• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Clan THW] Battle.net: Clan Hive / Clan THW - Yay Or Nay?

Is having a clan representing Hive a good or bad idea?

• Good idea

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Is creating a clan representing Hive a good idea or not? Why?

It doesn't have to be a super active, highly organized group. This could be a way to get the online playerbase to be directed to Hive, therefore having more players to support resources (mainly maps). Testing maps would also be something we can do. And of course, it's a bit o' fun playing casually and having arranged games maybe with other clans. (Hi BotR, I see you posted a thread here :D)

A couple other questions would be:
What server should we establish ourselves on? Europe seems to be where most Hive users and players currently use as their main realm.

Should we have multiple branches? (e.g. Clan Hive on Europe and Clan THW on US east)

Please vote and comment!

Also note that non-battle.net players could play with the clan at times with ent connect as stated in the "How to Host, Where to Play" sticky.

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Testing maps would also be something we can do.

One could always use more lackeys for testing.

Is creating a clan representing Hive a good idea or not? Why?

Yes. Because Hive is the biggest wc3 mod site. We should have our clan. And if really suck at it -- we can always use the "oh I'm mainly a modder, i don't play as much" excuse. But I'm sure we have some fanatics among the ranks as well. Every person on hive has its favorite map, and they will give a bloody competition in a clan vs clan on that map.

Level 32
Yes. Because Hive is the biggest wc3 mod site. We should have our clan. And if really suck at it -- we can always use the "oh I'm mainly a modder, i don't play as much" excuse. But I'm sure we have some fanatics among the ranks as well. Every person on hive has its favorite map, and they will give a bloody competition in a clan vs clan on that map.

Easily the most active WC3 site period.

Anyhow, the things you listed here aren't problems at all. A clan's maximum is 100 members so it's not like we'd have to kick people who don't play group games. If it does reach a hundo, the most inactive player, which would probably one who hasn't logged in in months, would be kicked.

--

I'm leaning towards this scenerio:

1. Realm: Battle.net Europe [Northrend]
2. Public clan
3. Arrange games every few weeks (or even days if people are hyper) on this sub-forum
4. Engage in clan v clan matches

Level 32
We have 10 that say good idea and 3 that say no. Seems like a good idea so we're going with it.

All that's needed are 10 people to be in the channel at the same time to start the clan.

Who's in? I'll of course gather other people via VMs and such :)

When: December 12, Saturday, 5PM GMT / 17 GMT
Where: Battle.net Northrend: Channel: Hive

Last edited:
Level 37
We have 10 that say good idea and 3 that say no. Seems like a good idea so we're going with it.

All that's needed are 10 people to be in the channel at the same time to start the clan.

Who's in? I'll of course gather other people via VMs and such :)

When: December 12, Saturday, 5PM GMT / 17 GMT
Where: Battle.net Northrend: Channel: Hive

I'll be on!

Level 32
Too troublesome to keep track of the time. There is a reason one usually use CET. (GMT 0)

Or PDT.
facepalm.jpg~c200

CET is not GMT 0, it's UTC +1. GMT = GMT 0 = UTC 0

In case anyone else gets confused:
http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
If we create an official Hive clan, we will create the following:

Clan name: Hive Workshop
Clan abbreviation: Hive

We should probably make a news post about this, and arrange an official date. Because, like you stated yourself, we need atleast 10 members to start the clan. Also, if we start a clan, Ralle has to be the Chieftain ;)

Level 32
If we create an official Hive clan, we will create the following:

Clan name: Hive Workshop
Clan abbreviation: Hive
Planned and planned!

We should probably make a news post about this, and arrange an official date.

I was planning to suggest a notice today but I agree that a news post would be better.

Because, like you stated yourself, we need atleast 10 members to start the clan. Also, if we start a clan, Ralle has to be the Chieftain ;)
It's super easy to get 10 people. If not enough shows up, which I highly doubt, I can just call some friends over.

A Chieftain will have to log in every 28 days to keep the clan a float. For the first seven days, the Chieftain is only one who has the powers of recruiting, promote, and post messages of the day (notices). Basically Ralle would have to be active for the first seven days and check in every now and then - even always better when a chieftain is active. If not Ralle, I assumed I'd be leading it since I have the knowledge about clans and other battle.net communities :D

You can also check in ML for posts about Clan Hive.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-ladder-info-clanfaq.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.