?prev=search%3Dlich%2520king%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
I can remove the link if you want me to. i just link it as an alternative icon choice for the model for people that want.

Meh, everybody's a critic. Sure, leave it here, I don't mind.

[Edit] I'm going to tweak Frostmourne a bit to be of WoW-like proportions and slap on a new texture which, I hope, won't be too big.

Last edited:
Level 9
Your right my friend, this isn't a World of Warcraft Model, its by far better by a leap and a bound. ^_^

Exceptionally well done especially considering the media you created it in, and the quailty as well.

Maybe Blizzard should hire you? They need talent like you. :thumbs_up:

Regards,

Jake

Level 1
Why would you have 14 lich king models from wow? 1 would be enough.
And you are wrong about the helmet. Seriously, he made the model himself, and if you pretend anything else, you should check the wips..

Okey..I see...still one more thing left untold*Animations look like from wow* don`t you think? But never mind. :gg: Model all ready have DC!!! Coll :thumbs_up:

Level 11
I think all this just proves how good the model is.
If you go to the page where he showed us bit by bit the creation of the model it would be good enough proof. Everything on the model was based from what it was from WoW.
Also, even if only the head was from wow, it would still get approved.
All model exports must be significantly modified or w/e the rule states

Level 17
I think all this just proves how good the model is.
If you go to the page where he showed us bit by bit the creation of the model it would be good enough proof. Everything on the model was based from what it was from WoW.
Also, even if only the head was from wow, it would still get approved.

Wow models is not allowed on hive, and i think that still stay the same even if it is modified or not. The rule about wow models is very strict..
hive does not allow wow models, and probably never will.

Level 30
Wow models is not allowed on hive, and i think that still stay the same even if it is modified or not. The rule about wow models is very strict..
hive does not allow wow models, and probably never will.

Exported meshes are not allowed. Neither is exported or copy pasta textures but you can make a model look exactly how much as you want like a wow model as long as it is custom made.

Level 17
Read the model rules. It is there.
Suck it.

That rule does not count with wow models if im not wrong.
Becouse hive is very, VERY strict about wow models around here, you could get banned easily if you upload many of them. Not even maps containing wow models is allowed here, so why would a few edits on a wow model be allowed?
In you example, you said that it would get accepted even if the helmet was from wow, but i dont think thats right, becouse that would be like taking any other entire helmet models from the game, and that is not allowed.
So if im not wrong, that would be rejected becouse it is still a part of a wow model.

But in this case it is not a wow model we are talking about, this lich king model is created by a member here on the site, and im pretty sure he does not want us to ruin this place with off-topics, so yeah, im done with this for now.

Level 17
LTGH, Jigrael's Nerubians use legs from the WoW tarantula.

Really?
I was told that your not allowed to take models out from wow, at all.
I mean, if you just take a helmet out of wow it would be rejected, right?
So if you just take lich kings helm from him, wouldent that be the same thing? or does it magically allow you to use it here?
Its like, your not allowed to take a weapon from wow, but your allowed to take a weapon that is attached to a unit... To me all this makes no sense at all...

Really?
I was told that your not allowed to take models out from wow, at all.
I mean, if you just take a helmet out of wow it would be rejected, right?
So if you just take lich kings helm from him, wouldent that be the same thing? or does it magically allow you to use it here?
Its like, your not allowed to take a weapon from wow, but your allowed to take a weapon that is attached to a unit... To me all this makes no sense at all...

As far as I know, we are allowed to use specific parts of those (though I'm not 100% sure). On one of these nerub models, Jigrael states that the leg mesh etc was taken from the WoW Tarantula.

Level 4
Perhpas you fucks should stop hounding the guy?

This is a work of art born from a hobby, if he wants more critisism then he can ask for it.

It is a great piece, and i look foward to any changes or new projects you may bring to the hive. Or even starcraft 2.