• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Darkest Night

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In an ancient forest, two heroes have been to assasinate each other. There can only be one victor and that victor will be ever closer to winning the dreaded war that would decide the fate of the gods. The force who wins would have their power granted to them by the gods themselves and they would become the new gods. Unfortunately, winning a war isn't easy, and both sides have sent their assassins and embassies alike all culminating in betrayal and such when one faction has had enough of an alliance. Still yet, forced allies have come into the picture, allying with someone only because they are forced to choose between slavery and destruction. These forces themselves have been plotting destruction of their taskmasters. All this is going on in a thousand year war that decides who shall obtain the ultimate power...

This map is from a movie campaign I am in the process of making. It is considerably exhilarating but short enough that you don't get bored. The cinematic wont always be this pumped but there will always be something going on.

Please tell me what you think. I hope you like this cinematic!
One more thing, I am mouse. That is the name I use for my maps after my bnet name mouselini.

Keywords:
forest, assassin, power, cinematic, campaign, hero, heroes, fun, exhilarating
Contents

The Darkest Night (Map)

Reviews
15:31, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Sorry, you can't mean it. This is a 3-minute cinematic with nothing else but a flat terrain, one scene, an idiot warden (who still has Shadow Meld on, yet, the enemy can still see her) and a model that looks like Barbarian, yet he has invisibility; 10 columns placed as a reference to an arena and a bunch of flowers as a tragic happiness in the depressing scenery.
I am disappointed, because the description is better than the cinematic; I though I'd see something fancy here ;/ Unfortunately, I got bored, even if it was short, as you suggested.
Generally, a one vs. one fight, with no action, just a couple of look-around heads. The barbarian says "Behind you" and it takes 6 seconds to finally make the fatal blow.
Sky is boring, the blue cinematic fire around the "island" is boring as well.
A cinematic based off one trigger.
Please, use the "Escape" button as an exit from the cinematic, to make it easier for us. The trigger is this:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Game - Victory (Triggering Player) (Show scores, Show dialogs)
Also, the music isn't played; did you test it before uploading it? Sounds/Music cannot be played when there are in a trigger with the "Map Initialization" as event.
Create another trigger and have this as event:
  • Trigger2
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed time is 0.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Sound - Play 02_the_1st_fight <gen>
Pity, cause I really loved the song it was supposed to play.
Sorry, this has got to be placed in the Cinematic section in the forums, not the Maps section. It is unfinished as you said, and we can clearly see that. If I were you, I'd pick some nice cinematic tutorials and look over the Terrain section to get some inspiration.

Sorry for being harsh, but I can't understand why can't you realize that this must not be here. Plus, I know how the judges will react, so you'd better get a straight review from a member, than a judge, who could get your hopes down for working further on this.

Last edited:
It worked when I played it through and plus it's part of a campaign... It was pretty good if everything worked. Go figure why all the music didn't play because it worked for me... Anyway if for some reason it doesn't work for you, I don't really know what to do...

EDIT: it really should be played in the campaign. I'm sorry, but it was poorly adapted. I never tested it when I removed it from the campaign. Thanks for the tips. I think I'll see what others think cause this cinematic is better in the cinematic campaign.