• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Curse of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The Terrors Within

TTW is a single player adventure which will give players at least 10 hours of playing.

The story is settled in middle of dark age in kingdom of Thoria. It begins after you have been assigned to deliver a message about the upcoming threat from the northern parts of kingdom. It has been reported that a certain group of bandits had been raiding villages near Duke Andrew Stoneheart's castle. But you will realize that there is more than bandits that is casting shadow on this peaceful land.

Skins and models used in this map are made by Born²Modificate and Happy Tauren.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_012308_205949_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012308_205949_01 copy.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 416
  • WC3ScrnShot_012308_210046_02 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012308_210046_02 copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 407
  • WC3ScrnShot_012308_210104_03 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012308_210104_03 copy.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 426
  • WC3ScrnShot_012308_210203_04 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_012308_210203_04 copy.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Level 11
Lol? Open source models? That doesn't work.
'Open source' Means that you publicly released the source code of your program. It doesn't work for things which are just data like models.

Also if you really want the models they can be extracted from the map mpq. (Or you can just look for them, they're probably somewhere...)

Level 23
Lol? Open source models? That doesn't work.
'Open source' Means that you publicly released the source code of your program. It doesn't work for things which are just data like models.

Also if you really want the models they can be extracted from the map mpq. (Or you can just look for them, they're probably somewhere...)

Back in my day we called War3 custom stuff open source if something was publically available, sonny. Mis-used term, perhaps, but folks knew what was meant.
And yes I know, I was asking him, making smalltalk.

Level 16
well... you will be able to open the map and use them. Castle you see in there is completely made of straight and curved walls merged together. You can wait for it to reach beta testing or you can download Born²Modificate's model pack from wc3campaigns and get them from there. One warning tho: you will probably have to change texture paths for those, because the textures they currently use are way too big (like 0.6MB or something like it). B²M is the legend and he has also included these less quality textures in his pack. That's what i've done here so that the map could be used IRL :)

And hmm... well you probably are right... terrain might use some more variations.

Terrain is okay, not impressive, because it is mainly just a decent use of custom doodads but it lacks more environmental stuff at the casle area, shrubbery and such you know. It looks good but really needs that finishing touch to look less like it is a lego castle :)

But a decent start on it, very nice atmosphere for sure.

Send me a PM once you know what to rename this to and I'll change the name of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.