• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Darkest Zelda game?

Darkest Zelda?

• Majora's Mask

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Twilight Princess

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Ocarina of Time

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Skyward Sword is coming near, but... it's all bright and cartoony. I thought of an idea: ask others what would be the darkest Zelda game?
In my opinion, it's Twilight Princess. It was violent, it had lots of scary moments, the world felt dangerous and in peril. And it's rated M in Australia.
Still, Majora's Mask is pretty damn dark too - the whole different dimension thing, moon crashing, and yeah, Oni Link.

Level 11
i said Majora's Mask because that game got some creepy looking creatures in it, but as for visual dark itself, i would go with Twilight Princess... hope Skyward Sword is gonna be good!

Level 3
I voted for Twilight Princess. I am playing it with my father atm (we are at the snowy mountains, collecting the first fragment of that mirror). The game has many scary moments in it and if i think of the creatures there and some scenes i really think this is the darkest Zelda game.

Level 17
I voted Majora's Mask. There's a shitload of underlying messages and hidden nuances that most don't even think about on their playthrough. Like this.
And: "An entire playthrough of the five big "zones" in Majora's Mask is a trip through the five stages of grief.

Clock Town is denial. No one in the city wants to admit the moon is going to fall on them.

The Swamp is anger. The Deku Scrubs are rushing to kill a monkey they blame all their problems on, yet he had nothing to do with any of them.

The Mountain is bargaining. The Gorons, freezing and starving, perpetually keep hope that their dead hero will come back and save them.

The Bay is depression. The Zoras lost their dead singer, and just sit around all day and mope.

The Valley is acceptance. With no more transformation masks and virtually everyone in the zone already dead, the only thing Link has left to conquer is himself.

It all has to do with how Link's can't really save everyone. Even after introducing the game as a quest to find Navi, he never will, but by the end we can accept that. One of the game's opening lines mentions that he is searching for a lost friend, and one of Tatl's last lines at the end of the game is 'Well, both of us have gotten what we were after...'"

Status
Not open for further replies.