• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Cursed Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey fellow map makers !!! I am looking for a team for my new project , it's called The Cursed Land (the name might change if me or someone comes up with a better one) .

About the map : The Cursed Land [TCL] is a survival style map , similar to zombie survivals , but with much more choices and possibilities .

What is a "zombie survival" ?
Zombie survival is a type of map where players choose a hero and try to survive as long as possible from a never ending onslaught of zombies , undead creatures and etc . There are few "spots" on the map allowing tactical capabilities like placing mines on the entrance , climable towers for ranged heroes and etc .

Features:
Solo or team vs team survival with countless waves of vicious beasts
Save-able reputation system .
Wide assortment of unique heroes (not the marine-only choices)
All kinds of attacking monsters and bosses (not just zombies and abominations)
Shops and upgrades , enchancing your gameplay
Great replay value (the game will never be the same)

Extra information:
Players won't be able to engage in Player VS Player combat , because their attacks and spells won't affect other heroes (except the special "curses" available for everyone) , so it will truly be a survival of the best .
All abilities will be Multi Player Compatible , so there won't be lame messages like : omgzorz you took the best hero , you will win)

Team I am looking for:
Terrainer (to make great terrain with loads of possibilities for defending spots and etc)
Artist (icons , loading screen , minimap preview)
Skinner (for some heroes , I am trying to avoid custom models since they use up too much space)

To be filled .... (Filled this in a hurry currently)

Level 17
Ah, I can make pretty good (playable) terrains.
So I gues I could do that for you, I'm also able to make you a preview picture it's not all that hard but I can't draw stuf or anything complicated just resize and convert so it will be seen.
I usualy take a screenshot and put name + mapname on it :p

Take note that I'm already have a terrain request atm, I can work on both but with school and exams etc it would take at least 2 months to make a terrain.
It's up to you though. ^^

- You could look for Underwater Hunt, if you want to see my terraining skills of a year ago. (They improved a bit.)

Level 3
Emperor 521

2 Months? I will need much less time for the terrain. I also have school, but I have time!

Level 13
Then I think your survival map was not the best one. :D

Well , terrain isn't the only thing that matters ;] Tho it matters alot in this kind of maps

I did my zombie survival map in 4 days.. Terraining of 2 months sounds weird.

Seriously ^^

2 Months? I will need much less time for the terrain. I also have school, but I have time!

I'm glad you agreed ^^

Ah, I can make pretty good (playable) terrains.
So I gues I could do that for you, I'm also able to make you a preview picture it's not all that hard but I can't draw stuf or anything complicated just resize and convert so it will be seen.
I usualy take a screenshot and put name + mapname on it :p

Take note that I'm already have a terrain request atm, I can work on both but with school and exams etc it would take at least 2 months to make a terrain.
It's up to you though. ^^

- You could look for Underwater Hunt, if you want to see my terraining skills of a year ago. (They improved a bit.)

If it will be really good then sure ;] (terrains can always be replaced , without losing the credit)

Status
Not open for further replies.