• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Proud people of The Hive Workshop,

today is the day, it's time for the ultimate disaster, I mean multiplayer fun!

When my good friend StoPCampinGn00b asked me what one could do with this wonderful new forum, the first thing that came to my mind was: Wouldn't it be an AWESOME idea to create something that'll make those who enjoy multiplayer on this site stick together? Yes, there's the funmap evening sometimes, sure, but how about something that runs more... spontaneously? And then an idea hit my mind: The Hive Games!
Members of the Hive gather here, either spontaneously or after some talk and blablabla, to play games together, it doesn't matter if they play maps from the Hive or not, or if they just test a map. It's all for fun, perhaps we can even get SCN to stream the thing from time to time.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
But I don't stream, lol. I announced a stream for my friend twitch.tv/KiraDuskEdge twice, though.

You wanted to support multiplayer activity, right? Isn't that why the forum here was created in the very first place? Then learn how to stream and stream yourself in the name of Hive! I wanna see you suffer stream! >:p

So.. it's a thread for playing custom maps together?

Yes.

You wanted to support multiplayer activity, right? Isn't that why the forum here was created in the very first place? Then learn how to stream and stream yourself in the name of Hive! I wanna see you suffer stream! >:p

everything said here applies to you as well. why don't you stream?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
i hope so, because to me suggesting on SCN's behalf to stream was rude unless you and him are buddies and i'm missing context. that's why i thought i'd give you a lil taste of your own meds.

I can fully understand your position, but I assure you it wasn't any serious (would be fun to watch but I'm not suggesting anyone to do something, people have to do such suggessions themselves, I'm in no position to do that). ;)

I created this thread to support him supporting multiplayer activity. And perhaps to play a game or two once in a year.

@Chaosy: Too bad you're lazy as hell. ;p

I can fully understand your position, but I assure you it wasn't any serious (would be fun to watch but I'm not suggesting anyone to do something, people have to do such suggessions themselves, I'm in no position to do that). ;)

I created this thread to support him supporting multiplayer activity. And perhaps to play a game or two once in a year.

fair enough. i support your support of him supporting multiplayer activity :D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I was thinking we might want to Start with a melee or short map to gather. But feel free to suggest something.

Dota of course. Nothing causes rage like a good ol' dota 1. Also causes you to lose your friends, but who needs friends when you got dota right?

I want to expand on this idea with a hive tournament.
The base concept:

There are ALOT of maps posted on hive and I doubt more than 40% of them are played or even tried out.
People just stick to what they like and they ignore the rest. Not saying it should be different, it shouldn't. But a hive
tournament where at the start of every week a random map from the gynormous map pool is selected
and people have a week to learn / play / master that map. At the end of the week (Saturday, Sunday) when most people are
available, we host a tournament where people play the map.

Winners get shiny gems (rep). After that the process begins anew, with a new random map!

I think that my idea is kind of cool. It also pushes people out of their comfort zone (myself included) to try and play
maps that they wouldn't on their own, but when the herd mentality kicks in, you go with the flow. Also, lot of maps
on hive are underplayed or played by specific groups of people. Not saying that EVERYONE will join every tournament
week, but people might give it a go, especially if its "official" kind of thing where you're rewarded with rep and participate
with people from the same forum you're active in.

I will end my idea with: Random is fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.