• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The End of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
There are some key facts that are not as broadcasted: the translations may be wrong and that the Mayans may have predicted a new era after the alignment, not the end of the world. The last surviving king of the Mayans referenced/talked about dates that happen after the end of the calender. The prediction date may even be wrong; some experts believe the date is in 2010 and not 2012 (btw, in Mayan the date is 13.0.0.0.0).

And then theres the fact that different Mayan cities employed different long count calenders and didn't agree on what exactly would happen on the date. (thanks Wikipedia)

or maybe they went "oh what the hell" and stopped wherever
Except that they wrote down the reasons for ending it. They were a deeply religious people and had a very different society, even to the aboriginal nations around it (ever heard of paying taxes by building roads?).

I call shens on 2012.

Level 10
I think all the 2012 stuff is all bullcrap. All the theories are improbable, impossible and downright stupid. The planets will align? Happened before some 400 years ago, we're still here. The biblical apocalypse will come? Religious bullsh*t. Werewolves and vampires will eat our kidneys? Well, I kinda just made that up, lol. But seriously, to believe that the end of the world just because some extinct (albeit, very smart) civilization predicted it, is ignorant and stupid.

I have just discovered I am the last descendant of the Juk'Li'Makan tribe. My tribe has an ancient prophecy that states the apocalypse will come... hmm.. OMG! TOMORROW! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! (This was a joke. We are sorry for any inconvenience or panic stirred among the credulous masses.)

Level 7
Nasa proved 2012 won't happen :p

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Nah, there's bound to be people with resistance to biological warfare. Biggest thing will be that it will kill off people that pure-el their hands every five minutes (oh the irony).

Unless of course through biological warfare we make Zombies, then thats another story

I agree... It kills 99.9% of germs. That .1% of germs is going to be a super germ that will enslave the human race, and then killing us all off.

Level 6
Sure it will. Besides humanity could survive without electronics earlier, it will be able to do it and now. So this version is ridiculous.

Anyone here ever heard of camping trips?

Quote:Originally Posted by WherewolfTherewolf View Post
Nah, there's bound to be people with resistance to biological warfare. Biggest thing will be that it will kill off people that pure-el their hands every five minutes (oh the irony).

Unless of course through biological warfare we make Zombies, then thats another story
I agree... It kills 99.9% of germs. That .1% of germs is going to be a super germ that will enslave the human race, and then killing us all off.

When you think about it, germ-killing agents just speed up microscopic natural selection.

I actually think, if the aliens or whatever people "saw" if they really did, then that might be the problem.
But at the very same time it could be a very good thing, if they exist and come to earth, then that would have a big effect on us someday.

Earth:Final Conflict, my favorite sci-fi :p. Or maybe Titan RE, hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alagremm View Post
Actually scientist made a research. They wanted to know what would happen if zombies attacked, with ability to infest people. They found out that zombies can easily be defeated. The only thing people need to do is to get in big groups and surround the infested area.
And now in practise, Einstein.

What would be necessary would be for the president/prime minister/poohba/whatever to round up all the people and get them to swarm the zombies. Maybe through emergency broadcast aka hijack all the tv and radio signals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherewolfTherewolf View Post
Everybody seems to think that Humanity will die out because it's not adaptable. Isn't humanity perhapes one of the most adaptable complex organisms on earth? Humanity lives year round on every continent in every form of climate on earth (except for Antartica, where Humanity does stay, just not year round). I would say that's pretty adaptable, unlike other creatures which can only survive certain climates or only feed on certain foods.

100 years is actually a very short time frame. You may even live to be 100
1. Stop assuming things about me! I very well realize that humans are among the most adaptable creatures on Earth! However, I also realize that while humans are intelligent, they still do things which a deer would realize is dumb.

2. Stop assuming things about me! I very well realize that a hundred years isn't much! That is exactly why I said a hundred!

Stop assuming people are assuming things about you! Gawsh!

Well if we will terraform other plantes like Mars, Venus or the Gallileo Satellites, we might just have a chance to survive.

Dah dah, dah dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah...

I hope for the latter! Earth needs a fresh start and all its inhabitants except the very basic ones need to die.

Amen to that. We're at the height of evolution and there's no where else to go but down.

Everyone's vouching for nuclear war eh? I doubt even if nuclear war happened that all of Humanity would die out.

The people on the tiny islands that are only specks on the globe would survive because they would be overlooked.

A good portion of humanity (I don't remember the figure, but it's around 1/3) lives in costal areas. That makes Global Warming, and flooding, a large problem. With nearly a third of the world's population displaced, crowding would quickly become a huge problem. Those people will flee to other cities, not go make a new one.

No more Japan? Oh no! Where am I going to get my lolicon? Oops I mean shojo :p.

As for the topic at hand, I got my money on the Zombie apocalypse and then the Robot apocalypse to actually finish us off... see how I see it, we're gonna raise the dead, and then our top scientists will make these badass robots to wipe out the zombies, however they'll turn on us after a time. Then humanity will be wiped out, it's all in the circle of life. :p

I heard that scientists are actually working on some sort of regeneration thing.

Level 25
2012, the three-named doomsday

At 2012, the three-named doomsday shall occur.

These are some of the horrifying events comprehending Three-named celebrities and events, preparing us for 2012's three-named armageddon:

-7/7 bestowed of a total of three bombings. For those who doesn't know what it is
-George Walker Bush becomes president in the US (probably the most horrifying)
-North Korea announced its intention to conduct a nuclear test on October 3
-Michael Joseph Jackson dies.
-Ronnie James Dio dies.
-Paul Dedrick Gray, one of the original members of Slipknot dies.
-May 3, 2010, Apple had sold 1 million iPads.

I am sensing a conspiration.

Level 25
Have you considered reading the rules?
Did you even see the flashy "READ BEFORE POSTING?

Yes, several times. But to be honest, they are very undefined (and it is hard to define the "useless thread" limit, i understand that) so it's hard to know that "limit".
And i am serious, with 70 % of the thread, the number three is showing up at alot of events that has happened during 21th century.
But if you found this thread complety useless and unappropiate, i'm sorry about any possible inconvinience.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, several times. But to be honest, they are very undefined (and it is hard to define the "useless thread" limit, i understand that) so it's hard to know that "limit".
And i am serious, with 70 % of the thread, the number three is showing up at alot of events that has happened during 21th century.
But if you found this thread complety useless and unappropiate, i'm sorry about any possible inconvinience.

Of course the number three appears a lot when you look for it. There's events every day, and at least 12+31 (dates) days each year is associated with the number three. Obviously there's going to be a lot of significant threes.

Level 25
Yeah well i guess, that wasn't very odd. When you look after it, guess it's just me and number conspirations...
For example the number 23. That's another number i found interesting, but there as well, if you look after it you find it. (Guess after all i could have had begun a normal discussion about this without creating a stupid thread)

Level 12
OMG I NO RIT? If you take the first 2 numbers of 2012, it adds up to 3 too!!!

C wat i did thar?

/spam

No, really, when 2013 rolls around, we'll look back at ourselfs and curse and be stupider trying to end ourselfs for being idiots

Level 25
What do you think about the 2012 hype.

No, this isn't one "do you think the world is going to end or don't you"-thread. (i couldn't care less if you think the mayans are psychic or not)
I decided to make a serious thread about the 2012 scenario, instead of my stupid thread earlier today.

And this thread is about: The hype about 2012.
What do you think, how will people react to it when it has arrived? Will people care enough to discuss it in media and the world? Or will it only be a random little article in some paper and no more about it?

Will there be any hype about it, for example; if a bomb blows up somewhere, will people think that it's the end of the world incoming, or will they not care? Will the year be like any regular year?
Are people enough naive to think that this is happening?
Just curious about what you think about the year, will the community be affected in any way during 2012?

And you don't need to tell me that you don't care about this 2012 scenario, i want opinions and thoughts, not posts that tell me to go and hide myself. I myself does not believe a shit about this hypocrisy about 2012 as the apocalyptic year.

Level 14
You guys saying that something will happen at 2012 are crazy, seriously, why should anything happen to the world and why don't you enjoy the rest of your lifes out or with your family instead of going at random game forums around the internet saying that everyone will die?It's just plain stupid........

Level 25
You guys saying that something will happen at 2012 are crazy, seriously, why should anything happen to the world and why don't you enjoy the rest of your lifes out or with your family instead of going at random game forums around the internet saying that everyone will die?It's just plain stupid........

Beacuse my girlfriend is in the shower, so i am bored. (lol)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If nothing happens earlier, people will commit collective suicide just before midnight, December 31'st, 2012. If only to prove themselves right; their life did end in 2012.

I personally think the Millennium Bug was a lot more hyped up, and had a lot more credible evidence as to why and when it'd happen. It basically seemed inevitable, though it wouldn't be as serious as the 2012 myth when it comes to the outcome. Though my amazing computer survived it, and so did most others.

Level 25
If nothing happens earlier, people will commit collective suicide just before midnight, December 31'st, 2012. If only to prove themselves right; their life did end in 2012.
Lol, true dat.

I personally think the Millennium Bug was a lot more hyped up, and had a lot more credible evidence as to why and when it'd happen. It basically seemed inevitable, though it wouldn't be as serious as the 2012 myth when it comes to the outcome. Though my amazing computer survived it, and so did most others.

You have a point, in matter of fact. Because of the supposed outcome of 2012, the thought will be considered ridiculous by more people then the millenium bug, so less will probably believe it. Or people will just randomly suicide. As stated.

Level 13

True. There were always these kind of fantasies...
Last year a cult hid with like 200 people in a cave waiting for the end.. nothing happend.

And even if you believe it. How should it really work?
The planet will not just explode in a big boom...
The sun will not explode in 2012

The only thing that MIGHT happen is an atomic war between the big atomic nations which destroys the whole planet. And even this nearly happened once.. remember the cold war..

I don't think the world will end because of any event.
WE are going to destroy this world. Nothing else.

Level 19

The people IRL don't believe me!

Level 22
The only thing that actually will happen on the 21st of December 2012 is that the planets will be aligned, which has happened MAANY times before.

You will find the number 4 in many things too. The numbers 1 and 0 even more often. If you look you will find it. You can probably find the number 4356353 in your name.

And about those people dying, people die every day. The chance of one of them having three names is high. I got 3 names too, ohsh- :O

Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQMwEjC1I

People are just waiting for the world to end

When people see that the world doesn't end in 2012, they'll just push the year back something like 10 or 12 years and declare a new doomsday.

I'm sure the media will make it their effort to show how foolish these people are when its all said and done, a hype this large definitely deserves some ridicule.

Level 22
Humans will destroy the Earth, not Planet X or other things. It could happen that the Earth kills us before we can kill it though. 99% of all the different species that have lived are EXTINCT. Not the sign of a good planet to live on imho.

Level 17
The only thing that actually will happen on the 21st of December 2012 is that the planets will be aligned, which has happened MAANY times before.

You will find the number 4 in many things too. The numbers 1 and 0 even more often. If you look you will find it. You can probably find the number 4356353 in your name.

And about those people dying, people die every day. The chance of one of them having three names is high. I got 3 names too, ohsh- :O

Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQMwEjC1I

I know it's going way too off-topic here, but I'm pretty sure this thread is being closed sooner or later anyway.
So ... tell 'em to me :D

Level 34
Humans will destroy the Earth, not Planet X or other things. It could happen that the Earth kills us before we can kill it though. 99% of all the different species that have lived are EXTINCT. Not the sign of a good planet to live on imho.

We need to find ourselves some Prothean technology or else we'll end up like the Drell: Hanar's buttslaves!

(tag: Mass Effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.