• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Question of Lore: Legend of Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
There are a lot of Zelda games out there who're following a very specific time line (or rather three). My question to you is what would you like the next Zelda game to be about?

ztime.jpg

*Spoilers for Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess*

In my opinion the next Zelda game should be a follow up to Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adventures since there is a lot of unanswered questions left from Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. First and foremost is the mask keeper in Majora's Mask who just mysteriously disappears, it has been theorized that Link actually died in Majora's Mask and that Link is actually in the afterlife.

But even if this is supposed to be true there's still a lot of unanswered questions like who was that skull kid and the fairies, what mask was he wearing and how come we've never seen it again, a skull kid did after all appear in Twilight Princess could he be the owner of the mask? In Twilight Princess we are answered none of the important questions regarding Majora's Mask but are instead encountered with more questions regarding the Twilight Realm. For instance with the Mirror of Twilight shattered can anyone ever find a way to pass between the two worlds and could Midna still live considering we don't know the average lifespan of a Twili?

Since Twilight Princes and Majora's mask are my two favorite games it was really easy for me to decide that this is what I wanted to see but what about you, do you think I'm wrong and that we should explore some other time period. Please post your opinion of what the future of the franchise should be.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The time line was only done by Nintendo to please fans. I am pretty sure the developers had no such considerations when they made most of the games. Obviously the timeline will be a major consideration for the next Zelda as they are promoting it now but do not think the lore of older ones makes at all sense as it is basically glued where it is.

Level 24
The time line was only done by Nintendo to please fans. I am pretty sure the developers had no such considerations when they made most of the games. Obviously the timeline will be a major consideration for the next Zelda as they are promoting it now but do not think the lore of older ones makes at all sense as it is basically glued where it is.

A fair statement, yet the story is great and I'd like to know more about it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There really is not that much to know. As skyward sword shows, Gannondorf is always an incarnation of Demise, an anti-god, and so cannot really be killed as he will keep coming back in some way or form. There is really no complex lore binding everything together except for the recent titles made with that in mind, only themes carry between most of the titles.

Legend of Zelda is hardly a story powered game. It is more about now and why rather than how now happened. Yes they make references to history throughout the games but they are usually tales and legends so meant to not accurately reflect the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.